test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Future Undine Stories

The Undine were a major pain in our sides for a while, but now the truth has come out and we know they were tricked by the Iconians. The Command Bioship seemed as if it was going to help us fight off the Iconians but since we're about to end that threat and they're nowhere to be found, I'd say we're on our own. However I still think diplomatic ties should be opened up with the Undine at some point going forward. It might make more sense to leave each other alone but it would be worth forcing each other to sit down and talk in order to hopefully avoid such misunderstandings in the future.

Some Undine did sit down and talk it out with the Voyager crew so we know that at least some of them are willing to talk. Perhaps this group is the group we can speak with in the game? They got Kim Rhodes and Lisa LoCicero to reprise their characters in STO, so I think it would be neat if they were able to get Kate Vernon to reprise her character of Valerie Archer. Archer was actually an Undine disguised as a human but if they open up dialog with the Alpha-Beta Quadrant then it could take up its Valerie Archer form in order to communicate easier.

If they bring in the Valerie Archer Undine to speak for her people, then it would also make sense to bring in Admiral Chakotay as well since he had a connection with Valerie. Robert Beltran would be a welcome addition to the game anyway.

Another thing I'd like to see is an Undine Bridge Officer. They could take up a human, Klingon and Romulan form as their standard configuration, but then they could have a trait which allows them to temporarily revert to it's original form in order to attack enemies. I would also give them a similar immunity as the Photonic Lifeforms. Undine are immune to nearly any biological or technological intrusion and they can survive in a vacuum. This should carry over to the officer.

Anyway, I just think that we should return to the Undine someday and try to make peace.

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Would be cool, but Cryptic never actually goes back to something. They feel an insane need to charge off to the next big bad, then drop it and repeat..
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Well we're returning to the Tholians and the Terran Empire in New Dawn so I wouldn't rule out other returns in the future.
  • Options
    Well we're returning to the Tholians and the Terran Empire in New Dawn so I wouldn't rule out other returns in the future.
    ok then so you only have to wait nearly 6yrs :)
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    one problem with that. Robert Beltran, last I heard, wasn't fond of star trek.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

That's an understatement and a half.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

Lots of actors have had negative feelings towards Star Trek, but they still worked on Star Trek related projects anyway. Besides he hated working on that particular show, but coming in and doing voice work for Cryptic isn't the same.

• Options
    Wondered why we hadn't seen him, I rather liked his early character.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    If only that Voyager episode had come to fruition and the Undine had launched a full assault on the Alpha Quadrant in the 24th Century.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    It'd be a cool surprise if the Undine appeared out of nowhere to save the alliance collective asses in a critical moment in the current war...once we stop messing with the Krenim toy and actually get back to having a war of course.

Like the huge Herald dread primes up ready to blast another planet then it get's zapped itself from an Undine planet killer. Then the Undine mother brain comes on the comm and tells everyone that it's figured out the Iconians were responsible for all the mess and to beat them we need to do it together and blah blah.

We'll never be bosom buddies of course, but a temporary ceasefire perhaps?​​
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    It'd be a cool surprise if the Undine appeared out of nowhere to save the alliance collective asses in a critical moment in the current war...once we stop messing with the Krenim toy and actually get back to having a war of course.

Like the huge Herald dread primes up ready to blast another planet then it get's zapped itself from an Undine planet killer. Then the Undine mother brain comes on the comm and tells everyone that it's figured out the Iconians were responsible for all the mess and to beat them we need to do it together and blah blah.

We'll never be bosom buddies of course, but a temporary ceasefire perhaps?​​

That's kinda what I would've liked to see.

And maybe in the interests of diplomacy, each power is left with an openly-placed Undine observer. Not a hidden infiltrator (and on the flip side, also not a diplomat as if to suggest formal relations) but someone who makes his/her presence known instead of engaging in subterfuge. I think that would be just enough hope for the future without suggesting huge changes. Maybe we personally--the player--are on sort of OK terms with the observer, but this is not true of our faction's full hierarchy.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I don't care if they were manipulated...you don't get that demented from manipulation unless you're already messed up.

"We're strong! You're weak!" *Gets beat up and runs away* "Bothersome creatures...I'll get the Klingons to do my work for me!"

Personally I just want to be done with the Undine...annoying to fight and just annoying in general...I'd rather see more Tholian or something new...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Id we stop disturbing them, they stop disturbing us...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't care if they were manipulated...you don't get that demented from manipulation unless you're already messed up.

"We're strong! You're weak!" *Gets beat up and runs away* "Bothersome creatures...I'll get the Klingons to do my work for me!"

Personally I just want to be done with the Undine...annoying to fight and just annoying in general...I'd rather see more Tholian or something new...

There's no denying they're messed up. They have major ideological problems, like the pre-war Cardassians, except worse. I don't think anybody is arguing that fact. :)

But what we have seen with the Undine is that like with the Cardassians, individual Undine can be more intelligent and discerning than that, and can actually learn to at least respect humanoids enough to speak with them, even if not reach anything more than an uneasy detente.

For me, there is something compelling in the notion of such individuals, who have to go against God knows how many generations of upbringing, and very possibly the condemnation of their society (if not outright death threats and attempts on their lives), to try to get even incremental changes made. That right there is the core of good storytelling, and that's the reason I would be interested in more.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    How about doing a dark Star Trek story and have us stealing Iconian stuff to fool the Undine into attack them?

Or...

How about a mission about going into Fluidic space and begging them to help us?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    How about doing a dark Star Trek story and have us stealing Iconian stuff to fool the Undine into attack them?

Or...

How about a mission about going into Fluidic space and begging them to help us?

Hmm...I think for the latter, the smartest move is to find a remaining spy in our space to beg. I think that as soon as you start with the words "going into fluidic space" without permission, it'll set them off. ;) But finding someone in our space to try to get through to--that might be quite doable.

(As for the former, if the Undine realize what the Iconians did to them to dupe them into war already, I suspect they'd see through us and be extremely angry at another manipulation attempt.)

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I wonder if the destruction of the Iconians will bring a new (or old) enemy to power instantly and we'll have a war on our hands...
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »

For me, there is something compelling in the notion of such individuals, who have to go against God knows how many generations of upbringing, and very possibly the condemnation of their society (if not outright death threats and attempts on their lives), to try to get even incremental changes made. That right there is the core of good storytelling, and that's the reason I would be interested in more.

To be honest, that describes the Voth better than the Undine.

While it does also fit the Voth, I am thinking specifically of the episode with the replica Starfleet Academy where we see a few Undine come to at least respect humanoids enough to talk to them even if not really like or agree with them.