test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New herald ship's hangar pets not using all abilities

eionpeionp Member Posts: 12 Arc User
The AI and or Damage seems to be causing the new hangar pets for Herald lockbox ships to under perform compared to other pets.

The most apparent evidence there's a problem is that the Elite Baltim frigates, that are only unlocked once you purchase the lobi ship, do less damage overall than the common energy credit store quality Mir fighters the ship comes equipped with.

The basic Mirs might do 2.5k DPS in an ISA and the ELITE baltims are doing the same or less per hangar bay at a cost of 150million EC or 900 lobi, plus 100000 fleet credits and 39000 dilithium.

The relative damage between the two pets remains the same in other stfs I tested. I also tested the ELITE Mir's which do slightly more damage at around 2.8-3.0K DPS,

While the Mir's at least do slightly more damage at elite an analysis of the combatlog shows they aren't firing their torpedo which probably accounts in part for their lackluster damage.

These inconsistencies, the missing weapons fire, the expensive unlock pet under performing the basic pet, and the fact that the pets are new and have novel mechanics like ambush gateway and impact lead me to suspect the bug lies with the pet's AI not using skills properly.

for comparison numbers a single elite obelisk swarmer hangar might do 3.4-5k dps and a scimitar's elite romulan drone ship might do 6-8k dps.

With the two hangarbays on the vonph carrier im getting maybe 5k from both elite pets added up which is fairly low.. And while this may seem like nitpicking the point of a carrier like the vonph is that it sacrifices a weapon to gain a second hangar bay and if the pets aren't working properly well...