test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Winner Announcement - Repeating Winners

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
edited January 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Winner Announcement Script is bugged. It keeps showing the same names over and over and over again. It has been doing this non stop for most of today. I have a list of the names that keep coming up.

Let see here,
Isaac Hull@issachull has won over 10 Tholian Meshweavers in the last couple of hours.
beast@unimatrix11975 has won a lot too.

Many more names to the list but these two are just the first two that showed repeat history. Either these guys are very very lucky, and by lucky I mean beyond measure lucky or their winning is just being reported over and over again. The other option is a bugged "fake account" winner script but I don't know if such a nefarious tool is used by Cryptic to give the impression to folks that winning a ship happens all the time. I doubt it given that that would be immeasurably dishonest.

I have the chat log that shows the issue and will provide it to any admin who requests it.
Video Illustrating In Real Time the bug
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by lordatrocities on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The Mesh Weaver is the cheap T5 consolation prize, the Tarantula is the grand prize.

Someone messed up and marked the T5 for notifications instead of the Tarantula. Turn off notifications from the chat menu and ignore them.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    They ware winning the T6 version and I am uploading a video now - I think its a bug or something because from what I have seen only tholian ships are being won. Its very very odd. In 3 years I have never seen this sort of issue before.
    The Mesh Weaver is the cheap T5 consolation prize, the Tarantula is the grand prize.

Someone messed up and marked the T5 for notifications instead of the Tarantula. Turn off notifications from the chat menu and ignore them.

Agreed, but those names listed are winning the T6 version over and over and over again. This defies the odds and literally just blows them out of the water. Perhaps the odds are now bugged? I don't know but I am uploading a video now and you can see in real time how fast a repeat winner is listed. Its boggles the mind. I think its a bug or something because from what I have seen only tholian ships are being won. Its very very odd. In 3 years I have never seen this sort of issue before.
  • Options
    But you said:
    Isaac Hull@issachull has won over 10 Tholian Meshweavers in the last couple of hours.

That's the cheap consolation prize ship, so someone going for a Tarantula is quite likely to get 10 of them.
  • Options
    But you said:

That's the cheap consolation prize ship, so someone going for a Tarantula is quite likely to get 10 of them.

Like I said, very possible, but to be honest, the spam is killing me. I had to close chat. And for the record, there must be a record number of folks going for that ship tonight with all of them winning repeatedly. I wish them luck. I hope they get the big prize.
  • Options
    Hundreds of reward packs are already on the exchange, so yes people are opening a lot of lock boxes.
  • Options
    Hundreds of reward packs are already on the exchange, so yes people are opening a lot of lock boxes.

I wish them the best of luck. :D