test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fast and Flurrious

sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
The transporting to the finish line bug of 2 years ago is back. People are grabbing the first place flag instantly again.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    This exploit of taking first place flag without racing is becoming much more prevalent. I guess the cat is out of the bag with it. Any chance it might be fixed before the end of the event?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    This exploit of taking first place flag without racing is becoming much more prevalent. I guess the cat is out of the bag with it. Any chance it might be fixed before the end of the event?

That's because some bright-spark thought it was a good idea to spam the instructions everywhere.

This one has been reported, but thanks for saying :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    captainchompcaptainchomp Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Caught two players doing this tonight, twice each actually. Might be the same person on two different accounts...same fleet, different times...and they're pretty prolific on the forums which is a bit ironic...
    Post edited by captainchomp on
  • Options
    theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    They're on vacation with their families, so nothing's currently being done about it, it's probably not going to get patched since Winter's Wonderland is nearing it's end this year anyway, but will be done for the next year (and another fix of something else in the Wonderland in the future is probably going to break it again).

As for that bright-spark, it's on youtube, so pretty much anyone looking for it specifically will be able to find it rather easily.

Luckily I got just enough tags and stopped doing the race instead of having to bother with the bug abusers... but don't think everyone was as lucky as I was.
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • Options
    lvbassistlvbassist Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    No need to run at all - 5 tags for 200 gold pressed latinum at the GPL converter.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I am personally confirming that it is happening. But the problem not is that a bug has returned. The problem is that the bug never went away. People are using an already-known bug.

But in any case, I have been hiding near the finish line, and reporting any thefts that I witness. The trick is to be fast enough to catch the @handles.
    Caught two players doing this tonight, twice each actually. Might be the same person on two different accounts...same fleet, different times...and they're pretty prolific on the forums which is a bit ironic...
    This, too, is confirmed. I happened to see both, and indeed, they do both use exactly the same techniques. So, the only logical explanation is that it is the same person, with multiple accounts. Thank you for alerting me to that, Chomp. Good job.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    One of exploiters has 100+ toons among a dozen accounts (maybe goldseller).
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    As for that bright-spark, it's on youtube, so pretty much anyone looking for it specifically will be able to find it rather easily.

That's what I was referring to, and to be honest I kinda feel like people who publicise these things should face the same punishment as the people who are doing it in the first place. Bugs like this can be raised with the Devs and/or the Bug Hunters without making a big deal of it.

But @theillusivenman is right, its an awkward time of year for getting things like this stomped out the game due to holidays and what not. All I can say is that we may be able to get this sorted before the event ends but it may be it'll have to be fixed for next year.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Chomp noticed something that may be a factor here. At any given time, you can see in the Search tab that several people still have the Fast and Flurrious mission.

Pursuing this, I saw that just before the race started, the everyone who still had the Fast and Flurrious mission simultaneously logged off.

I am wondering if this is a way to spot who is stealing the flags. It is just a theory for now, but it is an interesting development.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I made 3 videos with 3 various people where you can see how they steal the 1st place flags using the 'beam out/in' exploit. Will upload them later on the youtube. I hope that these people will be banned.