test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Antichroniton-Tetryon omni beam array cannot be equipped alongside Ancient omni AP beam array

sethpcsethpc Member Posts: 103 Arc User
A fleet member was complaining that they couldn't equip the Antichronton-Infused Tetryon omni beam array at the same time as the Ancient omni beam array. Curious, I checked it out, and verified that the two omni beam arrays cannot be equipped on a ship at the same time. I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. If it is working as intended, however, a heads-up to the community would be nice.

Comments

• robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    WAI. From this week's blog:
    The Omni-Directional Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Beam Array cannot be equipped at the same time as the Ancient Omni-Directional Beam Array.

They should probably add it to the item tooltip though.​​
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I can confirm this. But, I'm also aware the other Omni-D beams can be equipped together. The uniqueness only applies to the set and not to the fact that they are Omni-D. I could be wrong, but there are a lot of post that confirm players putting together the Omega Kinetic and Dyson Omni-D beams.
  • egreywalker2egreywalker2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    the anti-chron infused and the ancient can't be used together, but you can get at least three on a ship at one time. i currently have 1 crafted, the ancient and the kinetic on a cruiser.
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    There is still no news on whether this is intended or a bug. Can someone confirm one way or the other?​​
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    why would you want them together? they're not the same energy type

why would it matter?​​
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    ... walking away before the DSPers see that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Omni-Directional Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Beam Array cannot be equipped at the same time as the Ancient Omni-Directional Beam Array.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9502123-star-trek-online:-butterfly-now-live!

Clearly nobody read the first comment left in this thread. It IS intended that they aren't used together.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,233 Arc User
    A torp boat with DBB's would want them together and wouldn't care about energy type.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,803 Community Moderator
    Each ship is allowed to equip up to 3 omni style weapons to their ship currently. 1 kinetic cutting beam, 1 crafted omni directional beam, and 1 omni beam from the missions such as Butterfly or Sphere of Influence.

I can confirm as bobsled already did awhile back with the blog link that it is intentional for it to be this way.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    Thanks darkbladejk
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB