test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does anyone else play with the profanity filter on?

wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Have you noticed that if you're describing an ec purchase for 600k it gets filtered, but someone typing b*****ks into chat is apparently fine with the filter?

Anyone testing this statement I recommend you go to your starship bridge and write to local.

Just saying.
Rj6YZR.gif
@Wisecasper
Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    And, pray-tell, why is this in Gameplay Bug Reports?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Because it happens in the game "This forum is for reporting and discussing in-game bugs amongst the community"

I was going to post it as a graphic and sound issue, but thought that might confuse people.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • Options
    jamboxdotcomjamboxdotcom Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I've learned never to use profanity filters in any MMO, because they're always worse than simply dealing with gutter-mouths. They tend to filter out words that aren't profanity, and ignore creative spellings of words that are profanity. Just turn it off and get on with your life. And no, it's not a bug, it's a limitation with any kind of chat filter. In 20+ MMOs I've played over the years, I've not seen one that functions correctly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Besides, considering you're playing a game where you're in a military organization, frankly, the chat is a lot cleaner than it actually is in an actual military. It ain't called "Swear Like A Sailor Day" for nothing.

Isn't that the same as "Talk like a pirate day"? :P