test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Traits and Powers that Affect Particle Skills

I'm trying to figure out which traits/powers benefit my particle skills like TBR, FBP and EWP.

For example:

1. Does "Advanced Targeting Systems" (Dyson) apply to particle skills for increasing Crit Severity?
2. Does "Precision" (Romulan) apply to particle skills for increasing Crit Chance?
3. Does "Aux Power Config - Offense" (Nukara) apply to particle skills for increasing Damage?
4. Does the AMP mod on a Fleet Elite Warp Core affect particle skills for the +3.3 Dmg bonus per system over 75?
5. Does the Operative trait affect particle skills for the bonus Crit Chance and Severity?

Anyone have experience/knowledge with the above?

Thanks!

RCK

Comments

• Options
    jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Well I noticed your previous post about pvp. While although I am not to sure if those abilities you've mentioned affect partical gen. abilities, the one main part gen. crit&critD trait to get is from the tier 15 science crafting school ability called Particle manipulator. It increases Crit&CritD stats according to the amount part gens you have. Also try for the console that you can get from the mission "Butterfly affect". It is really useful for sci abilities as well.
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    Thanks! I've got Particle Manipulator already, but I'll definitely look into the Butterfly console.

Anyone else able to comment on the traits/powers I detailed above? Really don't want to waste a slot on something that's only useful to "Tactical Kirks" and the like. :)

RCK
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    rck01 wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out which traits/powers benefit my particle skills like TBR, FBP and EWP.

For example:

1. Does "Advanced Targeting Systems" (Dyson) apply to particle skills for increasing Crit Severity?
    2. Does "Precision" (Romulan) apply to particle skills for increasing Crit Chance?
    3. Does "Aux Power Config - Offense" (Nukara) apply to particle skills for increasing Damage?
    4. Does the AMP mod on a Fleet Elite Warp Core affect particle skills for the +3.3 Dmg bonus per system over 75?
    5. Does the Operative trait affect particle skills for the bonus Crit Chance and Severity?

Thanks!

RCK

Scryer - Emitter Synergy - +Shield Heal, +Exotic Damage after using Tac or Intel Bridge Officer ability.
    +7.5% Exotic Damage for 15 sec (Stacks up to 3 times).
    +7.5% to Shield Heals for 15 sec (Stacks up to 3 times).

Annorax - Time To Kill- +Damage when using a Science Bridge Officer ability
    to self: +10% All Damage for 15 sec when using a Science Bridge Officer ability
    (Stacks up to 3 times)

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    rck01 wrote: »

For example:

Thanks!

RCK

Yes for 1-4. #5 I haven't tested but I assume that's a yes too. 1,2 and 5 affect your ships global CritH and CritD. Particle Manipulator is added on top of that for exotic damage abilities. 3 and 4 are +all damage boosts.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Lockbox trait feedback loop, partgen damage to heals, heals to partgen damage.

Things that add 'exotic damage' are adding damage to partgen type abilities, thinking 'constriction anchor' from lockbox and probably a ton of things I cant think of right now. Also anything with partgen boost like the crafted rcs consoles with prtgen mod, reserach lab and embassy sci consoles, secondary deflectors, deflectors....

As far as I know if a crit boost changes the value shown on the ship stat then it should be applied to everything the ship throws out, unless stated otherwise like beam overload that auto crits.