What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leonard Nimoy One Year Anniversary Tribute on Vulcan

13»

Comments

• sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    sisteric wrote: »
    Disco Balls: Yes it's an individual taste which is why I am saying that you should be considerate of others.

Why not just put your cards on the table? What you are suggesting is that people should not use disco balls because they bother you.

You're asking others to be considerate of you by leaving you alone, but you don't appear to want to be considerate of others who want to use festive horns or disco balls by allowing them to use them in your presence.
    Disco Balls do affect me personally

No, they affect your avatar.
    It makes my Avatar dance when I rather it be doing something else, thus taking control away from me.

Buy a nullifier.
    And makes me consider the person who activated the ting as being an unlikable person that I really have no need to interact with because of their total disrespect of their fellow players and their utter devotion to self pleasure that I find quite distasteful.

That's your own personal hangup. If you're unwilling to put up with other people, I would question why you bother playing MMOs then?
    Just because YOU don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean others won't. And by ignoring others, you are being disrespectful to others and to the ideals of IDIC, which Spock tried to promote.

It's not disrespectful to let others behave as they will.

My cards are that I don't really care if any one person or group are using disco balls are not. I am just asking that people be considerate of others is all when using said devices.

And they do affect me, because I have to see those stupid things going off. And I have to content with what it does to my ability to accomplish things.

And it's your own personal hangup that you have to force everyone to "party" like you do.

And it's not disrespectful to let others behave as they wish, as you said. SO won't you let them behave as they wish? Why must you force your brand of behavior on them?

But I get that you are unwilling to be considerate of others in the game. Which is why I will not be attending these types of things, because I don't like that type of behavior.

And I am done with this part of the conversation.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    The thread derailing into another discoball mess. How about we end this verbal ping-pong here; as performed by some & focus on the celebration instead? I'd prefer to not have to lock the thread, folks. Last warning.

My focus on the celebration was to have a quiet moment. Their focus is to disrupt my celebration. We can't reach a resolution if we don't talk about it.

Now I have talked about and they refuse to be considerate. SO unless you have some way of making them be more considerate, let it be known that this behavior is ruining the fun for some others, and as far as I am concerned, looks poorly upon this game because of it.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    A few years ago I had a friend who passed.
    We decided to have a huge party in his honour at our local watering hole, it was a great evening.
    This was of course after and away from the funeral event itself.
    Now were we to charge into the memorial with a boom box, portable disco and kegs of beer, whilst screaming to everyone to boogy down during the funeral/memorial itself I'm sure that would not have gone down well.
    Now that's a RL comparison and not a game situation of course, but I think the old "time and place" principles hold well in this game situation as it does in RL memorials.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I think we all have to acknowledge that none of us as players, have any control over how things operate in the game.
    Only the Folks who run the game do.
    Therefore, at this point any further discussion either way, amounts to verbal confetti just being tossed back and forth and accomplishes nothing but raising the ire of the thread.

Perhaps from this point on (after TWO Mod Warnings), we can just stick to acknowledging that a player initiated commemoration for Mr. Nimoy who passed away about a year ago, will be taking place in-game on the anniversary day, in which all are welcome to join and we will or will not be attending.
    (which is what this thread originally set out to do)
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Yes, I was guilty of forgetting the OP myself. *smacks wrist*
    There will be a Delta 1 presence at this gathering as there was previously :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,166 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I think we all have to acknowledge that none of us as players, have any control over how things operate in the game.
    Only the Folks who run the game do.

True...although the party device restrictions were put in place *because* of player feedback. So while we *obviously* have no direct control, we definitely *should* tell them how we feel and hope they listen and act. This of course goes for people on both sides of any given issue.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    Could do even/or maps.. Even for Mardi Gras celebration, Odd for non Mardi Gras celebration. Or just head to New Romulus instead for their memorial. Not trying to start or stop anything only trying to help all the players get a consensus for everyone to be happy in this situation. Good Day.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
    edited January 2016
    It's not for nothing that so many in the community call Subspace Party Amplifiers "Memorial Spheres."

Actually, I don't recall seeing that term since the last time you used it. Of course, I may have just missed it. But if "so many" are doing it, it should be all over the place, right?

PS: here is a quick forum search for the term:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/search?Search=memorial+spheres

I see several of your posts, and other people replying to your posts.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited January 2016
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    It's not for nothing that so many in the community call Subspace Party Amplifiers "Memorial Spheres."

Actually, I don't recall seeing that term since the last time you used it. Of course, I may have just missed it. But if "so many" are doing it, it should be all over the place, right?

PS: here is a quick forum search for the term:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/search?Search=memorial+spheres

I see several of your posts, and other people replying to your posts.

I see the mod advice has been ignored, and you are adamant about keeping this disco derail rolling. At any rate, I plan on being there as well!

Whoops, you accidentally missed your buddy's post:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12833216/#Comment_12833216

You better crack down on him for talking about something he shouldn't be talking about.

Anyway, I agree with jodark that people should stop talking about the balls. After all, the point is moot. The restrictions are already in place.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Some people just can't play nice. Sorry folks, but that's just enough.
    /Closed.

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.