test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[CLOSED] Week Four: Starship Design with Thomas Marrone (Official Contest Thread)

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
edited October 2015 in Starfleet Media Corps
week-thee-four-twit.jpg

http://lootcritter.com/starship-design-with-thomas-marrone-part-four/

For additional entries into the contest, please submit your answers here - or in the blog post on lootcritter.com. Note only one entry per user will be tallied.

How to Enter:
  1. Subscribe to this blog, or to my twitter account. (pretty simple, 1 entry per, automatically every week)
  2. For BONUS entries: Post the answers to question one and two either on this weeks blog announcement, or in the official thread on lootcritter.com.
  3. Or, Tweet you answers, including your in-game handle to @Lootcritter.
Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• nsa974nsa974 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Q1: Unwrapping
    Q2: Borg
  • jazzinmypantsjazzinmypants Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Q2: Please don't fracture the game more with additional underdeveloped factions, integrate them instead
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    nsa974 wrote: »
    Q2: Borg

First in the forums, +2 entries

• h2o4dph2o4dp Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Question One: Unwrapping
    Question Two: Borg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Question One: What is the name of the tedious process used to define details on the skin?

Unwrapping.

Question Two: What faction would you like to see added to Star Trek Online?

Imperial Romulans.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Question One: Unwrapping
    Question Two: Cardassian
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• salnaracretusalnaracretu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Q1: this process is called “unwrapping.”
    Q2: Iconians :D - just kidding. I don't know if it really needs more factions at the moment.
    “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

Join the GTribe MASSIVE UPRISING giveaway
  • maxtorman1706maxtorman1706 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Q2: Cardassian - because of remodeling of Cardassian arc it would be a good idea.
  • buffbuff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    1- Unwrapping
    2- If I had to pick; probably the Dominion though I'd much rather not have another and have focus on the current faction issues instead
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    Q2: Cardassians
  • rigilgearwerksrigilgearwerks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Q1: The process is called unwrapping.
    Q2: If I had to pick a faction to add, I would say the Cardassians. They have one of the most developed cultures in Trek, and it would be fun to see that built even further.
  • warlicker84warlicker84 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Q2: My favorite reptillians in Trek next to the Gorn, the Cardassians
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Q1 - unwrapping
    Q2 - Faction: Romulan. Fraction? I'd say something Dominion related, but then again, I don't care much for them, they could just be released as races to the regular factions... (Bajorans to the Feds, Cardies to the KDF - for example...)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Q2: None. We have enough factions and I don't think we need anymore.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • draenar13draenar13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Q1. Unwrapping.
    Q2. Delta Alliance. Benthans, Turei and Heirarchy, oh my!
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Q2: I cant think of any "Full" faction that I would want to see, but I would like to see every faction in the game as a "mini" faction. Very small factions with few options, like a Dominion faction where you can only be either a Vorta or Changeling and only have Jem'Hadar officers, and only Dom equipment. But they can unlock things for you on your Fed, KDF and Rom characters.
    2. Mirror Universe. You play as your mirror except all the diplomatic options are disabled and your character gets a goatee. :)
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Q2: Cardassians
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Q2: Dominion: for all your monolithic empire needs. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Q2: Q, Ocampa or El-Aurian
  • belisariusdbelisariusd Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Q2: I'd rather not see a new faction added; that developer time could be better spent (IMO). Though, if I had to choose one I'd probably pick the Dominion.
  • alpharnalpharn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Q1. Unwrapping
    Q2. The Cardies (Cardassians)
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    1- Unwrapping
    2- Cardassians. Garak needed!
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    1: unwrapping

2: Instead of making new factions, you need to finish the ones already in the game. Your first priority needs to be making Romulans into a full independent faction.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Q2: Cardassians​​
  • wobbletwobblet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Q1: Unwrapping.
    Q2: Spoonheads/Cardassians
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Q2: Dominion, though I don't really need a new faction. Anyway, with Odo in the Great Link they might have turned semi-good guys and opened things up a bit...​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    Q1: Unwrapping.
    Q2: Mirror Universe ,as in prime universe is one side end mirror is the other . it is waste of resources giving %17 a own faction
  • korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    1. Unwrapping
    2. Hmm, I don't really know. Maybe Dominion?​​
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    1) Unwrapping
    2) Cardassians