test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's up with Mirror Universe Non-Terrans?

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any info on MU Klingon-Cardassian Alliance and the Mirromulans? Sure, if the Terran Empire could wipe out Mirror Iconians, they surely would have no problems subjugating either of these guys, or maybe they formed a Mirror Alliance?

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    STOs MU doesn't make sense. We are to believe that the Terran Empire conquered their entire universe. Just think about that.

EDIT: There would at least be the Tholians for them to fight, since (probably) the Tholian assenbly covers interdimensional space, thus there are no "mirror Tholians" but just Tholians and they are very much still there. And even with Iconian miracle tech (which really is no miracle at all since prime universe players can use it without any hassle on a large scale) there is no way they could conquer their whole universe, they wouldn't even have the manpower to do so,​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    It's just Leeta's rambling... why so serious?

At best take the STO map... make it all yellow... boom... that's Terran Space.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    yakodym wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any info on MU Klingon-Cardassian Alliance and the Mirromulans? Sure, if the Terran Empire could wipe out Mirror Iconians, they surely would have no problems subjugating either of these guys, or maybe they formed a Mirror Alliance?
    I don't think anyone knows the situation with the Mirror Romulans, they were only briefly mentioned in one of the DS9 Mirror Episodes. As already stated, the Mirror Universe doesn't make sense, cause it's unlikely that after creating one Defiant Class ship, the Terrans suddenly find themselves able to conquer an entire alliance, though somewhere along the line, would seem to suggest that they did.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    STOs MU doesn't make sense. We are to believe that the Terran Empire conquered their entire universe. Just think about that.
    That's not entirely accurate though, is it? The Terran Empire didn't conquer the entire universe. They might have conquered the quadrant, maybe even their Galaxy, but the entire Universe? Naah.
    There would at least be the Tholians for them to fight, since (probably) the Tholian assenbly covers interdimensional space, thus there are no "mirror Tholians" but just Tholians and they are very much still there. And even with Iconian miracle tech (which really is no miracle at all since prime universe players can use it without any hassle on a large scale) there is no way they could conquer their whole universe, they wouldn't even have the manpower to do so,​​
    This whole Tholian thing doesn't make sense to me. There have to be Mirror Tholians, I'm struggling to understand how the same Tholian can exist in multiple parallel universes. If that were truly the case, then they'd never care about what's going on elsewhere in the Galaxy, and our Tholians wouldn't have signed a non-aggression pact with the Dominion.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Oh right, the Mirror-Dominion... I wonder what's up with those too. As for mirror Tholians, maybe they are just the only species, who were able to get along with their mirror counterparts, so they joined forces?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The mirror Tholian thing is based on various non-canopnical theories, that's true. But STO might have adapted a few ideas, I didn't like the whole MU-Tholian link from the start and like most of the things ENT did I thought the MU episodes there were rather terrible. Anyway, jumping between universes/realities and time travel in STO is so casually available like warp drive in regular Star Trek that it's possible that Tholians just walk through portals and thus effectively double their space this way.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    This whole Tholian thing doesn't make sense to me. There have to be Mirror Tholians, I'm struggling to understand how the same Tholian can exist in multiple parallel universes. If that were truly the case, then they'd never care about what's going on elsewhere in the Galaxy, and our Tholians wouldn't have signed a non-aggression pact with the Dominion.

I think the background story is that there once were indeed two Tholian Assemblies, but they inhabit an area of space that has generally weaker boundaries between the universes. At one point, they breached those, found their mirror (or prime) versions, and instead of trying to blow each other up a la Terran Empire-Federation style, they joined their governments into a single Tholian Assembly.
    At one point, they will stop having Mirror versions of each person, since they will start to mix the populations and interbreed (so to say). So two Tholian species are effectively merged into one.
    Now add in the fact that the Tholians are big players in the Temporal Cold War, so they have time travel, and the merging point is no longer possible to determine.

Anyway, there is one Tholian Assembly occupying the same area in two universes, which makes it a bit hard for them to always distinguish stuff from one universe from the other. They never really were aggressive, but mostly xenophobic. They also are very much interested in any form of technology they do not yet posess. They also got their own borders to protect, just like Switzerland in real life still having an army and trading with other countries, despite their neutrality. Hence why they do care about the rest of the universe and why they did sign that non-aggresion pact with the Dominion. They were defending their own interests.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    mirror romulans will come in a expansion
    the alliance will be a sub faction
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Yeah, I think you can safely dismiss anything Leeta says. She's clearly insane, and taking her word on it ruins a lot of story possibilities. My mirror universe Foundry series is basically going to pretend S11 never happened.

As for the Tholians, they probably conquered the mirror Tholians (or vice versa) long ago, and now they travel between the two universes so often that it's basically one Assembly now.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    The Mirror Romulan survivors will be added to the Republic Romulans. This serves 2 purposes; the Mirror Romulans escape the vile Terrans, and their ships artificially add more ships to the roster, even if it's just alternate seating of existing T5 and T6 ships. Maybe a new uniform or two, along with the ARW prefix and reflective red Mirror finish. We'll also have noble Mirror Hakeev doing his best to rebuild the Republic in hand with D'Tan.

The same will be done with Mirror KDF survivors.

Conveniently, all survivors are friendly versions of the enemy NPCs we've killed, so it's not like they're trying to replace an identical prime counterpart.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yeah, I think you can safely dismiss anything Leeta says. She's clearly insane, and taking her word on it ruins a lot of story possibilities. My mirror universe Foundry series is basically going to pretend S11 never happened.

IIRC Leeta says they conquered all the enemies in their universe, not the whole universe itself. Since we've only ever seen the "local" races in the mirror universe, that statement may not be as all-encompassing as it sounds. The Terran Empire is obviously not very exploration-centric.
  • mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, one thing to remember is that the Bajoran wormhole was never discovered in the MU, so they've probably never even been to the Gamma Quadrant or heard of the Dominion. There was never a Maquis, so they likely never had a ship get trapped in the Delta Quadrant. At best they've probably just "conquered" the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and never bothered with the idea of exploring the others.

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

IIRC Leeta says they conquered all the enemies in their universe, not the whole universe itself. Since we've only ever seen the "local" races in the mirror universe, that statement may not be as all-encompassing as it sounds. The Terran Empire is obviously not very exploration-centric.

"We've already conquered everyone else in our reality. Yours will fall easily."

Seems pretty specific to me.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    personally, I have ceased to try to understand the stories, because they are just a huge non-sense, and a big part of these stories are totally ridiculous, I have done again the iconian missions with 1 of my recruits; these missions are totally laughable. For me now the iconians look like to space clowns; cryptic has destroyed everything (the mystery, the strength of this specie which is millenary); yep, space clowns
    The mirror stuff, well! it is a joke (not really funny). I hope, that the new episode won't be as crappy than the delta and iconian episodes.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    Yeah, one thing to remember is that the Bajoran wormhole was never discovered in the MU, so they've probably never even been to the Gamma Quadrant or heard of the Dominion. There was never a Maquis, so they likely never had a ship get trapped in the Delta Quadrant. At best they've probably just "conquered" the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and never bothered with the idea of exploring the others.

^this....without contact/interference with the delta and gamma quadrants its hardly a stretch to believe the Terrans took over most of the alpha and beta quadrants

also without Q's meddling it was implied that the Borg would have arrived much later so its possible the Terrans don't need to contend with them either
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    So, basically it *is* just the Terran Empire that anyone knows at least something about, while the wherabouts of mirror klingons, romulans, borg, elachi, etc. etc. are largely unknown...

Holy smokes, that could be the next step in STO development: Instead of the factions being FED vs. KDF, it could become Prime vs. Mirror, with both sides having essentialy the same races, but mirrorized :smiley:
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    yakodym wrote: »
    mirror iconians make no sense at all. mirror terran would no way help them evacuate planet.

• kontarnuskontarnus Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Wait, MU Leeta said she got help from the future to defeat the mirror Iconians. I think the temporal 'cold' war in the MU sounds much more interesting; more of a free for all.
    Saying that you've conquered the universe just sounds more grandiose and is the kind of thing that a posturing megalomaniac would say, keep that in mind
    "Intelligence is finite, stupidity is infinite" -- Umberto Eco
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    While the Terran Empire might not be pro-exploration, I am sure that they are pro-recon-in-force.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    While the Terran Empire might not be pro-exploration, I am sure that they are pro-recon-in-force.
    To seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly conquer what has never been conquered before!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Maybe the Future Terran Empire is a part of the Temporal Cold War ...

* They've gone back in time to save the Terran Empire from the Mirror Iconian Invasion.
    * They've given the Terran Empire super cool space stuff which has allowed them to conquer their neighbouring states (Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, Romulan Empire, etc..)
    * Leeta uses SCIENCE to defeat the Iconians and TRIBBLE around with the timeline so the Empire goes from Yellow to Red.
    * Terran Empire has a civil war in which Leeta's mob has the advantage.
    * Leeta's mob wins ( Yet she's not the Empress of the Empire ? )
    * Terran Empire is attacking the prime universe (Badly!)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Atleast with the tholians the way i see it is if they have the ability to travel between realities that the assembly might more be a assembled group of tholians from all realities so there is mu Tholians just they are part of the assembly an also feel less like part of that universe an more as part of the reality traveling tholian race.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    STOs MU doesn't make sense. We are to believe that the Terran Empire conquered their entire universe. Just think about that.​​

I don't think so. The point here is, who controls the Badlands, controls the most convenient place in this part of the Galaxy to move entire fleets through dimensions. In the MU, Terrans probably firmly control this part of the quadrant, but they most certainly don't control the whole quadrant, nor the galaxy. Maybe other species have acquired the same future tech and Terrans can't expand easily in their own universe, so they picked ours.
    Mirror Romulans/Klingons/Whatever probably continue to mind their own business in MU, maybe they are even happy Terrans are focusing their efforts towards another universe. They might eventually help us if Terrans start winning too much (they want Terrans to waste their energy pointlessly, not to build a huge interdimensional empire and acquire even more tech and resources).
    ryuga81.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

"We've already conquered everyone else in our reality. Yours will fall easily."

Seems pretty specific to me.

Well we didn't fall easily so obviously that is exaggerated...but no...I imagine the first half of what she said was a 100% true and the Terrans conquered the universe! :p