Options

The Kemocite Desaster

124»

Comments

• Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    szim wrote: »
    Since this issue is now going into its second week without comment from Cryptic's side I would really like an official answer on this as well as increase awareness.

For people who don't know yet Kemocite has been nerfed into the ground and now does next to no damage anymore.

My questions are these:
    1. Have you changed this intentionally?
    2. If yes, is this change a permanent one and what was the reason for it?
    3. If no, is there a fix being worked on?
    4. Why haven't you informed the players?

Especially the fourth question is important since Kemocite manuals are still being sold for 100+ million EC on the exchange and obviously people who buy them are not aware that those are not worth that kind of money anymore.

Kemocite is currently broken. Borticus has acknowledged this, stating it was an UNINTENTIONAL change and said that Kemocite currently is unable to produce critical hits, except with torpedos and there will be a fix in testing within a month. Personally, I am having great success with Kemocite II and III as it is keeping my sustained dps above 50k. Need to do some research

Borticus wrote:

2) No longer Crits, except under Torpedo Spread.

This was not an intentional change, and we're working on a fix to bring the behavior of Critical Hits back into play when using Kemocite. This fix is going to undergo a pretty extensive testing process though, so I don't anticipate it appearing on Holodeck for at least a month, maybe as much as two. It will be on Tribble very soon, however. We'd welcome additional testers to check out the fixed behavior when it arrives, and run a few scenarios to ensure we haven't overlooked any edge-case issues.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    deokkent wrote: »
    Kemo qq... Drama, my food.

Pretty much! People who can not afford it are going to QQ. That's life :-)
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I don't have any skin in the game as I never owned/used the trait,. However, I am VERY much against "stealth nerfs". If its being tweaked additionally, please state when and to what extant. Just saying with a disclaimer "we may adjust it in the future" aint enough.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I don't have any skin in the game as I never owned/used the trait,. However, I am VERY much against "stealth nerfs". If its being tweaked additionally, please state when and to what extant. Just saying with a disclaimer "we may adjust it in the future" aint enough.

They have already stated that is was unintentionally broke in a previous patch. Borticus stated that it will be fixed in about a month. Right now it is not critically hitting anything with energy weapons. My parser showed me that the highest encounterDPS attained with Kemocite III was 600..so something is wrong.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    He also said the change they were making that was intentional was not communicated (along with the intentional but not communicated change of removing the Officer Reports Daily).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited February 2016

They have already stated that is was unintentionally broke in a previous patch. Borticus stated that it will be fixed in about a month. Right now it is not critically hitting anything with energy weapons.
    ltminns wrote: »
    He also said the change they were making that was intentional was not communicated (along with the intentional but not communicated change of removing the Officer Reports Daily).

The original 'fix' was intentional yes. Some thought it was a nerf but only because they were spoiled but the outrageous dps that it was generating. It was still maintaining great dps numbers. When the ability for kemocite to crit with energy weapons was taken away, it drastically effected it. When they fix it again, people will start seeing the contributions that kemocite should provide.

Until then, I will stop using it. 600 dps is obviously not worth the slot. Fix the critical problem, and it will go back its proper DPS contribution, I will still have it to use :)
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I am talking about the current fix, from last week, that was not communicated, not the one they made at the beginning of December. That December one took on KLW, the Quantum Phase Torpedo, the Neutronic Torpedo, and another small adjustment to the Embassy Consoles.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    I am talking about the current fix, from last week, that was not communicated, not the one they made at the beginning of December. That December one took on KLW, the Quantum Phase Torpedo, the Neutronic Torpedo, and another small adjustment to the Embassy Consoles.

Sounds like it was simply fixed...not nerfed. When the ability to crit is added back to energy weapons, it will greatly increase its damage. It will take full advantage of your Crt% and CrtD stats.

1) Proc rate reduced during Torpedo Spread and Fire-at-Will

This change was intentional. It was discovered that both of these firing modes were checking their Proc Chance twice per activation - once on activation, and again when the damage is actually dealt. This is due to the complicated "reverse hit" mechanics involved with how they calculate which targets are affected. We fixed the issue, which brought the proc rate back down to expected levels - 10% on Energy Weapon activation, and 100% for Torpedoes (for a single hit, not two).

It was definitely not intentional that this fix was not documented in our patch notes. This was an oversight caused by an internal miscommunication. We're already working on avenues to prevent such things from happening again in the future. Generally speaking, if a change goes live without a patch note, it's almost always safe for players to assume that it was an unintended change, and should be treated as a bug. If it turns out to have been intentional, we'll put just as much effort into communicating that, as we would to fixing it if it's a bug.

If you're interested in helping, you're always welcome to run a few queues on Tribble each time a major build is released, and report any new or unexpected behavior. Might need to bring your own team, though!

2) No longer Crits, except under Torpedo Spread.

This was not an intentional change, and we're working on a fix to bring the behavior of Critical Hits back into play when using Kemocite. This fix is going to undergo a pretty extensive testing process though, so I don't anticipate it appearing on Holodeck for at least a month, maybe as much as two. It will be on Tribble very soon, however. We'd welcome additional testers to check out the fixed behavior when it arrives, and run a few scenarios to ensure we haven't overlooked any edge-case issues.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    And with the firing cycle haste abilities on the Scimitar, combined with a working Kemocite, the numbers will be magic!

:-)

1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    It's not being fixed...As per Bort...only a minor tweak in months from now. Don't hold your breath for it fish-42.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    It's not being fixed...As per Bort...only a minor tweak in months from now. Don't hold your breath for it fish-42.gif​​

source?
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Whatever they "fix" it wont be a full fixed as it was last December. Kemo has been nerfed permanently.​​