test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to see winter skirts,pants and boots introduced in the future winter shop?

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
Matching colors to the winter jackets

Would you like to see winter skirts,pants and boots introduced in the future winter shop? 100 votes

Yes
92%
ikonn#1068tasilacoldnapalmthemartianberginsduncanidaho11divvydavedabelgravejodarkriderbaddmoonrizinreximuzjarvisandalfredmustrumridcully0angarus1tyriniusssmonkeybone13luxfarrekjwashingtonmeimeitooisthisscience 92 votes
No
8%
oldravenman3025artan42capnkirk4cidjackgerwalk0769lindaleffearwigvr6starshipserenity 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yes
    I'd rather see a version of the coats that offered customizable colors. But at this point, where I'm sure many have multiple versions of the same jacket because you can't choose a cold in the tailor, there would be a great outcry if this ever happened.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    I'd prefer a new hat next year, one that doesn't force my Tellarite's beard off.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Yes
    I don't really care, but for those who are interested in these things, sure, add them.

What I would like to see is all winter clothes being available for both males and females. Not because I am interested in having my male characters run around in cropped jackets, but because this bit of personal freedom and escape from socially determined gender restrictions would fit a Star Trek game.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Yes
    Sure, I'd even welcome a new coat that is not just another recolour of the old one. It is getting a little repetative. How about the cold weather gear Archer and Shran wore on Andoria? Or the ones Kim et al had in Timeless.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    That stuff would be cool, but it would be even cooler if they made the winter clothes have a bit of a resist to the snowmen attacks.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Yes
    Just "why not?" :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yes
    Or at least give more clothing items the expanded color choices, so we could make things match the jackets. (I've got an Orion wearing the pink jacket - was only able to give her an off-red skirt & boots, but was able to give her pink tights that match.)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Yes
    Pants that had the same pattern and colors as the jackets would be nice.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yes
    Yea, why not.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Yeah we need some skirts, scarves and hats.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Yes
    risian4 wrote: »
    I don't really care, but for those who are interested in these things, sure, add them.

What I would like to see is all winter clothes being available for both males and females. Not because I am interested in having my male characters run around in cropped jackets, but because this bit of personal freedom and escape from socially determined gender restrictions would fit a Star Trek game.
    You sir, just won an e-cookie from me, because that's quite cool statement. :p
    Aside of that, related to the OP, more options = always better.

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yes to pants and boots. But a skirt and freezing wind? Yikes. My toons like their anti-frostbite gear, thank you. O_O

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yes
    While I agree, a skirt would seem a bit drafty when it comes to winter gear, we already have cropped jackets, so that logic is already out the window.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    While I agree, a skirt would seem a bit drafty when it comes to winter gear, we already have cropped jackets, so that logic is already out the window.

Too bad the cropped jackets (and skirts if they were to be added) can't be species-locked to the Andorians, who could probably actually wear that without hypothermia or frostbite.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yes
    gulberat wrote: »
    Yes to pants and boots. But a skirt and freezing wind? Yikes. My toons like their anti-frostbite gear, thank you. O_O

You don't seem to have a lot experience with skirts pig-3.gif Comfy wooly pantyhose, leggings or even thigh high woolen stockings and heavy woolen skirts go very well in a nice little snow flurry and are trés chic and super sweet pig-29.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Maybe if it was a longer skirt...all we have access to is basically mini skirts except for the Talaxian costume pack.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Yes
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Maybe if it was a longer skirt...all we have access to is basically mini skirts except for the Talaxian costume pack.

True, I dearly miss knee- and ankle long skirts in the costume selection. These would also be very reasonable unlocks for both genders and not only because of scotsmen pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And a few Romulan things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Yes
    I suspect the lack of long skirts in STO is due to the difficulty in animating them well, or rather having the costume work with the walking animations. But they clearly found a type of skirt with the Talaxians that can work - now they "just" need to add more visual options. Winter, Anniversary, Summer, Expansion Pack, I don't really care what they use to introduce more customization options.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, if not skirts...do culottes or split skirts...boot top length would be fitting for winter. :)
    This year I have seen some characters wearing the minis with the tall, thigh high boots...that looks fitting.
    Would be nice to add some nice tights with patterns that matches the colors in the coats.

I am talking from a woman's perspective though...

And scarfs and the stocking hat on "Off Duty"...I am not sure why that is not there already.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Yes
    angrytarg wrote: »

True, I dearly miss knee- and ankle long skirts in the costume selection. These would also be very reasonable unlocks for both genders and not only because of scotsmen pig-1.gif​​

Hoot awa ye loon! :):)

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    I suspect the lack of long skirts in STO is due to the difficulty in animating them well, or rather having the costume work with the walking animations. But they clearly found a type of skirt with the Talaxians that can work - now they "just" need to add more visual options. Winter, Anniversary, Summer, Expansion Pack, I don't really care what they use to introduce more customization options.

Thought there were a couple of longer skirt / borderline dress options for Rommie Ladies...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yes
    Sure why not.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No
    No. And all existing options should be removed.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yes
    I suspect the lack of long skirts in STO is due to the difficulty in animating them well

my opinion too; already now the skirts and the long coats don't have animations which work well together. Even some clothes created to be mixed, have problems (kobali robes and shirts; talaxian clothes).

but if they add more things "off duty" and all the limitations should be removed, except for the beach stuff.

- kobali uniforms, talaxian clothes etc should be useable in "uniform". Tovan khev can use parts from the omega set, I would like to use these parts for my characters.

oh and more winter hats and scarves + some models must be reworked: intel clothes which have problems and not tilled textures, kobali uniforms -> same things; + new uniforms for the roms (uniforms without problems -animations which don't match the clothes etc)
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Yes
    artan42 wrote: »
    No. And all existing options should be removed.​​

You're right. We should remove everything that isn't a uniform. You know what? Why not remove everything except the default costume of each faction. To hell with customization.

I say sure to winter style skirts and boots, etc. If people are worried about skirts and winter weather, they can come with thick stockings, removable only on Caitians/Ferasans. (Because ingrown hairs would be a real problem. XD )
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    No
    No. And all existing options should be removed.

You're right. We should remove everything that isn't a uniform. You know what? Why not remove everything except the default costume of each faction. To hell with customization.

Yes.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Yes

Yes.​​

No.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    No
    thay8472 wrote: »

Yes.

No.

Yes. Even some uniforms. Terran ones especially.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    Yes

Yes.

I agree in principle. But then again, get real, that (star)ship has sailed. in fact, it was never expected to begin with pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif