test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rom. ships energy drain and Weapons

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
For some reason my Romulan has huge problems with the enrg drain. Even on non-Rom ships with a warp core and cruiser commandsmy weapon engery goes down to 80 sometimes. I already use aux2bat, the leech and 3 Embassy consoles but still my energy levels go down. I don't have that problem with fed toons.

Is there a way to get a good energy boost/stable energy levels without aux2bat?

And i wanted to use Rom. Plasma because then i had at least one weapon that doesn't cosume weapons energy but a friend told me that the procs of those were not working correctly. so instead of Disruptor and plasma only one of those would hit. Now is that simply because they only have 2.5 chance so they don't proc that often and you just might have more luch with the plasma proch than the disruptor proc (or vice versa) or are they blocking each other?

Rom. Plasma would be my absolute favourite weapons for my ships but not if its not working as intended

Comments

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Embassy consoles wont help with power levels.

To mention a few methods to reduce weapons power drain:
    100% uptime on emergency power to weapons
    Max points in Electro Plasma Systems
    Elite Spire warp/singularity core
    [EPS] field exciter or conductive RCS accelerator (or both)
    Supremacy
    Bounty Hunter's Friend
    Assimilated console + KCB 2 piece bonus
    DEM + Marion Frances Dulmur
    Emergency Weapon Cycle (Morrigu trait)

I would say the top 4 are most important.

I do not know the situation with Romulan Plasma weapons.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2015

eh, just so you know, that doesn't do a damn thing about weapon drain from firing your weapons; it resists against HOSTILE energy drain and that's it, as confirmed by borticus when i asked exactly what that whole resistance thing on the core was supposed to do after he said it didn't affect drain from firing weapons

unfortunately, that all happened in a thread on the old forums shortly before the move to vanilla, so i can't track the post down for confirmation since all my bookmarks got nuked during the switchover

EDIT: actually, i did manage to find it - seventh post down http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12543241​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User

eh, just so you know, that doesn't do a damn thing about weapon drain from firing your weapons; it resists against HOSTILE energy drain and that's it, as confirmed by borticus when i asked exactly what that whole resistance thing on the core was supposed to do after he said it didn't affect drain from firing weapons​​

What you say is true about the 10% resist, but the spire cores also come with 66% base regeneration rate, which was recently re-worded to 66% power transfer rate, aka EPS, which does help with weapons power during firing.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

eh, just so you know, that doesn't do a damn thing about weapon drain from firing your weapons; it resists against HOSTILE energy drain and that's it, as confirmed by borticus when i asked exactly what that whole resistance thing on the core was supposed to do after he said it didn't affect drain from firing weapons

What you say is true about the 10% resist, but the spire cores also come with 66% base regeneration rate, which was recently re-worded to 66% power transfer rate, aka EPS, which does help with weapons power during firing.

there are other cores that can get higher EPS than 66%; i don't know if they can also get AMP, but they do get higher EPS modifiers​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    Didn't Borticus said in some thread that the spire cores do not affect weapon power drain ? Just stuff like energy syphoons and similar ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Didn't Borticus said in some thread that the spire cores do not affect weapon power drain ? Just stuff like energy syphoons and similar ?

He said the 10% resist smokey mentioned...but the 66% power transfer rate does boost EPS transfer.

there are other cores that can get higher EPS than 66%; i don't know if they can also get AMP, but they do get higher EPS modifiers​​

The crafted/looted ones can get 100% I think...but I've never seen one with AMP...not saying it can't happen I've just never seen a loot/crafted one with AMP.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    If you're on a budget and you want the better power recovery, there are regular crafted / loot cores that give 100% instead of Spire Core's 66%. AFAIK, they do not get AMP though. Considering you can get these cores for cheap, it's not a bad deal at all.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you did the Summer Event and claimed the Ferengi Nandi you can use it's trait 'Greedy Emitters' to help mitigate weapon power cost. If you have access to this ship, you can slot that trait with a triggering ability that has a short cooldown (I recommend Tachyon Beam) and use that to proc Greedy Emitters every 30 seconds.

I see you have the Leech Console, are your Embassy Consoles all +Flow? That's what you need to buff the leech.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Embassy consoles wont help with power levels.

To mention a few methods to reduce weapons power drain:
    100% uptime on emergency power to weapons
    Max points in Electro Plasma Systems
    [EPS] field exciter or conductive RCS accelerator (or both)
    Supremacy
    Bounty Hunter's Friend
    Assimilated console + KCB 2 piece bonus
    DEM + Marion Frances Dulmur
    Emergency Weapon Cycle (Morrigu trait)

I would say the top 4 are most important.

I do not know the situation with Romulan Plasma weapons.

Embassy consoles alone won't help but Embassy consoles (+flow) + leech do increase the power levels and you get an extra plasma proc so extra DPS. Somehow i only needed the Morrigu trait and none of those Expensive Doffs and Lobi consoles. Even with 2 Embassy consoles +leech and EPtW i can keep my Energy at 1225 at all times.

Its interesting. I didn't change anything since i was lvl 52 but with every levle increase myenergy problem got smaller and smaller until it was gone. Like the traits/skills are getting more effective when you level up. But that makes no sense
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

Embassy consoles alone won't help but Embassy consoles (+flow) + leech do increase the power levels and you get an extra plasma proc so extra DPS. Somehow i only needed the Morrigu trait and none of those Expensive Doffs and Lobi consoles. Even with 2 Embassy consoles +leech and EPtW i can keep my Energy at 1225 at all times.

Its interesting. I didn't change anything since i was lvl 52 but with every levle increase myenergy problem got smaller and smaller until it was gone. Like the traits/skills are getting more effective when you level up. But that makes no sense

Well, past lvl 50 mob hp gets scaled up to ridiculous levels so the more you shoot them (which has to be alot at 60) the more your leech pays off. Leech simply is the holy grail of power management.