What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suspicions

13»

Comments

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    While like the idea of Noye's obsession with the lost memory of his wife potentially being a hook here. It has the potential to be a human story and that is the heart of good Trek. It worked for Tolian Soran even if Generations wasn't a favorite. I don't like Noye though. His sour disposition conveyed through past interactions make it clear to me I do not care about him, his motivations, his happiness; Anything about him. If in the the last arc we had longer exposure to the character it might have made things different. His wife prying him off my character and delivering more excuses than an apology is insufficient. In spite of exhibiting severe paranoia and hostility toward his coworkers they allow him to continue his work without oversight. They are playing with time and the ramifications were made clear in previous installments.

Is Noye a red herring? He isn't a particularly imposing villain since our captains just defeated the Iconians. I can't see him holding the torch with any aptitude so he strikes me as a pawn or cat's paw. We seem to be running low on over the top villains so what if it were the Sphere builders? Has anyone ever seen a Sphere Builder? There was a neat foundry mission called' "The Fire in Which We Burn" that addressed that. I played the first part now I'm going to have to check out the remainder. I think the Sphere Builder appeared as a mysterious woman.

I'm don't mind time as a plot device in moderation. Whether it is well written or not it is one of the laziest plot device imaginable. It goes nowhere. Temporal resolutions return to the status quo. "Making things right" is making them as they were. The world doesn't move forward. It stands still. Doing this twice in a row in arcs that last for half a year at a time means nothing significant occurs within the world for a year. Stagnation is the result. Events in a world change it for good or better. Wars lay waste to landscapes, cities, planets. Relations between powers in the region are affected; Enemies and alliances are made. It doesn't matter how where the epic battle took place if nobody remembers it happened at all.

battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Dont underestimate the power of greed, love and selffishness. Noye knows the mechanics of time travel all too well, he only needs a ship and some delusional crew members and hes off on a journey that would cause nothing but trouble. He could be the key to the spherebuilders and possibly how they behave in the timestream. the information he may have gathered could of been the first step in these people understanding what goes on in the galaxy.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It's funny all of the suspicions running around about Suspicions! :smiley:

Or is it kinda ironic, don't ya think?! :wink:
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    if the history is changed, could we have again real badass klingons, not allied with the federation; that would be more interesting in game.

Yeah, like Klingons are inconceivably able to be 'real badass' when allied with the Federales....

*sigh* If they can't be that way while allied with the Federation while being so while allied with the often traitorous Romulans, then they couldn't have been 'badass' in the first place. Imho.
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Speaking of Noye's wife, did we ever learn in that episode how she somehow could survive in normal space and the rest of her race couldn't? (Hence the spheres)
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Speaking of Noye's wife, did we ever learn in that episode how she somehow could survive in normal space and the rest of her race couldn't? (Hence the spheres)
    It seems as if Cryptic is going with the idea that, like the Solanae, the Tuterians somehow changed themselves and lost the ability to live in normal space.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    It seems as if Cryptic is going with the idea that, like the Solanae, the Tuterians somehow changed themselves and lost the ability to live in normal space.

I have to agree with that. I believe that a small group of them actually managed to adapt the Solanae tech, but they somehow caused an accident which probably "mutated" them in some way and caused them to become the Sphere Builders.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tuterian
    With the exception of their ears, the appearance of the Tuterians is virtually identical to the Sphere Builders.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2016

The Tuterians (until Butterfly) were able to live in normal space just like us. The way things stand right now, they failed to "replicate the work of the Solanae to protect themselves from the Borg" (and I think I almost perfectly quoted Noye there O.o).

So in our current timeline, the Tuterians have been completely(?) assimilated, and Clauda is probably a drone on a cube somewhere.

The reason why they become unable to exist in our reality is yet to be explained (heck, we've yet to see the change in the timeline that would bring them back and give them a chance to make that mistake ^^), but they may have gone through a similar incident the Solanae did.

>>>

Now that I think about it -- I wonder if the objects the Sphere Builders built in the Delphic Expanse are similar (if not almost identical [in function at least]) to the station the Solanae built to create a beachhead in Delta Flight!!

If that is the case, then through Daniels and Archer's little trip to the Enterprise-J, we've seen first-hand what our space would have looked like if the Solanae in the Delta Flight episode had succeeded!!

Revelation! O.O

Geebus my head is spinning now! ^^

Upcoming PVE queues to stop more Tuterian/Sphere Builder space-conversion spheres maybe?
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Dammit Noye...​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Has anyone
    more bizarre aspects of Star Trek like fluidic space, mirror universe, and so on make it stand out

Kind of makes you wonder what the Mirror Fluidics are like, doesn't it? Imagine "flower power" Undine hippies ...

I would Pay to see that. But has anyone thought that Noye might be under orders? You know as a freshly minted Temporal Agent? I am sure Daniels or Kal Dano or someone has approached him.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Has anyone
    more bizarre aspects of Star Trek like fluidic space, mirror universe, and so on make it stand out

Kind of makes you wonder what the Mirror Fluidics are like, doesn't it? Imagine "flower power" Undine hippies ...

I would Pay to see that. But has anyone thought that Noye might be under orders? You know as a freshly minted Temporal Agent? I am sure Daniels or Kal Dano or someone has approached him.

May be a possibility
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User

He's TRIBBLE the temporally shielded data core and found out about his wife from the prior timeline. Guess what he is going back to save her?
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    tarran61 wrote: »
    He's TRIBBLE the temporally shielded data core and found out about his wife from the prior timeline. Guess what he is going back to save her?
    I don't think it's quite that simple. :p She didn't exist (as his wife) in this timeline at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    I don't think it's quite that simple. :p She didn't exist (as his wife) in this timeline at all.

Yeah, but once he learns that in some timeline there was someone enough out of their mind to fall in love with him...​​
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I can still see it happening. Her letter to him, the love he feels, most likely a feeling he has felt ever or in a long time.

Either way I do hope its as good as Dust to Dust, its still my favorite mission to date. I very much enjoy it and rerun it from time to time. The beams aren't bad either :-) from the reward.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    guljarol wrote: »

Yeah, but once he learns that in some timeline there was someone enough out of their mind to fall in love with him...​​
    I could definitely see him try to find her... but... I kinda don't think it's possible.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    All I ask of Noye is when he changes the time-line for his reasons, that he also saves Pontiac from the chopping block of GM's restructuring.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    raventomoe wrote: »

1. Who was the mysterious man in Enterprise giving the Suliban Cabal their marching orders?

It's the G-man, "prepare for unexpected consequences..."
  • Options
    xanime0xxanime0x Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    one question i have are you going to put Q and the rest of the Q in sto? because as i see it you made a joke of the charactor Q by making him some holiday icon just with it is not what the Q were.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Completely uninterested in more temporal nonsense. I hope this fad is over soon.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm in a 'wait and see' orbit right now. I hope it's not more time travel, but if it is, I'll wait and see how well-written it is and what exactly they're doing with it.

I disliked Noye the moment I met him and every encounter we had with him did nothing to improve that. So I really hope he isn't the 'big bad'. Maybe he's a pawn of someone else, as has been speculated by several others. Maybe he found out about the wife and wants to find her, it's hard to say at this point. Suspicions was quite ambivalent about what exactly was going on. But Traala was being a bit too trusting of someone the security guy was nervous about. That doesn't bode well.

We'll see. I won't get up in arms about it either way.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I can totally see this story as fodder for a clever parody of Elvis Presley's Suspicious Minds. :p
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    One of my favorite songs of all time :p
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Okay, I was waiting for some one to say it first but it hasn't happened:

<Our character confronts Noye to stop him from tampering with the timeline>

Us: Noye! Don't do this, no one knows what side effects of this change will come about!

Noye: You foolish "Voyager"! I don't care what the side effects are! Theres a timeline where a woman not only would talk to me but would marry me, and not hav money involved!!! I'm doin' it!!!

Us: You know, you might just have a point there.... I've got nothing for that one...