test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What MU themed gear would you like to see in Season 11?

We know that Mirror Leeta is involved in Season 11 somehow, so I'm assuming there will be MU themed missions or episodes. What MU themed stuff would you want to see?

I want a ground cutting beam rifle. Something like this:

Mirror Phaser Cutting Split Beam Rifle Mk. XII [Dmgx3]
This special Split Beam rifle is similar to the well-established split beam rifles, but it's energy beam more effectively cuts through shields. Cutting Beams are considered inhumane anti-personnel weapons by the United Federation of Planets due to the grievous wounds they inflict on humanoid physiology, however the Terran Empire has put Cutting Beams to effective use on the battlefield and their soldiers are feared throughout the galaxy as a result.

Cutting Beam Setting
Cutting Beam is a standard attack that inflicts phaser damage. Fires a steady beam at a single target.
35 meter range
0.6 sec activate
47 Phaser Damagex2 [98.9 DPS] [50% shield penetration]
2.5% Chance: +2 Stun
-50% Run Speed for 6 seconds

Auto-Targeting Cutting Beam
Auto-Targeting Cutting Beam splits a high powered beam that hits up to three targets in a cone.
35 meter range; 25 degree cone
1.25 sec activate
6 second recharge
108.4 Phaser Damage on up to three targets [50% shield penetration]
2.5% Chance: +2 Stun
-50% Run Speed for 6 seconds

Heck if it was part of a Mirror reputation ground set, that would be even better. I would love it.

As far as canon considerations go, phaser cutting beams do exist in the Star Trek universe but aren't typically used as weapons. You can see them here:
en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Phaser_drilling_tool
en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Cutter_beam
en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_drill

The shield penetration brings up a curious effect on how I think it should work on Borg. I think the Borg should adapt, but only to the 50% shield damage. Once they adapt the rifle should still do the 50% damage that penetrates their shield. Just my opinion.

The damage values listed are the base damage of a Mk.XII very rare split beam rifle I own. If it needs to be adjusted to accommodate the additional shield penetration, that's okay.

If you have any ideas for Mirror themed equipment, post it here.

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    New hull patterns would be nice, as well as an ISS prefix. Mirror universe variants of uniforms would be awesome. I'd like to see a portable Tantalus ground device. Instantly kill any commander level enemy and below. :p

Oh, and some unique pistols/dual pistols. Enough rifles already.
  • Options
    latentredlatentred Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    You know Mirror Kirk's intsa-kill death console of murder? I want one as a trophy for my office. Maybe have the screen flash between your bridge crew.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind some new phaser weapons, personally. Maybe some nice, eye-catching red tinted ones.
    Dunno what kind of proc they'd have. Basic phaser weapon proc is already pretty handy at times.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    They have already said, the mirror reputation tech is based on Klingon disruptor weapons and stuff to fight the regular Federation. So that's what we'll get.
    There could be a couple new mission rewards, though, with actual mirror tech.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I'll be happy with the mirror Oddy uniform and Mirror ent era maco costume
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
      I would like to see a new three pack of Mirror ship bridges and would like it if we got a couple of new mirror boffs
      to be earned with in the new season 11 story line and a new set of doffs to give us some new kind of buff to ship and ground abilities, would also like to see a few new ground weapon types that could compete with the TR116, would also like to see a couple of new free ship traits thrown into the new season 11 story line as well and would like to earn a new outfit with in the story line as well and earn some kind of new ship weapons and consoles we haven't had as a drop before, to give us something to work towards like during an exploration mission make it so we do 3 or 4 missons to get specific pieces that when put together creates a new useful console or ground weapon and have other pieces drop that earns you new ground weapon parts that enhance your ground weapon or give us items that enhance ground abilities.
    • Options
      tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
      timelord79 wrote: »
      Or in the inevitable S11.5 lockbox which would make more sense IMO.

• Options
      peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
      I'll be happy with the mirror Oddy uniform and Mirror ent era maco costume

Now that would be awsome! :)
      animated.gif
      Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
      felisean wrote: »
      teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    • Options
      salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Didn't they already announce all of the rep gear?
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • Options
      kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
      That's right they did. I must have forgot because I was completely unimpressed with what we're getting.

I guess I don't care that much, I just wanted a nice split beam rifle. For Season 11 at least my ship will still be using Antiproton beams and the Nukara set for the slight damage bonus. The Terran sets just aren't my type of thing.
    • Options
      warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      A giant Negh'var like mirror Worf had.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Agonizer drones. Small things kinda like the Tholian web drones, but they project a beam of the agonizer effect instead of a web.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
      I want to push a button in my quarters and make the ESD chat spammers disappear. Now that's canon!
    • Options
      warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      I want to push a button in my quarters and make the ESD chat spammers disappear. Now that's canon!

That button is in the chat options. Just uncheck that box next to "Zone" and no more spammers. ;)
    • Options
      gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      For the love of all which is Trek, PHASERS please. New ground and space versions in the dilithium rep store of terran rep, give phasers the "Romulan plasma" treatment (Phaser and disruptor proc) while keeping them looking like PHASERS.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
      Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
      He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
      He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    • Options
      seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      tempus64 wrote: »

Probably.

Though it would be neat to finally have phasers that actually look like phasers but ditch the terribly useless subsystem disable proc.
      I really like the xindi pahsers and their phaser explosion proc but the color and sound just aren't right.
    • Options
      tempus64 wrote: »

Probably.

Though it would be neat to finally have phasers that actually look like phasers but ditch the terribly useless subsystem disable proc.
      I really like the xindi pahsers and their phaser explosion proc but the color and sound just aren't right.

Ground phasers too please. I'm sick of the limited phaser options when we have so much for every other energy type, there's even a PROTON rifle yet a serious lack of good phasers.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    • Options
      a Q bomb? *Q appears in the mirror universe* I'm BAAACK mon capitan!!"

• Options
      reyan01 wrote: »
      gradii wrote: »
      a Q bomb? *Q appears in the mirror universe* I'm BAAACK mon capitan!!"

If Q had gone there it probably wouldn't exist anyway. He called the Human Race a "dangerous, savage child race". That describes the Mirror idiots perfectly.

Not quite, he forgot the goatee part.

• Options
      yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
      Mirror photon torpedoes with HY that fires orbs-of-death, and mirror plasma torpedoes with HY that fires a salvo of torps.
    • Options
      tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
      warpangel wrote: »

That button is in the chat options. Just uncheck that box next to "Zone" and no more spammers. ;)
      No, must push button to vaporize.
    • Options
      kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I also think a Tantalus device would be fun to have. Erasing a target non-player, non-boss enemy from the map would be fun to do.

I wonder if they could sneak in a MU themed set though mission rewards like they did with the Jem'Hadar sets? Not everything has to be through the rep system.
    • Options
      asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I agree maybe let us have a phaser set, and weapons that use a very Iconian look of feel in style, but more MU fed/KDF/Rom design, since they are supposed to have defeated their versions of the Iconians. This could also go down the line of Chroniton based weapons too that might as secondary firing mode have a effect on time, either slowing it down perspectively for you, slowing a target/s down to a crawl, or even freezing time for a short period of time as well. Though i would love to see us getting some Solanae, Herald, and Elachi based construct/drones maybe like being able to call in a drone/construct thru thier secondary fire for a period of time (based on a predetermined time off a guage that depletes as time passes.).

Also what about a Battle-rifle like weapon that has a three shot burst fire mode or a auto-fire mode that so long as you hold down the fire button it will keep on discharging shots, but also as a secondary fire either standard or when used on a exposed target it can lob a photon granade (kinda like how the polaron rifle or Delta rifle has a multi-beam/cone fire mode when used on a none-exposed target but on a exposed target it has a sniper fire/orbital strike fire mode.).

Though i also loved the idea of a charging phase/disuptor/plasma type weapon, which might have a power level guage like the romulan plasma flome-thrower or the rapid fire plasma repeater pistol. With the main-firing mode being a medium power shot with a short-medium length recharge before it can be fired again (could go that by holding down the primary firing button you can fire quicker bursts that drain the power guage), but than the secondary-firing mode is a charging based attack that deverts power from the energy cells of the weapon to a cell that stores the energy till released by hitting/releasing the secondary firing button once more with the power of the attack being a static damage augemented by an amount determined by the longer you charged the attack/diverted power from the power-guage (while this is charging it could deactivate the primary firing mode fully, or just disable being able to use the rapid-fire function by holding down the primary fire button an using up the power-guage.).

What about for a pistol style weapon they could attach/fire a collar/implant in/onto a target that either deals damage to them when they attack you, or you activate the secondary fire again momentarily stunning/staggering them.
    • Options
      highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
      They have already said, the mirror reputation tech is based on Klingon disruptor weapons and stuff to fight the regular Federation.

I'd willingly forgotten that bit.

Specialized equipment the klinks designed to fight the Feds? Klinks even having a chance in hell against the Feds?

>Such kek
      >Much lel
      "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
      -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
    • Options
      monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
      I'd like T6 mirror universe ships and an updated mirror universe outfit based on the Odyssey jacket. :)
    • Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      genesis torpedoes...you know they had them​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
      Mirror Universe Temporal Dreadnought Carrier that has console synergy with Mainheim Device and Typler Cylinder :p
    • Options
      taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
      Sexy Mirror Outfits/Costume pieces of course.
      What good are mirror weapons when you don't got a sexy mirror outfit to back it up ?
      [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    • Options
      irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
      An agoniser booth (or better yet the Tantalus Device) to use on AFKers and leeches :)