test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to open some presents!

sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
I'm looking for something to do with a lot of dil/zen and am thinking of opening between 50 and 100 lockboxes. I have some interest in getting kemocite 1 or 2. So, which boxes would you open? Feel free to write in a different lockbox as it only seems to allow 10 voting options. Have fun and Merry Christmas to all!
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Time to open some presents! 49 votes

Herald
16%
jarvisandalfredmeimeitooghostwoldjbmaverickxayssmakocallowaykhan1000jacklewis404 8 votes
Year of Hell
4%
keryganbulldogmacragge 2 votes
Xindi Terrestrial
14%
acolyte5thestargazenandospcltminnsrattler2deaftravis05lianthelia 7 votes
Vaadwuar
6%
szimgroomofweirdjrorschach 3 votes
Delta
0%
Xindi Amphibious
4%
cdrbobmarkhawkman 2 votes
Temporal
24%
berginsjodarkriderdaveynycidjackkayajaylordsteve1jcsteelemewmaster101damainxcommodoreobviouskelpsonofglogczertik321#1621 12 votes
Tal Shiar
26%
ikonn#1068coldnapalmartan42kodachikunojam3s1701gradiijslynhighcasualtyratescrooge69fatman592jadz3mmps1goad136 13 votes
Voth
2%
risian4 1 vote
Elachi
2%
tarran61 1 vote

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    Temporal
    Send some keys to me, I'll... errr... help you dispose of some.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Temporal
    IMO, the Temporal box has the best options.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Tal Shiar
    Tal Shiar Boxes for the at least halfway decent chance of getting a few high selling leech consoles.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    Temporal
    Temporal, because just the temporal ships alone are not only good but can be used on any character.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Temporal
    Temporal, because just the temporal ships alone are not only good but can be used on any character.

This ^.

The temporal ships are good for any character and still highly prized if you chose to sell them.
    SulMatuul.png
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Vaadwuar
    Because I desire a manasa more than I desire beer.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Xindi Amphibious
    *votes for most amusing option*

Also I like the Aquatic ship's looks.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Herald
    If I could open boxes without cost, I'd go with the Herald boxes mostly because I still kind of want a Vonph. As an alternative I'd likely pick the Vaadwaur box for their Polaron emitters since I care more about weapon visuals than functionality these days.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Tal Shiar
    prolly tal shiar... I still want an adapted destroyer... or vaadwaur
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Xindi Terrestrial
    Xindi-T for the Boff Skill Books. Don't rule out Temporal or Tal'Shiar for their extra special goodies.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Temporal
    Temporal had some cool ships.
    Happy holidays OP. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Tal Shiar
    Assimilated ship and the leach, it's a no-brainer. I also expect a Lobi choosers fee to compensate me for having to chose this box for you :D.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Tal Shiar
    dunno bout anyone else but the poll results aint what I expected
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Neither.

I wouldn't recommend any to anyone, not even to use them to build a little fort to hide from a Trendy Rage incident.

Trendy has never raged at us, that was Borticus who went off and called us all ingrates.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    dunno bout anyone else but the poll results aint what I expected

I am very surprised as well to see the temporal doing so well. I guess I expected a duel between Herald and Xindi T.
    I have always wanted a Wells - for me one of the prettiest ships in the game.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Xindi Terrestrial
    What is so special about the temporal box? Ship is T5, while still good...there are other good Sci ship options. You can make a little EC I suppose if you get a bunch of Mirror Ships...only one rare doff out of the doff pack worth getting (It isn't even worth as much anymore since there are many more options to reducing energy weapon cost)

I just don't see what makes the Temporal Box very worth while unless you want a Wells.
    Xindi Terrestrial
    That you can get over 500 million for it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Xindi Terrestrial
    ltminns wrote: »
    That you can get over 500 million for it.

Had no idea the price hand gone up so high, still...the only thing of real value is the ship...you're basically playing to win the lottery if all you want is the ship.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Voth
    Voth, there's lot of valuable stuff in these.
    Xindi Terrestrial
    After the cap was raised to 750 million they went to that but have soon settled back a bit.

From my experience with the Boff Skills you got yourself a Lottery as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Xindi Terrestrial
    Well if we can find a Lockbox that has a Dark Matter Projector in it, that's the one for Sheldon.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited December 2015
    Xindi Terrestrial
    After the cap was raised to 750 million they went to that but have soon settled back a bit.

From my experience with the Boff Skills you got yourself a Lottery as well.

True, yes...but at least I can say I've gotten 2 leeches and a boff skill box which actually did give me a kemo I...which I ended up giving to my friend which was back when the the box launched. (Still kicking myself a little because of how valuable they are)

I've made enough Lobi to earn at least two lobi ships in my lock box opening lifetime...but I've only ever seen 1 lock box ship ever drop.

I personally don't go for the grand prize when I open up a box.
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Herald
    Well if we can find a Lockbox that has a Dark Matter Projector in it, that's the one for Sheldon.

The Heralds dark matter as weapons.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Tal Shiar
    Must... Have... Moar... Leeches!!!

And another TSABC wouldn't hurt either.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix