Scheduled Maintenance [November 12th, 2015]

12346»

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    paulyman wrote: »
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm more angry about losing another whole day of Mirror Invasion Event - i'm from Europe and i'm coming home from work around 15:00 CET - now i lost another day of grinding my 16 toons in the 15-minutes event - each toon....

so in Europe a day is only 6 hours long?

If you work/go to school, your "gaming time" may be 6 hours long or less. Exactly when this extension happens. We (the EU folk) TRIBBLE about that every time it happens, and you're surprised we do it during a time limited event? :D

Let's take a look at an average gamer's day:

- 6.00 am wake up
    - 6.15-7.00 Shower + breakfast
    - 7.15 depart for work
    - 8.15 - 8.30 arrive at work
    - 17.00 end of day's work.
    - 18.15 arrival home
    - 19.00 finish dinner + start gaming time
    - 20.00 -20.30 bringing kids to bed
    - 20.45 wife gets frisky

Is it really that amazing when the average European gamer complaints? That 1 hour gaming time is all the average gamer gets to replenish his energy before the wife factor kicks in.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    One would think that after five years, these people would have clued on...
    Naw come on baby, I swear, this has never happened to me before!
  • Options
    richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    - 19.00 finish dinner + start gaming time
    - 20.00 -20.30 bringing kids to bed
    - 20.45 wife gets frisky

Is it really that amazing when the average European gamer complaints? That 1 hour gaming time is all the average gamer gets to replenish his energy before the wife factor kicks in.​​

False; For a true gamer there are only 3 possibilities: 1 - They're single. 2 - Their partner knows NEVER to interrupt game time. 3 - Their partner is also a gamer, so 'getting frisky' only happens in-game.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    is it just me or are the tribble's at it again (patching is so sloooooooooooooooow) ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »

For one I'd like to see a reasonable and plausible explanation of how people can think they know how something works but clearly doesn't. Have you ever worked on any large production of any kind? Stuff happens...

I actually do work and build large production environments of various kinds and my server farm(s) and underlying infrastructure work well because if they failed so often i'd be out on my xyz and homeless, but it looks like I have a lot of time to play STO and other stuff, so I must be doing something right.

And to be frank, people's arguments that it "sometimes happens" and it's just the way it IS: no sorry, these things don't just happen and it doesn't have to be that way. Maybe in 1995, yeah, maybe it had to be that way and maybe if you used out-of-the box solutions, then sure, it HAD to be that way. But custom built systems with good testing and quality control. In 2015? Well, other than a huge denial of service or catastrophic power failure, sorry, from where I stand, there's little real excuse.

Trendy, don't interpret this as a criticism, it's my professinal ego being hurt by that sentence, but if someone really told you the three environment story is the reason this happens, then those somebodies aren't doing their job, period!

I totaly agree and will add that each time I read someone say "hey you know stuff happens...." it's even more scary and sound like if mystic or religious is involved in sofware coding...which at the end only show how much incompetence is involved to not know exactly what happened but trying to talk about it...

This is not said toward Devs or pwlaughingtrendy or anyone else at Cryptic since I dont remember any of them saying that until now but only to that kind of guy that feel the need to speak on behalf of a company with words like that 'stuff happens...'

Same time, it's been months since Criptic didnt TRIBBLE up with an extanded maintenance so, it shouldnt be the subject here at all... every one can do misstakes ... and obviously a bit more often for Criptic ;)

Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    The game runs like sh*t since this update. Way to go, cryptic.
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    jormunrek wrote: »
    Did I miss it in the notes or have they still not fixed the error in the doff mission database that occurred with the release of the admiralty system?

Was not in release notes so I wouldn't hold my breath.

There are quite a few assignments that have not been seen since Season 11 hit the floor (cf. this thread). I really hope they're not sweeping this under the rug for months or even for good.
  • Options
    botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Anyone else still having trouble logging in? I reach the character selection, but when I select one, I get the empty background, not the usual loading screen and after a while I get login Error2.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    More ships added to Admiralty, but the bug where one doesn't get the card when comissioning the ship doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

Yes, I know I'm going on about that Type-10 shuttle, it annoys me that there's only one way to claim it, no way to reclaim it and AdSys can still glitch and not give the card for it...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    did you try opening the doff window after claiming?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    did you try opening the doff window after claiming?

Yeah, tried that, it didn't work. I did finally find a method to get things to work - I switched ships in space and it seemed to reset things so that I could reclaim the pack and this time AdSys properly credited me the shuttle.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Why since this patch can I not get into the game trendy, The Gameclient.exe is so slow since patch and gets stuck and remains on the Star Trek Online New Dawn Screen? didn't happen before patch please investigate
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    also I have tried everything, this is because of the patch and nothing to do with my system as I was playing and loading all fine before. Can't get to the character screen as it just ends up stalled on the new dawn part with eveything before that loading as slow as an slug.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Did you try checking if the firewall allows connection for the client?

Every time i patch the game, i need first to open firewall for new version...
    and because i'm set for fullscreen, i do not see the system asking, until i switch the client to background,
    otherwise it just stalls at loading