test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is T5-U as good as T6 as it was advertised to be?

124»

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    Bottom line:

T5U or T6 is largely irrelevant.

What makes the difference is the stats, basic boff seating (intel, pilot and command are not necessary just a nice to have) and any special gimmicks such as the FPER nadion bombs etc that are gamechangers.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    T5-U is about the same as T6.
    You are missing a console but... diminishing returns.

You are missing some shield and hull points but... well, not buts. That stinks.

You are missing a ship trait but... a lot of them are pretty useless. They look shiny but when you parse them out, they do practically nothing. A couple are nice but... price vs return. Yeah...

However, the T5U upgrade for $7 was a stretch. It doesn't stack up to a T6. Sure, you only spent $7 - on top of the $25 you already spent making your $32 ship lesser than a $30 ship but... marketing.

Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    People forget there's "baseline" T5 / T5+1 (aka the "original" retrofits in the C-store) and "fleet" T5, whether it comes as a separate fleet upgrade out of the fleet system (fleet retrofit) or straight-up at that level (Vesta / Regent out of C-store, Lockbox / lobi / event ships, etc.)

From "baseline" T5, apply a 'fleet' upgrade of +10% hull/shields, +1 console. From 'fleet' level, apply another +10% hull/shields and console along with the 1-4 mastery slots...

From said "same" baseline T5, apply a +10% hull/shields, +1 console, and +1 BOff seat to get to "plain" T6. Maybe slip in some sort of "specialization" seating...

So, a T5U11 (ex-fleet ship) has more hull and shields, by about 10%, and an 11th console than the "baseline" T6 which happens to have an extra BOff seat and the mastery trait.

In many cases, this can be considered "comparable". I know I more-or-less do...

Then you have Fleet T6. Which screws up the entire curve, again. But literally, the only differences between T5U11 and FT6 is...

One extra BOff seat, the ability to run specialization powers out of one BOff seat, and the mastery trait...

Still, T5U11 isn't FT6. And that's fast become the "gold standard" of STO...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]