What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LaughingTrendy: A year in review

13»

Comments

• Options
    danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I have to say she certainly has done a good job, especially recently. Let's hope we get to keep her for as long as possible.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    It's a very rich IP, I definitely enjoy seeing the stories add to it in new ways.
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yup i'll throw a donation into the bacon bucket.

Been here since the start and seen some pretty dire and nasty things go down, gotta say, these forums are a much nicer place to be these days without a doubt.

Also managed to catch Trendy a couple times in game in events etc, seems to be no end to her cheery energy and commitment to what she does.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    I will say that many of us figured that nobody would fill Brandon's shoes here, but Trendy has done an admirable job of it. Thanks for all the hard work!
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for keeping things on track! She is incredibly good at her job and deserves recognition for her fantastic work from the people she diligently serves. :)

And thank you! for thanking everyone else, for thanking her.

Two points:

1) I understand and actually agree with the idea that people should not necessarily be praised for simply doing their jobs(although some jobs I would say are an exception, specifically those where people's lives are on the line; soldiers, police, fire fighters, etc).

2) Even so, the OP obviously thinks Trendy is doing a great job and posted this thread to give her that compliment. Even if you do not happen to agree, what, exactly, are you trying to accomplish by 'raining on his parade'? What, exactly, is your goal for posting in this thread just to disagree with people?
    Post edited by jodarkrider on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    People should be congratulated and recognized for a job well done but you know you've really arrived when you get a creepy uncle gush thread of your own.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    2) Even so, the OP obviously thinks Trendy is doing a great job and posted this thread to give her that compliment. Even if you do not happen to agree, what, exactly, are you trying to accomplish by 'raining on his parade'? What, exactly, is your goal for posting in this thread just to disagree with people?
    at this point he's just flame/troll baiting and I reported his post as such
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    You know, having mod power on our own threads would kinda be nice and make trendy's job much easier. ;)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    You know, having mod power on our own threads would kinda be nice and make trendy's job much easier. ;)

Not really. It would just allow people to silence anyone who disagreed with them. It's better to let the pros do their job.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Wow...pucker up.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    My true feelings about Trendy are summed up thusly...

https://youtu.be/TqkzDca0SpE

<3<3<3<3

(without the frolicking on the beach of course)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    This thread was nice. But lo, it has become a bit of an argument on the merits of whether or not you should express goodwill towards someone.

I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.