test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Collectors Lockbox Coming to STO?

I noticed recently a "Collector" lockbox that instead of offering specific items offered vouchers for a variety of items arrived in Champions. I'm guessing we'll see something like this soon here if it's successful there, potentially for all those event ships that are now unattainable.

The Kivas Fajo Box?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Neverwinter's last lockbox, the Glorious Resurgence Lockbox, did something similar... allowing you the oportunity to choose from previous mounts and artifacts.
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    If they do it like it's done in Champions or Neverwinter, you won't "win" a Risian Corvette or Samsar. You'll win a token which you can use to buy the Risian Corvette or Samsar at a vendor at the faction hubs.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Hope they make it so, and that it would contain a growing collection of items that are no longer available as tradeable items such as crystalline energy torp, etc., so that people are able to trade a lucky draw for whatever it is they are really after in addition to lobi in case they get an unwanted item or duplicates.

The idea is already in place anyways, with the older event ships (eg. dysons) at the lobi store, and their decision so far to not continue adding them there (possibly because they may not sell very well) would make sense to try the lockbox route instead.

I doubt it would cut into the metrics for event participation, and given the profit they'd make I bet it would more than offset that tiny percentage.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    I'm all for more tokens and/or choice boxes, so long as they're tradeable and preferably not faction locked.
  • mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I hope they have tokens to purchase previous lock box items and ships like the bug ship. Not having to open old boxes that have nothing good in them but one console or ship sucks. But opening newer ones with chances for these tokens plus better new items in them would be awesome.
  • darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This means having to buy key's for yet another gamble box to maybe get a ship token, I'll pass.
    Post edited by darkhorse281 on
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Only if the rewards are account wide unlocks. The ships were free once, I'd have no problem with paying for them if it meant another opportunity to get them, but the costs would be insanely high if you'd just get one ship, for one character given that all other event ships are now account wide unlocked.

I'd still prefer a rerun event though, where we get a chance to slot projects for no longer available ships.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Is it wrong that, nearly four years after Mass Effect 3 launched (and more than six years since Mass Effect 2), my first thought at seeing the thread title was "What do Collectors have to do with STO?"