test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Ship

Comments

• admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Temporal Dreadnought (you know, the ones from Counterpoint)
    Temporal Dreadnought. I know it'll probably be a top prize from a Terran Lock Box or something, but the Temporal Dreadnought is more realistic than you'd think, given the temporal cold war story going on. Also, since the Temporal Dreadnought would be able to use the Temporal Science Vessel and Temporal Destroyer consoles, people would have more incentive to open Temporal Lock Boxes (remember how a new lock box is proceeded by a re-run of existing lock boxes), and thereby causing more master key sales. B)
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Other...
    rattler2 wrote: »
    A T6 Sovy would be C-Store. Besides, the last few Anniversary ships have been cross-faction. The only technical exception being the Dyson Destroyers having faction specific models.

Yes, but this time it is not only STO's anniversary, but also 50th anniversary of Star Trek so they might give us faction specific ships because of that.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Other...
    rattler2 wrote: »
    A T6 Sovy would be C-Store. Besides, the last few Anniversary ships have been cross-faction. The only technical exception being the Dyson Destroyers having faction specific models.

Yes, but this time it is not only STO's anniversary, but also 50th anniversary of Star Trek so they might give us faction specific ships because of that.

That's bordering wishful thinking. IF the development team decides on faction specific ships then it will most likely be a variation of an existing ship. Militaristic Enterprise D, Science D'Deridex or science Negh'Var.

My money, so to speak, is still on a vessel to fit in with the temporal cold war storyline which has begun.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    a Delorean.. with a Mr Fusion on the back.... no, wait, a blue british police box.... no....
    Seriously, I would like to see a T6 Connie and D7 like everyone else, but a the Oddy makes sense, along with the Bort, and then they make a third model for the Republic. (easiest) a T-6 Nebula, and two new models one KDF and one Republic both true science
    Spock.jpg

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    T6 Odyssey/Bortasqu/Scimitar
    @vetteguy904 A T6 Nebula is what I am waiting for the most at the moment, but I don't see it becoming an anniversary ship. It'll be probably a regular store release, like a T6 Sovereign.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited January 2016
    Other...
    reyan01 wrote: »
    50th Anniversaries are usually associated with gold (i.e Golden Wedding anniversary). I therefore think that a Gold Constitution class would be appropriate.

A bit like this: media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/964/10500236_2.jpg?v=8CE714124B67990

;)

Personally i find the TOS style hideous, but to each their own.

@reyan01 who are you. You cannot be reyan01 without a Nova Rhodes Island as avatar

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Other...
    Whyn't do The Warship Voyager from Season 4 EPS 23. Here the best link I have found for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfSvBGtYYI
    edited January 2016
    Other...
    questerius wrote: »
    50th Anniversaries are usually associated with gold (i.e Golden Wedding anniversary). I therefore think that a Gold Constitution class would be appropriate.

A bit like this: media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/964/10500236_2.jpg?v=8CE714124B67990

;)

Personally i find the TOS style hideous, but to each their own.

@reyan01 who are you. You cannot be reyan01 without a Nova Rhodes Island as avatar

Don't seem to be able to get that avatar to work anymore.

@reyan01
    The link mentioned below worked for me.
    The forum avatar system will be undergoing an update Thursday to streamline forum avatars! Currently forum users can have an avatar in Arc and a second avatar on the game forums. This update will upgrade the forums so that they automatically use your Arc avatar when you post.

When the update goes into effect all forum avatars will be temporarily replaced with default game avatars. Once you log into Arc (at the top of the page) and visit the forum, your default forum avatar will be automatically overwritten by your Arc avatar.

If you have a special avatar for the forums, please make a copy of it now and use it to update your Arc account avatar. After the update the current forum avatars will no longer be accessible!

You can change your Arc avatar here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/account

This change will go into effect Wednesday, December 9, 2015 @11 AM PST

~LaughingTrendy

GIFS. GIFS EVERYWHERE.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    Temporal Dreadnought (you know, the ones from Counterpoint)
    Either the Temporal Dreadnought or the T6 Odyssey.
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    1st option, won't happen but at least one can dream :smile:. If they do make them they're gonna end up in the store. That little time ship would be more appropriate as a shuttle, something for the next lockbox maybe. Not a fan of the constitution nor d7 nor t'liss and don't we already have at least 1 or 2 of those ships at higher tiers? think malem is supposed to be t6 t'liss. As for Iadion, we already got the Vonph so no need for yet another iconian dread. Temporal dread is probably going to end up in the next lockbox as for others, I wouldn't mind a Kazon carrier with kazon raiders as pets, tholian tarantula dread and a cardassian keldon :smiley: ) But yeah, its probably end up being some non faction ship related to the current story arc. I just hope the console won't be part of some set that its either costly to get like command ships or no longer obtainable like breen ships.
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Other...
    Whyn't do The Warship Voyager from Season 4 EPS 23. Here the best link I have found for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfSvBGtYYI

I have yesterday thought why there is no warship Voyager already in STO? They should definitely make one, I agree that much, but first I would like to see T6 Sovereign.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    Other...

I have yesterday thought why there is no warship Voyager already in STO? They should definitely make one, I agree that much, but first I would like to see T6 Sovereign.

There is the tiny issue that the ship never existed except in a Kyrian reconstruction, but that shouldn't be a problem for Q.
    For good measure the developers can throw in battle cloak and unique reclaimable warpcore and singularity core with AMP.

Maybe biogenic phaser beam arrays which can also be reclaimed and are delivered in mk XIV epic quality.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    1st option, won't happen but at least one can dream :smile:.
    I'm thinking of the old Prototype Oddy. They sold a 3-pack that was better in some way, but they still had the freebie. They did it again with the DSDs and they could do it again with a T6 Oddy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Iadion Dreadnought
    I would take the largest ship in the game.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
    Other...
    khan1000 wrote: »

That's the Voth dreadnought if i am not mistaken.

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

;)

I've actually got two of these still in the boxes...

81BxSTgNL9L._SL1500_.jpg

and one of these...

Gold_Ship.jpg

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Other...
    I'm going to say we'll get either a Na'Kuhl or Tholian science vessel, to play off the current storyline like the Kobali Samsar did the Delta War, probably with the same 'arrangment' of having a special console that forms a set with an upcoming C-Store 3-pack (9-pack, whatever).

As for what I want... I can't really say I'm picky. Except for the Breen ships, I don't really grind much for event (Anniversary and Summer Event) ships... well, didn't before they added the Account Reclaim tab to Event Rep, so that might change...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    T6 Constitution/D7/T'liss (Its Star Trek's 50th Anniversary)
    questerius wrote: »
    khan1000 wrote: »

That's the Voth dreadnought if i am not mistaken.

It is. That thing is so huge that it makes the Vonph and Scimitar look like a Defiant.
    XzRTofz.gif
    Other...
    I expect the anniversary ship to be tied in with the temporal cold war storyline, but which vessel will emerge is anybody's guess at this time.

I wonder if the developers will do something novel for the give away ship like integrated attack pattern alpha, EPS Power transfer and SNB.
  • sfofficer123sfofficer123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Of the examples given the T6 flagships are the most likely.
    Kal Dano's Timeship - More likely to be a shuttle than a starship to me.
    T6 Constitution/D7/T'liss (Its Star Trek's 50th Anniversary) - Endgame Connie not happening.
    Iadion Dreadnought & Temporal Dreadnought - More than likely to end up in R&D/Doff promotion packs.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Iaidon Dreadnought? Isn't the Vonph already big enough?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Other...
    Other -
    I would like a T6 Vesta, Nebula, or Nova class.
    And a nice sciencey equivalent for the Roms and KDF .

Please :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

I'm going to say we'll get either a Na'Kuhl or Tholian science vessel, to play off the current storyline like the Kobali Samsar did the Delta War, probably with the same 'arrangment' of having a special console that forms a set with an upcoming C-Store 3-pack (9-pack, whatever).

As for what I want... I can't really say I'm picky. Except for the Breen ships, I don't really grind much for event (Anniversary and Summer Event) ships... well, didn't before they added the Account Reclaim tab to Event Rep, so that might change...
    Or maybe something designed by our new friends?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    That's a possibility--the Lukari are building a new prototype starship with the knowledge gained from their new relations with us--basically their civilization's counterpart to the NX-01--and we are invited to the testing, similar to how we had the Odyssey shakedown mission that gave us the generic T5 Odyssey.
    Other...

Though if we do get a ship from the 'Unexplored Systemites'... er, the Lukari, it will probably be greeted with complaints of being just a 'copy and paste' of the fact that the last Anni-Ship was also "something designed by our new friends" (the Kobali).
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Other...
    I think it will be a alien ship like last years. Maybe something to do with whatever the race was from the new missions.

Click at your peril.

Temporal Dreadnought

0lHtxFT.jpg
    link

This got added to the foundry. If anyone wants to check it out it's currently labelled as 'Fed Enterprise - Tier 0' (Ship Costume)

It has every hull material used by all three factions... plus the materials used by all six timeships.

RKauxyk.png
    Link

Though I still think the above will end up in one of these promotion boxes.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • gabeoz1gabeoz1 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Though I would love it to be a t6 ody/sovy with other faction specific ships, I am expecting a tholian ship or Kel Dano's ship.
    Though if we do get a ship from the 'Unexplored Systemites'... er, the Lukari, it will probably be greeted with complaints of being just a 'copy and paste' of the fact that the last Anni-Ship was also "something designed by our new friends" (the Kobali).
    Well they always seem to have a story for Anniversary ships. The current story arc involves the Lukari.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Other...
    Well they always seem to have a story for Anniversary ships. The current story arc involves the Lukari.

I don't know if I'd say it involves the Lukari more or the Tholians and/or the Na'Kuhl more is the thing in regards to that. Maybe the Anni-Ship will be some kind of specialist ship from the future designed to combat the Tholians and the technology they've stolen from across time and realities, who knows...
  • kapla5571kapla5571 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Other...

thay8472 wrote: »
    I think it will be a alien ship like last years. Maybe something to do with whatever the race was from the new missions.

Interesting concept, could be a STO anniversary mission reward ship but if not definately a special box ship :)

Since no one has mentioned it for another anniversary ship I would vote for an updated version of the Miranda, its a classic design I favor over the TOS Connie personally. My KDF and Romulans would enjoy a nice science and/or universal commander slot ship, but I don't personally have a preference for the romulan exterior design. My kdf version would bring up thoughts of warrior utility - an original styling for a early design heavy bird of prey perhaps. :)

I don't think we know yet, but i don't see a reason why there couldn't be two seperate anniversary events 1 in feb and 1 in sept, especially if a september event was run along the lines of celebrate ST, run the special event meet the former greatest starship commanders at the captains table [for example] and ship is the mission reward.