test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First load after every patch takes forever?

heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've looked aorund a lot and haven't seen anybody else talking about this, so I'm wondering if anybody else has this issue. Every time there's a patch, and I mean every single time ever since Legacy of Romulus, the first time I load the game after patching takes forever. Like thirty minutes to an hour. I used to think it was just freezing up before I noticed that If I left it long enough, it would eventually come up. After that first time, though, it loads in a few minutes and runs fine.

It's not -really- a problem, so I never bothered trying to fix it, but it's just a bit weird and slightly annoying, so I was wondering if anybody else had noticed this.

(Edit: Also not sure if I posted this in the right place. I don't think it's a network issue, but it's not exactly a gameplay bug either.)

Comments

• Options
    kubig37kubig37 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I have the same problem, or better: I had this problem maybe ever since I started playing STO (Since season 9 or so).

But it only happens on one of my computers, the slower one with Windows 8. But thankfully not sooo long, only like 5 minutes at max. But it is still annoying - mostly because, when I minimize the game (to let it load while I would do something else), it won't load EVER!, so I have to leave it as it is on the loading screen, and go get a coffee or something xD