test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sunrisie Mission - Ship is not visible in mission

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
edited November 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
First part of the mission runs fine. You warp in, scan the first anomaly twice, scan the second one, play the short game and warp out to the second part. However, at this point, you warp into the second part your ship is no longer visible.

EDIT - 11/23/15
NOTE- Eclipsor has a solid work around

eclipsor wrote: »
Temporary workaround: type "/demorecord" in the chat then "/demorecordstop". Forces reload of the models.

Org post cont:
I have ran the mission four times on two separate systems and a fifth time on a third. I have a fresh install of the game and have verified all my installs on all three systems that I use to play STO. I have tried other characters as well and the bug is also affecting them.

The issue seems to be a bug with Sunrise . I have video -

Updated video = After following tech support recommendations - No luck
https://youtu.be/jNub6ip4QD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuqdQttN4w&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl2SFB1YNAg&feature=youtu.be
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by lordatrocities on

Comments

• Options
    scottstatenscottstaten Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Same thing is happening to me.
  • Options
    sirhenrysirhenry Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Same thing is happening to me.
    Me too.
  • Options
    No response as of yet from Tech Support
  • Options
    shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Same issue here...since I can't see my ship (or the graphic for the scanner) it makes the very beginning of the mission impossible to complete. Also, since you are at the beginning, logging out then in simply restarts the mission.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    This is happening for me as well.

Guess I need to complete the feature episodes and not leave them a week longer for a patch to break them.

Wow, I never knew you could switch ships in missions. Guess that workaround will do.
  • Options
    shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    This is happening for me as well.

Guess I need to complete the feature episodes and not leave them a week longer for a patch to break them.

Wow, I never knew you could switch ships in missions. Guess that workaround will do.

Hey! Thanks for the tip! Totally forgot about being able to do that. That work around was successful for me as well.
  • Options
    I was sent a response from Tech Support. Try this and see if it helps. I did and it didn't resolve the issue. :(

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you're stuck in the current phase of your mission. This is best solved by restarting the current phase of your mission. Please note that you will only lose the progress for this phase of the mission, not the whole mission itself. Please follow the short guide I've written below:

1. Logout of the game for no less than 15 minutes.
    2. If you are in a party, all your teammates must likewise do the same.
    3. When you log back in, you should be back in Sector Space, you can then continue your mission on the phase/stage where you left off.
    4. Proceed with the mission and fulfill each non-optional objectives in the order these were provided by the game, and please refrain from deviating from it until you have finished your current mission.
    5. Let the cinematics (if any) run to the end to ensure that the mission updates correctly.
    6. If applicable in your current mission, turn-in your mission first before leaving the mission map.

If the issue persists, please submit a bug report with all the information related to it directly to our QA team. Simply click the "?" icon located on your minimap and select "Report a Bug".

Do note that bug reports are reviewed by members of the QA team and you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs.
  • Options
    geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Having same issue on all three alts, with all the above suggestions tried. still having same issue.
  • Options
    alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Issue confirmed.

It's doing the same in the second phase of Stormfront too
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    Issue has been confirmed and submitted via the Operational support team.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    eclipsoreclipsor Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Temporary workaround: type "/demorecord" in the chat then "/demorecordstop". Forces reload of the models.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter

I can confirm that this works. I'll amend my posy within the OST forums. Thank you for info.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I too will confirm that Eclipsor's methods works. . :D
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User

Fantastic tip! Thank you. This helped me out a ton since re-logging just started the entire mission over again for me.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

This is a very helpful advice, maybe @lordatrocities can add that to the OP so people can take note of the workaround pig-1.gif

It is a thousand times more helpful than the canned customer service reply which vasically never works in practice. In one mission of the cardassian arc (the old one) I got stuck repeatedly in one mission that spawned me inside a hill or something. Restarting the mission didn't help at all and I suspect the "turn it on and off again" automated reply the support comes off with doesn't help in at least 70% of those cases.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Had the same thing happen in the Second Space Phase on one of my characters. Shooting Tholians when you can't see yourself or the visuals for the weapons shots was a bit frustrating but it cleared after a rezone into the Wells.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    that command line worked for me too. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    The bug is still plaguing the game