test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why did my launcher just start patching,is something going on i havent heard about????

13»

Answers

• Options
    rrees151rrees151 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    mines still not working,it said something about error cant start game shard has been changed and now its downloading a 10gb patch,im at a loss im ready to give up onn this.its been happening to me allllllll day!!!!!!!
  • Options
    livestick#7272 livestick Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Nope, whatever you guys did didn't fix it. I'm just going to go play something else now. This is more hassle than its worth.
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    13GB for me. If it doesn't drop after x amount or you guys fix it, thats pretty much anyone from Europe logging in now screwed for this evening
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I blame the Kahnlins...
  • Options
    frenchtoasterfrenchtoaster Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Mine also still requests the patch. I have restarted the launcher and my computer multiple times to no effect.
  • Options
    captainpiggcaptainpigg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Great so I won't be able to get the anniversary ship this year, thanks a whole bunch to whoever messed this up at Cryptic.
  • Options
    ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I like this game, but geez. Bugs, bugs, bugs, and nonstop nonsense like this.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    AND NOW, I have a 12GB DL for Tribble I can't get rid of...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    More news: "Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 20 minutes ago

Our team is looking into the patching issues again. We'll update once we hear more information."

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'm TERRIFIED at this point to actually try and log into the game...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Has anyone completed the download of this patch and has it effected the launcher and access to the game ?
  • Options
    yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 13 Administrator
    Hi All,

Jumping in here with some more information as we've looked into the patching issue again. It looks like there was some issues with the patching server this afternoon, which had players download incorrect data. At this time, the issue is resolved for new players connecting to the patch server (those who have not run into the patching issue). Unfortunately, those who have started patching the bad data will need to continue through the process in order to correct the data that was previously downloaded.

If you started the download before 1:40 pm PT, it would be best to restart the download process in order to ensure that you are receiving the correct files.

Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We appreciate the feedback.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • Options
    rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Great so I won't be able to get the anniversary ship this year, thanks a whole bunch to whoever messed this up at Cryptic.

They like to introduce bugs towards the end of events, like the one a couple of winter events ago where the rep project wouldn't complete, or wouldn't apply the discount to alts or something (I forget exactly what it was now). It makes the ships just that little bit more exclusive. I'm surprised they haven't added the event ships or at least their consoles/warp cores to one of the many in-game stores for purchase through various currencies though. Seems like a little extra earner to me. I'm so cynical!

Anyway, regarding still needing to download the patch, like I said earlier the initial patch the caused the problem deleted a load of files in the directory, so you'll still need them no matter what they've fixed at Cryptic's end. It probably included a log or something that had details of our game version compared with the server's so it probably doesn't realise the rest of the files are correct either.

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Hi All,

Jumping in here with some more information as we've looked into the patching issue again. It looks like there was some issues with the patching server this afternoon, which had players download incorrect data. At this time, the issue is resolved for new players connecting to the patch server (those who have not run into the patching issue). Unfortunately, those who have started patching the bad data will need to continue through the process in order to correct the data that was previously downloaded.

If you started the download before 1:40 pm PT, it would be best to restart the download process in order to ensure that you are receiving the correct files.

Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We appreciate the feedback.

Alex

There were some people saying they were going to miss getting the ship due to this issue. I hope there will be some way to accommodate them? Thank you.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    ardenwolfeardenwolfe Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Great. . . .
  • Options
    Hi All,

Alex

Well that confirms I will not be getting the anniversary ship this year as I don't have the data left this month to download the entire bloody game, and of course the moron responsible for this TRIBBLE up will not will not face any consequences, as per normal.
  • Options
    Hi All,

Alex

Thanks for the update. Another one of those petty annoyances we put up with to get our entertainment kicks
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's just a pre-patch people, this happens every single "season" update that comes around and should not be a surprise to anyone at this point. Also, no one at Cryptic "effed up", this is supposed to happen.

Uh NO. Five Posts Up. There actually was an issue. the Patch Server, got confused.

Oh and Ignore the Guys Whining that they didn't get the Ship....

I did the Omega Game Every other Day, and I got the Ship yesterday... They had time.
    Hi All,

Alex

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's just a pre-patch people, this happens every single "season" update that comes around and should not be a surprise to anyone at this point. Also, no one at Cryptic "effed up", this is supposed to happen.

It's not a pre-patch, you cannot get into the game at all unless you re-download the entire bloody game again, learn to read
  • Options
    livestick#7272 livestick Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > It's just a pre-patch people, this happens every single "season" update that comes around and should not be a surprise to anyone at this point. Also, no one at Cryptic "effed up", this is supposed to happen.

Really?

> @yetweallfalldown said:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Jumping in here with some more information as we've looked into the patching issue again. It looks like there was some issues with the patching server this afternoon, which had players download incorrect data. At this time, the issue is resolved for new players connecting to the patch server (those who have not run into the patching issue). Unfortunately, those who have started patching the bad data will need to continue through the process in order to correct the data that was previously downloaded.
    >
    > If you started the download before 1:40 pm PT, it would be best to restart the download process in order to ensure that you are receiving the correct files.
    >
    > Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We appreciate the feedback.
    >
    > Alex

You were saying?
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    Wonderful. A 30 hour download to look forward to now.
  • Options
    selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Nope, whatever you guys did didn't fix it. I'm just going to go play something else now. This is more hassle than its worth.

Been getting this way for a while now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    *shrug* I'm sure it'll turn out to have been Noye's temporal agents interfering with our ability to interfere with their interferences... um... [does some mental math]... I'm a little confused, now...
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    "primar13 wrote: »
    Oh and Ignore the Guys Whining that they didn't get the Ship....

I did the Omega Game Every other Day, and I got the Ship yesterday... They had time.

Some people have real lives to be getting on with as well, you know. I used to work at sea and these in-game events would often clash with my time away where I only had dial-up speed internet shared between the whole crew. I missed the second Risa summer ship because I didn't have time to finish it and it wasn't worth spending real money on to get the lobi to buy tokens for it, and I completely missed out on the Kobali anniversary ship. Don't like the ship, but would have liked to get the console to go with the command ships that I had paid for. This is why I said I don't understand why they don't sell the holiday ships or consoles/warp cores in one of the in-game stores (zen, dili, lobi). It would probably earn Cryptic yet more moola.

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Hi All,

Alex

And with quoting this post, I believe it's not necessary to keep going on this topic, as it answers the concerns for everyone.
    /Closed.

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.