test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extra Uniform Parts - Dress Uniforms

2»

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Given we have non-canon ships & non-canon uniforms, it's kinda moot to whip the 'canon' argument in a way some people tend to do it, as if anyone who goes suggesting that canon can be bent was some kind of monster. To me, personally, canon is a guideline, not something which cannot be crossed or bent, especially in game like STO, which is based on Trek-era not covered by any official source. Just a food for thought, tho.

Yes, given that we can also ask for ponies and magic wand (oh, we already have the latter pig-2.gif). Nobody says that's impossible, it just comes from the same direction battleaxes or kitty ears come from - no canonical basis and just "because it'd be cool" or "I want to recreate my own personal clothes in the game".

All of that is fine, though.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I say just make the ENT caps and jackets avaliable, as well as the M.A.C.O. jumpsuit (wasn't there a M.A.C.O. beret, too?), and the cap from "The Cage". The Romulan headgear should be accessible to all who purchased it, and I imagine the Klingons would have some head armor (other than the full helmet) in the KHG style. As well, as these, Pilot uniforms may eventually come about (the Voyager racing uniforms could be something to base that off of), so partial helmets in that regard, is a possibility.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    I don't remember the MACOs wearing a beret.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • stalwartodst#2886 stalwartodst Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Yet they still have the Red-Matter console.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Yes. STO can use any AR material that has also appeared in the Countdown comic. Nero's tattoos, the Nerada, the Vault, the Sierra 1 uniforms, Red Matter, the Jellyfish.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    It was said by producers that the only reason the Romulan helmets existed is because they were less expensive than the 'Vulcan' ears that were being used on Romulans in that episode. There are numerous examples of on screen canon that have no in universe lore, only production lore, i.e. Too expensive to reshoot the scene. That cap on Pike's table may have simply been a mistake.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »

Yes. STO can use any AR material that has also appeared in the Countdown comic. Nero's tattoos, the Nerada, the Vault, the Sierra 1 uniforms, Red Matter, the Jellyfish.​​

The closest we will get to the Narada are the two Tal Shiar Adapted ships. The Narada herself and the Jellyfish are probably untouchable due to licensing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    It was said by producers that the only reason the Romulan helmets existed is because they were less expensive than the 'Vulcan' ears that were being used on Romulans in that episode. There are numerous examples of on screen canon that have no in universe lore, only production lore, i.e. Too expensive to reshoot the scene. That cap on Pike's table may have simply been a mistake.

Or just a piece of personal memorabilia, like Sisko's baseball. We don't know, we just know for a fact that nobody ever wore this in the series. The AR uniforms with the caps strike me as caricatures of a uniform anyway,what is up with that, and why do they try really hard to copy fascist uniforms for Starfleet in the AR? Mysteries.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

Yes. STO can use any AR material that has also appeared in the Countdown comic. Nero's tattoos, the Nerada, the Vault, the Sierra 1 uniforms, Red Matter, the Jellyfish.

The closest we will get to the Narada are the two Tal Shiar Adapted ships. The Narada herself and the Jellyfish are probably untouchable due to licensing.

The pre-assimilated Narada and the Jellyfish were stated by some Dev or other to be an option, they just needed the 'right' reason to introduce them. But everything in that comic is available to be used as it is all jointly shared between CBS and Paramount.
    However prime reality Paramount exclusive things cannot be used such as the Kelvin.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Huh... well... I guess the Romulan Mining Ship could be the next Tuffli or Cell Ship, and have a few more Dilithium gathering options. The Jellyfish... small craft.
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I went searching for Starfleet hats and all I really found was a photo of a prison guard from ST:3 and Pike's 'utility cover' from The Cage. And those AR uniforms...maybe they're going to turn into the MU? Also, the real issue with hats may be similar to other issues with skeletons and uniforms that make producing some items difficult. Imagine trying to make sure the headgear fit every head...remember the sunglasses problem from the first summer event? Certain races could not wear them.
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Hats for Andorians might be interesting or for Aliens with some serious head attachments :wink:

But aside from clipping issues I don't really see why in todays STO Hats aren't an option (as long as they are reasonable)
    ktyrrell wrote: »
    Hats for Andorians might be interesting or for Aliens with some serious head attachments :wink:

But aside from clipping issues I don't really see why in todays STO Hats aren't an option (as long as they are reasonable)

Some kinds of hats exist. There are the winter beanies and I assume (I don't know it, though) that Andorian antennaes simply disappear when choosing the hat option. I suppose aliengen "horns" etc. also just disappear and are replaced with the hat.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Some kinds of hats exist. There are the winter beanies and I assume (I don't know it, though) that Andorian antennaes simply disappear when choosing the hat option. I suppose aliengen "horns" etc. also just disappear and are replaced with the hat.​​
    now that you say it, those poor Aliens get cut off of some of their racial features...poor things.
    I wonder why there wasn't a outcry of players whos characters have been altered for a beanie...

I went searching for Starfleet hats and all I really found was a photo of a prison guard from ST:3 and Pike's 'utility cover' from The Cage. And those AR uniforms...maybe they're going to turn into the MU? Also, the real issue with hats may be similar to other issues with skeletons and uniforms that make producing some items difficult. Imagine trying to make sure the headgear fit every head...remember the sunglasses problem from the first summer event? Certain races could not wear them.

latest?cb=20130403023328&path-prefix=en

There were ship specific hats in the 22nd Century as well.
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    rattler2 wrote: »

latest?cb=20130403023328&path-prefix=en

There were ship specific hats in the 22nd Century as well.

Oh, we definitely need these caps in there. But Pike's hat from The Cage is prime universe so adding it as well should be a non-issue (at least legally speaking).
    Its still debatable on the origin's of Pike's hat. It was just background item. Could be personal, could be something else. We don't know. But we DO know for a fact that at least NX class starships had ballcaps as an option.