test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wait, did Nimbus III get terraformed?

I was replaying the Nimbus missions today, and noticed something odd:

112677n.jpg

What's going on here? I'm pretty sure even Hassan the Undying couldn't afford to terraform the whole planet. :P
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    They shoulda given it the death star treatment instead
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    T6 Connie stealth thread. Status: Confirmed.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    must be nagus using a second account to try push that stupid t6 connie agenda again..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Looks rather deserty in the movie to me. :p
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Funny...I just went there to complete an accolade and thought the same thing. It's looking a bit green and watery from orbit...but the civilization was built in a desert area.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    latest?cb=20100201221916&path-prefix=en

Well this is what was on the Enterprise viewscreen in orbit of Nimbus III........
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    must be nagus using a second account to try push that stupid t6 connie agenda again..

This is why I love my fans. Whether I'm there or not, I'm always on their mind :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Also, the planet is still deserty when viewed from sector space. So I'm guessing this is a bug.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I noticed the same thing the other evening.

Maybe the desert is the only part of the planet that isn't infected by that plague from Omega IV that turns you into a dehydrated pile of salts?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hmm... I was wondering why people lived there. :p Or maybe the vegetated parts have the kind of plants that try to eat you?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I not Nimbus III probably IV or V.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion

This is why I love my fans. Whether I'm there or not, I'm always on their mind :D

hahahaha.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2016
    Fixed on the branch I'm working in, but that'll take a while to get out to you guys. Though, from looking at the past revisions of the file, it's always looked this way. . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • proximo#1613 proximo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    lol, Yea the place should look like Tatooine.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Fixed on the branch I'm working in, but that'll take a while to get out to you guys. Though, from looking at the past revisions of the file, it's always looked this way. . .

No it Was the Brown Dustball it was supposed to be at launch. (I have old Screenshots)

At some point it got one Hell of a Rain storm though. ( I noticed it on my First Delta Recruit)

Thanks for Fixing it tho.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    OMG! Someone detonated a Genesis Device on Nimbus III!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited February 2016

I can personally vouch for the planet being a dry desert planet at launch. This was the first time I noticed it looking Earthy. It also has the blue look during the missions, if that's significant.

Thanks for the fix!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    There are some good quests on Nimbus III . Some of the best times I had back in the day leveling. Good times, good times.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    What you people aren't taking into account is that the sea water on Nimbus III is all heavily tainted with heavy metals, so the couple of square miles of rain-shadow desert we run around in is practically the only inhabitable spot on the entire planet.

Those big blue patches will kill you dead.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    primar13 wrote: »

No it Was the Brown Dustball it was supposed to be at launch. (I have old Screenshots)

At some point it got one Hell of a Rain storm though. ( I noticed it on my First Delta Recruit)

Thanks for Fixing it tho.

Remember what happens when it rains on Arrakis Nimbus
    For reference, this is what the planet looked like in June 2013. I took the pic myself.

Nimbus_III_space.png
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I love the text in the chat box ;)

I muted that thing years ago, now I have to see it chatting in a SS?

How does one truly avoid that thing?

---

Also OP, how do you play with such a cramped HUD?

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There is screenshot in the wiki it has definitely not always been blue.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    never mind
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • noblehouse#4574 noblehouse Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    1. It's a hologram to entice real estate agents and capture them to work in the bar.
    2. T6 Connie not gonna happen.
    3. I run Nimbus III now.

T6 Constitution will indeed happen, if the new Star Trek show features one or similar.
    Nimbus three is a desert/arid/xeric type planet. from the picture above;
    For reference, this is what the planet looked like in June 2013. I took the pic myself.

Nimbus_III_space.png

nimbus three actually has more lighter colored flat plains, mountainous regions and some spots of deserts then what is seen in this picture it should be replaced with some stronger less washed out brown and orange colors.