test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing significant gear on my primary toon

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
edited February 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I originally posted this in the 'missing gear' thread stickied at the top of this section. Since then I've come to realize I'm missing a substantial quantity of gear, much more than previously thought.

Full set of elite fleet phaser arrays, XIV (2 are visible, the remaining 4 'cannot be found')
Full set of AP beam arrays (3 are visible, 3 are missing)
4x dual AP beams [dmg]x3, [pen] Gold
Multiple Tactical Consoles
KCB
Torpedo launchers (Neutronic, omega, graviometric, the new Krenim - all upgraded to XIV)

Basically any item that was part of an existing loadout where the items were not returned to my bank, inventory or overflow bag.

Here's an example of one such loadout:

build-yamato.jpg

- so far, only Thrax (my main) has this issue
- if I try to use another ship, and apply a saved loadout - I get an error "that item cannot be found"
- when I delete a ship, I empty if first.
- I have not accidentally deleted all of these items. I am OCD with deletions - I check everything twice.
- I have checked banks, inventories and where visible, overflow bags
- Ive spent hundreds of dollars for storage space - there is plenty of empty space.
- items where available within the last week (i mess around with builds every few days)

[System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,911,999.

Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    I don't mean to be awkward in saying this, but we really can't help you with this.

I'd seriously take it to a GM before you do anything else, I mean maybe @pwlaughingtrendy has some time to help out, but I'd truthfully the vast majority of people here can't do a thing about it and you're more likely to get somewhere quicker with a GM for the moment.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    I appreciate that - but was hoping for a simpler solution.

I have reported this as a ticket. And I have chatted with LaughingTrendy, whom while she tried to walk me through it, it was clear than a ticket was the only way to move forward.,

Unfortunately - it's keeps getting worse - all my dual beams AP Gold XIV's are missing as well. It just keeps getting worse and worse. It's clear though that all of the missing items are connected to the loadouts system. Oddly enough I have dozens of Mark X weapons and gear in the equipment swap windows - except than my back, inventory and ships don't have any listed.

Clearly something is really fracked up.
    Just discovered something. A solution to a bug?

When I click on a weapon and get the equip screen - it's filled with 60 items - mostly the TRIBBLE gear you get with new ships. After deleting all of that TRIBBLE gear, suddenly some of my missing items appear. I'm not entirely sure everything is back, (KCB) is still missing for example, but the dual beams are all available.

Really wierd affect.

The good news is that Trendy has escalated this odd - likely 1% issue (too much stuff) to the Queen ;)
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    It seems that loadouts can potentially send an item to limbo, being neither entirely gone nor part of an equipment slot. Given the extremely long history of loadout bugs, I have never trusted that system enough to use it.

I can agree. I've effectively done it again on another character - ironically impacting the same gear ;)

Happy days.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    It seems that loadouts can potentially send an item to limbo, being neither entirely gone nor part of an equipment slot. Given the extremely long history of loadout bugs, I have never trusted that system enough to use it.

I can agree. I've effectively done it again on another character - ironically impacting the same gear ;)

Happy days.

Curious.

If you can write up exactly what happens each time and how you get it back that'd be very helpful.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited February 2016
    I did in the GM ticket - but for those here:

- lots of empty banking space on all toons in question.

toons impacted thrax@ddesjardins (fed) - 9:345 am pst, T'Hrax@ddesjardins (rom) - 10:40am pst

1.) The issue appears to impact characters with a full roster of ships
    2.) Gear used on loadouts that are currently not active, or in your bank or inventory(something called 'semi-limbo')
    3.) Acquired all three flagships (as boxes)
    4.) Went to the ship selector; either mothballed (what drydock SHOULD be called), or released 3 ships
    5.) Make ready one of the new ships (first sign of trouble - nothing is transferred, or only partially transferred)
    6.) use the 'EQUIP' function to add gear
    7.) 'EQUIP' only shows a fraction of your gear (second sign of trouble) - it seems that Neutronic Torpedo likes to disappear first, or it's the first one I look for ;)
    8.) 'Panic' and goto a ship with the gear 'in semi-limbo', and ready the starship. Gear disappears entirely 'Item not found' warning is displayed.

- at this point I msg LaughingTrendy in the hopes she can work magic, end up filing Bug report ticket -

9.) Goto the ship selector - delete ALL of the Mark X gear, some 'missing gear reappears' when you open and close the window. Except the Neutronic Torpedo.
    10.) Curl up into a ball realizing I did this for a second time.

- jokingly tweet the problem - (first day)
    - tweet @trekonlinegame, asking should I wait for an exorcist or stop using the loadout system entirely. - (day two)

I'm pretty sure this is fixable.