test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Server Not Found

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
For some reason one of my characters keeps failing to log in. It will start the log in process but then crash out with "Game server not found." Oddly I can then restart the game and log into another character without incident, and then try to log back into my affected character only to be presented with a choice of log in types. Log in last safe, normal, etc. I opt for normal and the log in process proceeds normally. However if I log out of the affected character and in and out of a few others then try to log back into the affected character, the crash occurs again and I have to relog. I have video. Link can be provided to Admin.

BTW, the support page is down atm.

This is what I have done to try and resolve the issue:
Reboot PC
Verify Installation Data
Verified my PC is virus and malware free and all drivers are up to date.

It is not an issue on my end as I have also had the same exact issue with my second PC and just now with a third (Windows 10 based) PC.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?

Comments

• star23456star23456 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    are they in winter wonderland? because whenever one of my characters is in winter wonderland and I try to do a normal login what you have described will occur. safe login seems to solve the problem at least for me it does (lauching through steam BTW)
    giphy.gif

• lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    star23456 wrote: »
    are they in winter wonderland? because whenever one of my characters is in winter wonderland and I try to do a normal login what you have described will occur. safe login seems to solve the problem at least for me it does (lauching through steam BTW)

yes that character was in winter wonderland. In fact right before the issue arose, I had completed the new gingerbread village defense mission located just outside of the main map itself. Not sure if that matters or not.

On a side note, does the new GB City kinda feel like SoDoSoPa addon? I don't know, I liked the map the way it was and the new add on village, while cool in general, just seems a bit less fleshed out atm. Hope they add more to it. :D

• bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Happened to me to. Temporary solution to prevent it is to not log off while in winter wonderland.
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Happens to me too, though Safe Login solves it for me so far. That said I think I won't have my characters in the Wonderland from now on when I log off.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Same for me. "Gameserver not found" frequently, only since the WW patch on Thursday (and didn't occur at all previous years during WW) and, though I'm not sure every character that I'm logging in with was parked in WW, I would be logging out of the WW.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    It has begun to happen with my other characters now. I am now leaving WW before I log each character off in hopes that this will alleviate the crash bug.

I recommend that everyone file a support ticket via the support web page. In game support tickets are NEVER EVER EVER looked at. Or so it has been my experience.
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    It happened to me, too, with two toons. One toon was in WW, the other one was on ESD. It doesn´t seem to be a WW specific problem.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Same here. I thought it was just a new connection issue (I regularly get the "Disconnected from Server" error) for me, but it looks like it's not. It does seem to be more common in Winter Wonderland (and I don't remember this error message before Thursday), but I believe it has happened to characters in other places as well.

Turning my computer's wifi off and on sometimes fixes it.
  • rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    i too am getting this error from time to time *jolan Tru*
  • tamerethtamereth Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'm getting this issue too, and while in winter wonderland I'm experiencing so much lag and rubber banding that the game is basically unplayable. However it seems to be fine everywhere else?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Yeah, it's affecting me too with Jouster@turbomagnus (Fed Human Eng)...
    Worst part is that it wasn't a matter of choice - my computer crashed while I was in QWW and now I can't that character to load without "Gameserver not found" and getting kicked back to login... It won't let me safe login or normal login, just "Gameserver not found" as soon as I try to load the character.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I think the thing is sexist for me.

I have two male and three female characters. I can log in with the male characters fine. When I try to log in with the female characters with the exception of my female Klingon Delta Recruit who I logged in with first today, my other females get this error. I can go back and forth between my starfleet male human and my Klingon male fine. Logging in and out of the winter wonderland as I please.

It's bizarre.

Doing the log in to another character not in the winter wonderland, and then logging back onto the character, even if they are in the wonderland seems to work, but it's very weird.

Lulu@Amahino
    Azuria@Amahino
    Post edited by captaind3 on
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"