test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see winter skirts,pants and boots introduced in the future winter shop?

2»

Comments

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Yes
    Hell yeah! I'd waste sooooo much in-game currency getting them all!
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    No
    1: You can already match the colours yourself.

2: You already have trousers that can be made to look like Arctic gear, such as Jupiter or Korath.

3: Skirts in the middle of winter? No. Only an idiot would wear a dress in such weather. The one and only exception to this is how your 8-year-old daughter wears a skirt over her jeans. The jeans really defeat the purpose of wearing a skirt in the first place, but she is 8, so go for it.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes. Completely down for more customization.

And more hats would be great too:
    latest?cb=20130706015121
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    Yes
    lindaleff wrote: »
    (...)
    3: Skirts in the middle of winter? No. Only an idiot would wear a dress in such weather. The one and only exception to this is how your 8-year-old daughter wears a skirt over her jeans. The jeans really defeat the purpose of wearing a skirt in the first place, but she is 8, so go for it.

O just assume none of you wears skirts, but you still could know that wearing skirts in winter and snow is perfectly acceptable. Of course no minis over bare legs, but the statement "only an idiot would wear skirts in winter" is just wrong and offensive. pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »
    Yes to pants and boots. But a skirt and freezing wind? Yikes. My toons like their anti-frostbite gear, thank you. O_O

You don't seem to have a lot experience with skirts pig-3.gif Comfy wooly pantyhose, leggings or even thigh high woolen stockings and heavy woolen skirts go very well in a nice little snow flurry and are trés chic and super sweet pig-29.gif​​

I can't say I own any skirts. :p It's definitely hard to imagine how pantyhose could ever offer enough warmth for the wearer to not immediately freeze the instant the wind so much as looked at them the wrong way. O_O

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Yes
    I can't say I own any skirts. :p It's definitely hard to imagine how pantyhose could ever offer enough warmth for the wearer to not immediately freeze the instant the wind so much as looked at them the wrong way. O_O

"pantyhose" is just a type of clothing which comes is countless variants. You have 10den "invisible" ones and you get thermoware grade thick ones, you get cozy ones and you get fishnets... pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No
    Or you could wear trousers. Suitable for any weather conditions at all and don't require any additional clothing to go with them to function correctly.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Yes
    artan42 wrote: »
    Or you could wear trousers. Suitable for any weather conditions at all and don't require any additional clothing to go with them to function correctly.

Yeah, because trousers and skirts are completely interchangeable pig-30.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    You ever see an almost naked Orion in WW....It looks absolutely ridiculous.
    Put some clothes on sheesh.

Meanwhile, I'm all bundled up in a long trench coat style winter jacket, scarf, gloves and winter boots.

There should be a mechanic like there is when you need an EV suit, where if you're not wearing one, you cough, and die.
    Same should happen if you show up to Q's WW wearing a skimpy outfit. :grimace:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    Even if you don't die, maybe a speed reduction making it impossible for you to win the race (even against the NPC) or get across the map to events in a timely fashion for best rewards? LOL! ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Even if you don't die, maybe a speed reduction making it impossible for you to win the race (even against the NPC) or get across the map to events in a timely fashion for best rewards? LOL! ;)

Yeah maybe dying is a bit harsh....but perhaps you freeze quicker (from snowballs) if you're not in some kind of winter gear.
    :open_mouth:

Speed reduction also makes good sense, ever try to close your hand when its freezing cold ? You can barely move your extremities.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    Yeah, exactly. Plus I have actually had hypothermia once coming out of outpatient surgery...not severely so, but I can tell you that during the recovery from it the shivering was so uncontrollable that I pretty much couldn't have done anything.

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Yes
    See if it were Andoria I'd agree with the points about skirts but it's Q's WW, there's no reason why Q clothing can't have a warming property so I see no reason why we can't have Q's warming skirts.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    No
    No. I would rather see the people who work on this stuff spend more time on adding other costume options. There is a nice selection in the Wonderland's vendor store already. And the jackets, scarves, and knitted hat goes nicely with the off-duty/non-standard uniform stuff we have available.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No

Yeah, because trousers and skirts are completely interchangeable pig-30.gif

No they're not. One is available for wearing with anything at all the other is suitable for the Scots and Irish alone.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Yes
    So just don't wear them? You're not forced to buy them, after all.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    Yes
    Space barbie for the Space barbie gods.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Yes

No they're not. One is available for wearing with anything at all the other is suitable for the Scots and Irish alone.​​
    Hey, One doesn't have to be a Scot to appreciate the perfection that is the kilt

sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Yes
    galatt wrote: »

Hey, One doesn't have to be a Scot to appreciate the perfection that is the kilt

Quite right!

Yes, we should have more costume options and a jacket with option to change color.

And I just laugh at the Orions who arrive in their skimpy outfits and move along. If their players like their toons looking ridiculous that's their problem and not mine.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    I'd prefer to see any new skirts, if made, wearable with long jackets.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Yes
    Does this include snowflake pasties for the Orion ladies?
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yes
    *clears throat to sound like StrongBad*
    Yes.
    Very yes!
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Yes
    I'd prefer to see any new skirts, if made, wearable with long jackets.

I don't see why they can't be! o:)
    (Unless there's some sort of clipping error that I don't know about.)
    But if we do get winter skirts at some point, I do recommend that they come with some thick winter stockings (for obvious reasons).
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    Yes
    lindaleff wrote: »
    1: You can already match the colours yourself.

Not if you're a Romulan you can't, and I wouldn't be surprised if KDF had pallet issues as well. Almost nothing I have uses an even remotely close pallet to the winter coats, and the stuff that looks the most like snow gear have the most limited pallets. Plus as a Lib Borg despite years of bug reports most of my Boots have a pallet of about 20 colors, where my full Romulan boffs same boots have the large color pallets.

So, since I'm tired of trying to get the bugs fixed and having non-compatable pallets, I'd rather Cryptic just made sets that color match out of the box.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yes
    Even for Fed, I tried to match pants to the Green with Red jacket. While I could coordinate colors, I couldn't match them.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock