What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is Q wearing the judge outfit?

13»

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    You know how many people I saw in zone chat asking "Where's Q ?" this last week ?
    Hundreds and hundreds of times. I kid you not.

If they were to stick Q in a "regular Joe" Starfleet outfit, zone chat would crash.

Its bad enough many people can't find him with 2 giant Gorn dancing next to him.
    What makes you think those people would find him if he looks like a regular Joe Starfleet NPC ?

Heck, people have a hard enough time finding the Omega traces on ESD.

Right now, you can recognize him from afar. He stands out.
    He wouldn't in a regular Starfleet outfit.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Put him in a Union Civil War Generals Uniform.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You know how many people I saw in zone chat asking "Where's Q ?" this last week ?

If they were to stick Q in a "regular Joe" Starfleet outfit, zone chat would crash.

Its bad enough many people can't find him with 2 giant Gorn dancing next to him.
    What makes you think those people would find him if he looks like a regular Joe Starfleet NPC ?
    They're not Gorn. They're Fek'lhri.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    C'mon man, Voyager wasn't that bad.

Man, I could write a book, but I'll just agree to disagree on that one. I hated pretty much everything they did with the Continuum, though.
  • Options
    heavensrun wrote: »
    Thank you for that. That last sentence is the first thing in this entire thread that actually is trying to take into account the personality of the character. I would argue that the uniform of a genocidal regime is a terrible costume for a jester, but at least it has something to do with the character.
    Why? If something states that you have no respect for anything, that you take nothing serious, it's taking the uniforms of a terrible regime and making fun of it.

The traditional depiction of court jesters is more a sign that you don't take fashion seriously. This one is that you don't take anything seriously, least of it the human history.

Eh, I'll put it this way. If you wanted to dress like Hitler to make fun of the TRIBBLE, that's one thing. If you dress like Hitler to do an unrelated stand-up routine, at best it's a confusing message. ;)
  • Options

Heck, people have a hard enough time finding the Omega traces on ESD.

Right now, you can recognize him from afar. He stands out.
    He wouldn't in a regular Starfleet outfit.

You're right, he would totally blend with the giant dancing Fek'Ihri and the whole flying thing.

They're not finding him because they're not actually looking. Lazy people are going to be lazy regardless. The game is also full of numerous "generic" NPCs that somehow we all manage to find and interact with. There is no logic in that argument. It's just aimless cynicism.

And shouldn't the integrity of the setting mean something? Most of these arguments are completely ignoring the question of what Q would be likely to actually wear.

If it were my choice, Fedside, I'd put him in a modern Starfleet admiral's uniform, and during the event, he lounges on a roman couch that replaces Quinn's desk in ESD while a conjured Iconian feeds him grapes. For bonus points, Quinn's interactions during the event are slightly edited to express his annoyance, though that might break things, so I could live without it.

On Qo'nos, it's harder to say. He'd definitely be doing something to annoy J'mpok. Or maybe Worf.