Options

Randomly disconnected.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    What about when 7 Romulans save T'Ket and the Iconians. Then one individual that is human half breed and not Romulen does something bad. Basically we end up with the Romulans being the others that saved the Iconians. The human half breed though is a reason to wipe out the Romulans that saved the day.
    In T'ket's mind, you probably lulled them into a false sense of safety and only one Klingon prevented you from killing her sister, whether you're Starfleet, Romulan or Klingon.
    She's only remembering you as the Other because L'Miren and the other Iconians are deluded in believing you saved their life and won't shut up about it, so she's rolling with it.
    She doesn't care, "your existence is an insult to the memory of the fallen Iconians", after all, even after you reveal you're the Other.

That or the game assumes you're Starfleet and nothing else, once again.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    rajathomas wrote: »

So what would your response be when faced with impossible odds? Lay down and call it quits apparently since the way you portrayed this war was "nonsense". I hope I don't have you on my team when the chips are down, I prefer people who will fight no matter how hopeless things are. Anyway, it was all explained very clearly, how the war was being lost and how the alliance was resorting to whatever drastic methods they could to attempt a victory. You probably skipped all the dialogs and missed how it finally ended, with someone laying down their guns and making a gesture, which Picard and many others in Trek have done countless times. I guess some people really just can't grasp this happening, let alone a war ending where there wasn't a victor who blew up more stuff.

Huh? You may want to stop jumping to conclusions that are completely unrelated.

To your...question?...about impossible odds, the answer is to change the odds. You don't attack a tank head-on with a pitchfork and hope to bludgeon the tank into submission, you find its weak spot and exploit that. Use the landscape, gum up the works, make it chase you until it runs out of gas, find somebody with a bazooka - anything that might have a real chance at success.

That's not what the allies did (at least that was portrayed) - they sent wave after wave of ships to their death in the hopes of getting lucky and breaking through the tank's armor. The Krenim weapon ship was a start, but abandoned instead for a do-over (why not try using the weapon to wipe the sphere itself out of existence?).

There were tons of other suggestions in the forums about things that could have been done - I particularly liked the one from a Commander Kitt-ay (something like that) about using phase cloaks to get in and drop a doomsday weapon into the heart of the spheres. Many of them were far more inventive and at least would have had a chance at success given the "threat."

The point is that - as described by lore - the Iconians were far too great a threat to try to fight with conventional weapons, but that's what happened anyway. I get why to a degree because of game mechanics, but that doesn't suddenly excuse the plotholes. It also doesn't make the Iconians look any smarter for apparently not bringing their A-game to their galactic conquest march.