test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hangar pets flight speed

thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
Hangar pets cannot keep up with a ship if it flies faster than 50.

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I think it might be useful if you posted which ship and hangar pets you are using.

For some pets, like the ones that come with the Xindi Narcine carrier, it is known that they are rather slow by design.
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    I think it might be useful if you posted which ship and hangar pets you are using.

For some pets, like the ones that come with the Xindi Narcine carrier, it is known that they are rather slow by design.

Form my experience, it's an issue with all hanger pets. occasionally the fer-jai will keep up, but not predictably.​​
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Ok, while this may not be any kind of faulty code or broken functions, I must agree Hangar Pets don't follow very well when the carrier ship is flying at any kind of speed.

Been flying my Fleet T5-U Gal-X like a "Hot Rod" lately averaging speeds between 77-93, and my Advanced Delta Flyers have a terrible time keeping up.

Odd that a Galaxy Dreadnought can outmanuver a Delta Flyer... :p
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The secret to this is to use the "DOCK" option as your pets chase you down.

I have noticed that if you go far out from them and just TARGET an enemy, the hanger pets will slow down to "ALERT" mode like you would if you started attacking a target. So this reduces their speed big times and you will probably be finished with all the mobs before they even reach you.

When you have to move, click on DOCK and your pets will ignore everything and go straight to you to dock - even if you target/attack an enemy, their speed will not be changed. Once they are all inside your ship or close enough, switch to ATTACK mode and your set.
  • Options
    patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    this don't work for me. my pets keep firing on targets in Dock mode even without anything targeted.
    at least those who decided to follow me at all
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    The secret to this is to use the "DOCK" option as your pets chase you down.

I have noticed that if you go far out from them and just TARGET an enemy, the hanger pets will slow down to "ALERT" mode like you would if you started attacking a target. So this reduces their speed big times and you will probably be finished with all the mobs before they even reach you.

When you have to move, click on DOCK and your pets will ignore everything and go straight to you to dock - even if you target/attack an enemy, their speed will not be changed. Once they are all inside your ship or close enough, switch to ATTACK mode and your set.

Yes, I'm aware of proper carrier management. I'm simply trying to state that even with no enemies around and flying around at high-speeds hangar pets have difficulty keeping up with the carrier.

A modest boost to (non-combat?) speed would help with all these carriers that don't follow the "flying Brick" line of thought.

Edit: After finishing an enemy encounter (no enemies left) I just spent about 5 minutes playing 'follow the leader' with my advanced deltas, my average speed 87 impulse, they couldn't keep up in recall mode.
  • Options
    thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

All ships, all hangar pets.
  • Options
    lionsilverlionsilver Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    And need much larger docking recognition space for frigates.....they really have hard time to dock sometimes.....
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Docking work-around doesn't work on the Sarr Theln using its standard pets on a Fed Sci in Crystalline Catastrophe Advanced as the docking option itself most of the time fails to perform its function to actually recall all pets. I've sat there and waited a long time and they simply fail to respond.

With the upcoming Fed Carrier I hope they overhaul the entire pet situation and carrier commands not just their inability to keep up. A broken but brand new C-Store carrier will not sell as well as it could when its main features are bugged and poorly performing.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿