test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LaughingTrendy: A year in review

samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
So I've been meaning to write this for a long time but the anniversary of her promotion just recently happened so I feel like it's finally time.

I was going to do a long analysis of her successes and failures but there don't seem to be any failures at all, so this will mostly just be gushing about all the amazing things she's done for the game. LOL

Bug Reports - she created a team of skilled players to hunt down and identify bugs for quick repair, significantly improving bug squashing capabilities.

Design Your Ship - she made a player controlled event to design a pure federation carrier answering many long asked requests and handled the entire thing beautifully with a hint of more to come!

Bridge for the players - as community manager one of her primary functions is to address player questions and concerns and relay them to the developers which she has done an amazing job at. Many long standing issues have been addressed and resolved since her tenure began and it really feels like she cares about us.

Forum God - I mean how much explanation does this one need? She's hilarious and vigilant in her quest to purify the forums and is a true joy to follow. It never fails to amuse seeing her wield the ban hammer... XD

Bacon and Coffee - Nuff said.

Regular news items - she kept a nice constant and almost daily flow of news items all year for us to enjoy showing true forethought.

Wiki Update Event - once again she shows her skills by giving a nice incentive for everyone to help update and fix the outdated wiki!

I mean i don't know what else to say except that she's the most amazing community moderator we've ever had! Join me in celebrating her recent anniversary by adding your own trendy stories, quotes etc.

LONG LIVE TRENDY!!!
Post edited by samt1996 on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    lets hope trendy can do one for the romulans, a design your ship, a pure science ship the romulans desperately need.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    So I've been meaning to write this for a long time but the anniversary of her promotion just recently happened so I feel like it's finally time.

I was going to do a long analysis of her successes and failures but there don't seem to be any failures at all, so this will mostly just be gushing about all the amazing things she's done for the game. LOL

Bug Reports - she created a team of skilled players to hunt down and identify bugs for quick repair, significantly improving bug squashing capabilities.

Design Your Ship - she made a player controlled event to design a pure federation carrier answering many long asked requests and handled the entire thing beautifully with a hint of more to come!

Bridge for the players - as community manager one of her primary functions is to address player questions and concerns and relay them to the developers which she has done an amazing job at. Many long standing issues have been addressed and resolved since her tenure began and it really feels like she cares about us.

Forum God - I mean how much explanation does this one need? She's hilarious and vigilant in her quest to purify the forums and is a true joy to follow. It never fails to amuse seeing her wield the ban hammer... XD

Regular news items - she kept a nice constant and almost daily flow of news items all year for us to enjoy showing true forethought.

I mean i don't know what else to say except that she's the most amazing community moderator we've ever had! Join me in celebrating her recent anniversary by adding your own trendy stories, quotes etc.

LONG LIVE TRENDY!!!

Seems out of place in here (might be better suited in 10 forward threads) and just another way to suck up to the Community Manager dino1-1.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I was going to do a long analysis of her successes and failures but there don't seem to be any failures at all, so this will mostly just be gushing about all the amazing things she's done for the game.

There is one failure... she's not Sisko, as the saying goes :)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    You forgot the Wiki initiative btw. If it was her idea. Either way, it's one of the best ideas imo.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy is the best Community Manager ever & players love her. For a good reason too. Good-humored and witty, it's what we all need around these parts! :D

Also, I'm biased, because she's also part of Fellowship of Coffee.
    "I'll lend you my axe... coffee-mug."
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited January 2016

LONG LIVE TRENDY!!!

Such an extensive summary. Is it not easier and more accurate to use this summary: Trendy Bacon goddess.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    lets hope trendy can do one for the romulans, a design your ship, a pure science ship the romulans desperately need.

See news item r.e the 6th Anniversary ship.

key word i saw in that is "Krenim" which isnt Romulan, obviously.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm very impressed as well. I see real interest and excitement that Trendy brings to the job. There is no going through the motions here. She is going well above and beyond that.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Yup. I have to agree, she's done good, all things considered.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I support this thread. All hail Trendy!
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    trendy is almost on the level besides Brandon in overall community work for STO. thats a good thing.

thats about as good a compliment as i am about to give. (not known to give compliments away, but in this case it seems appropriate).
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!!!

Trendy kept her promise to get more science ships and then some! Everyone is getting a free T6 science ship for ALL factions!

Hopefully faction specific will also be coming for those who want them but I am totally thrilled with this!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    <bows down, arms extended, nose to the floor>

https://youtu.be/XEFc-k9hjg4

<3<3<3<3

Ok, nuff of that... who wants a leg?

>:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    e683e2c6ff5b0981e1c1599dbcd3cddd1453402775.gif

Banned. All of you. Banned.
  • Options
    But why? Lol
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    But why? Lol
    No actual bans.

In all honesty, this was a cool thread to see when I came in this morning. I had food poisoning before I came into work, so this cheered me up.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2016

But why? Lol
    No actual bans.

But why? Lol
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User

I'm still posting. WEEEEE. \o/ :*:p:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    Glad to help!
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    :smiley:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Long Live Trendy now all we need is to assimilate her into the STO Collective that is make her one with the game (link her mind directly to the game) and then we can finally create the bacon and coffee Tribble LOL :smiley:
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    element300element300 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    What a brown noser! j/k :tongue:
  • Options
    Meh, I'm tired of getting coal for Christmas.
  • Options
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to congratulate people for doing the job they were hired to do? As far as bug fixing, not sure if asking the playerbase to troubleshoot a service which you provide, for which no compensation is given, qualifies as a stroke of brilliance.
    Anyway, didn't somebody say the same things about the raisin bran guy when he left? People were naming there babies after him, and requesting locks of his hair, too.

Brandon did good things for STO back during the days before and after LOR, but he left for another company to be closer to home, he used to spend hours commuting from home to the office. the last i read of him on the forum was that he got married a while back. then smirk took over and i disliked him almost immediately. i was initially suspicious of trendy, but grandually i have learned to respect her direct approach to answering questions if i have any.
  • Options
    Yes it is, it's called positive reinforcement and it's well deserved... something you seem to have lacked in your childhood I might add.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Trendy for president 2016 XD
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    acheronbladeacheronblade Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'm usually on these forums for a bit most days. I don't post much (I'm somewhat quiet in real life too), but I will gladly raise up the old post count in praise of LaughingTrendy. At times she seems to be everywhere at once, getting things done, responding quickly to problems, voicing the players concerns, and generally just being funny and pleasant in the face of some pretty obnoxious troll types. which she smashes with the [+ 10 leek of smiting] if they go too far.
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to congratulate people for doing the job they were hired to do? As far as bug fixing, not sure if asking the playerbase to troubleshoot a service which you provide, for which no compensation is given, qualifies as a stroke of brilliance.
    Anyway, didn't somebody say the same things about the raisin bran guy when he left? People were naming there babies after him, and requesting locks of his hair, too.

It doesn't matter if its your Job or not, if you go out of your way to be good at it, you deserve some recognition at the very least.

PRWDS5g.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    I love Trendy, she is fun, great, and a nerd!, the perfect combination!, also, coffe and bacon, nuf said.

Thanks for been here!
This discussion has been closed.