test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of the War #18

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
As the war rages on, the Alliance is calling upon every available member to do their part in fighting off the Iconians. Testing continues as Seven of Nine works with the Krenim in hopes of defeating the Iconians.

You can check out our latest Tales of the War piece here.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    Nice. Very nice. :)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    Very interesting read. I am curious to know what projects Admiral Janeway is doing?
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Whatever they are, I get the impression we're going to find out soon enough.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Oh, fun read this one - wonder what other irons are in the fire (since we're on the 'backup backup backup' Iconian defeat plan at this point)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    Fascinating...

Still to bad these couldn't be played out somehow in game as content... Since blogs come and go and seem to disappear over time, it might be nice to have these revealed as journals in-game after each mission is completed, that way, future players can enjoy the behind-the-scenes feel of these and their relevance to what is actually going on in the story...

Anyway, interesting that a former Borg drone and a Ferengi are the two who are most acting with conscience...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    L'Miren is awesome.

Now... as we've already screwed over with time once... can we get our "Trek" hats on and go make peace with the Undine (and other races with stupidly oversized beams of death.) for the survival of everyone (Caitains not included.)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Could this mean an appearance from the reckless Janeway on STO? oh god, i hope not...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    As the war rages on, the Alliance is calling upon every available member to do their part in fighting off the Iconians. Testing continues as Seven of Nine works with the Krenim in hopes of defeating the Iconians.

You can check out our latest Tales of the War piece here.

~LaughingTrendy

LaughingTrendy does this mean for the next episode we will see Admiral Janeway make her appearance on the STO Show ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    I can see it coming: Season 10.5's last episode, a familiar face steps out of the shadows near Admiral Quinn and then, paraphrased:

"Greetings, I'm Fleet Admiral Kathryn Janeway. Allow me to explain how to save the day and hit the reset button with style." voiced by Kate Mulgrew.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    You tease us with Janeway but I would be stunned if you got Kate Mulgrew in. I would throw money at you for something I don't even want just to thank you for it but chances are so slim.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    It's nice to read about what is going on in the background, particularly with Seven and Nog's concerns about the Timeship. I also get the feeling that we're going to have to deal with Noye in some way or form in the near future.

I do have to point out again that the stardates listed in this don't line up with past entries and logs. According to the dates listed, Seven sent those letters before the Heralds started attacking and while things with the Undine and Operation: Delta Rising were rolling.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    >Admiral Janeway shows up, drinking coffee
    >Says she's procured a ship powerful enough to deal with them
    >We fly the Enterprise J to the Iconian Sphere
    >Pew pew die Iconians!
    >War over
    >Exploration time.
  • thetrue413thetrue413 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    >Admiral Janeway shows up, drinking coffee
    >Says she's procured a ship powerful enough to deal with them
    >We fly the Enterprise J to the Iconian Sphere
    >Pew pew die Iconians!
    >War over
    >Exploration time.

When suddenly, we are thrown into an alternate universe where the Tholians have decided to attack us.
  • sarakitsarakit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Deleted - Accidentally Posted with my kids account not mine.
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Janeway?...

latest?cb=20110628005407
  • orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Please bring Janeway into STO...

..the anti-Janeway players rage will be....deliciousnormal-50.gif​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • tirianganimirtirianganimir Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Wouldn't the elimination of the transwarp network mean that Voyager didn't make it back early, but 20 years later? Might that be "how much we have lost already?"
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Nice to see more and more characters coming to their senses regarding that Annorax dread'. I hope too, that we'll see these "tales" as readable content in the game at some point. :smile: Not sure if Seven is helping by leaving the Kyana facility though. While there, she has access to their research and can channel more detailed information on the project to Admiral Janeway.

I had a feeling that Noye and the Krenim would be nothing but trouble. They believe they have the "mastery" to control the outcome of these incursions. At one point, Annorax may have gotten close to the vision necessary, but even that wasn't enough. The way the Krenim are now, they are playing with fire and they don't realize it. I think Noye will manipulate his kin into helping him. To try and take the ship and restore the Krenim Imperium, regardless of what happens to us.

What are Drake and the rest of Temporal Investigations are there for anyway? We got lucky and managed to correct sort-of-fix a potentially fatal mistake that would've cost the Romulans their lives, right off the bat. What'll happen next? The Vulcans skipping the Sundering? Archer never accepting command of the Enterprise? Troi never marrying Riker? The Queen develops conscience and instead of assimilating entire worlds she starts asking for volunteers and allowing drones to keep their free will? The Undine open vacation resorts in fluidic space?? Klingons taking up ballet???

Stop the Krenim before they cut us loose, pack up, and disappear with that thing! XD

I wonder what the good admiral is working on to help the war effort. Ablative armor generators for everyone? :3

What kind of card will we play this time? Do we make a pact with the devil (Borg) again? :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    sarakit wrote: »
    Wouldn't the elimination of the transwarp network mean that voyager didn't make it back early, but 20 years later?

my good friend, without the transwarp network, the borg would not of expanded enough for Q bring them up, furthermore, they would not have enough power/tech to even consider assaulting the undine, and when voyager encountered them each side would have no knoledge of eachother, voyager would of been destroyed, within a month at most, but if borg territory was small enough they could fly around, either way voyager would not be in the alpha quad (or might of been destroyed in krenim space). The vault would not be advanced as it currently is, the tal'shiar would not have borg tech. in 2409 federation and the klinks would not be at peace because we did not save their arses against the undine. The situtiation in the delta quad would be different, depending on who remained allies with the republic, The dyson sphere might of been taken by the voth, we might not of even gotten into the delta quad, which would mean that we did not encounter the krenem.

This is all what I gathered as I typed this, if I sat down and thank I could probably write, God knows how many, pages on this forum.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    For emphasis: "I will be in the Sol system soon. I look forward to seeing you and assisting on your current projects to help the war effort."

Janeway is involved in RnD of more conventional means to fight the war. Seven is looking to join her.

Janeway powered Galaxy X/Defiant/Sovereign/Flagship upgrades. Calling it. Any and all of em.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Wouldn't the elimination of the transwarp network mean that Voyager didn't make it back early, but 20 years later? Might that be "how much we have lost already?"

I think it eliminated that one network, there are multiple transwarp hubs.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    orionburst wrote: »
    Please bring Janeway into STO...

..the anti-Janeway players rage will be....deliciousnormal-50.gif​​

JANEWAY !

SHE'LL SAVE US ! :D

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

edited August 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    [...]

Janeway is involved in RnD of more conventional means to fight the war. Seven is looking to join her.

Janeway powered Galaxy X/Defiant/Sovereign/Flagship upgrades. Calling it. Any and all of em.

Well in VOY Endgame, Janeway's future counterpart travels back from 2404. STO is past that point but since Voyager's early return it's a different timeline and maybe we're still missing some technologies because of Voyager's compatibility issues. Yeah this could be about revealing all of Admiral Janeway's toys that helped Voyager get home. If that includes the cloak and the ablative armor generator in the package, I'm sold XD

/dreaming off

fyi I'd jump on a T6 Sovereign refit anyway ^^
    -
  • floppytechiefloppytechie Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    One thing that i havent seen anyone mention yet is that the signatures at the bottom gets more and more informal and personal after each additional letter.Its like Seven is getting more in touch with her humanity as the war progresses.Makes for an interesting thought :p
    Proud owner of every ship with hangers ingame
    Flagship - N.C.C.-99635-A U.S.S. Asterion

I support playable Typhoon class!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2015
    One thing that i havent seen anyone mention yet is that the signatures at the bottom gets more and more informal and personal after each additional letter.Its like Seven is getting more in touch with her humanity as the war progresses.Makes for an interesting thought :p

Yeah the last message seems to have been written after the weapon was fired. O.O It will be interesting to see what changed exactly :smile:

*pauses*

Perfect time to give Andor a facelift! :smiley:

And / Or to add some land maps to explore Trillius Prime, Betazed and Ferenginar.
    Post edited by kelettes on
    -
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    raj011 wrote: »
    Very interesting read. I am curious to know what projects Admiral Janeway is doing?

Same here. I would love to hear more from kate mulgrew. On the nemesis movie, her character played 2 mins of role time overall. How about instead of giving just orders, maybe comments, ect through out an entire episode or two on star trek online. Obviously this would take time between getting kate to agree & getting staff involvled. With her involved voice & character, I guarantee STO would gain additional popularity.
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    sarakit wrote: »
    Wouldn't the elimination of the transwarp network mean that voyager didn't make it back early, but 20 years later?

my good friend, without the transwarp network, the borg would not of expanded enough for Q bring them up, furthermore, they would not have enough power/tech to even consider assaulting the undine, and when voyager encountered them each side would have no knoledge of eachother, voyager would of been destroyed, within a month at most, but if borg territory was small enough they could fly around, either way voyager would not be in the alpha quad (or might of been destroyed in krenim space). The vault would not be advanced as it currently is, the tal'shiar would not have borg tech. in 2409 federation and the klinks would not be at peace because we did not save their arses against the undine. The situtiation in the delta quad would be different, depending on who remained allies with the republic, The dyson sphere might of been taken by the voth, we might not of even gotten into the delta quad, which would mean that we did not encounter the krenem.

This is all what I gathered as I typed this, if I sat down and thank I could probably write, God knows how many, pages on this forum.

[style color=#FF9900] Even with the transwarp network destroyed that does not make a difference. We are currently able to travel to the delta quadrant simply through the Jenolian Sphere. If that still exists throughout the storyline, anyone including the borg have the ability to travel between quadrants. [/style]
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yeah ! Now that you mention it, I see it too! I wonder if this is somehow an unintended consequence of the timeline change, they've yet to discover.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    I'm scared. For the first time since I joined Starfleet, I'm truly frightened.
  • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Could this mean an appearance from the reckless Janeway on STO? oh god, i hope not...

I hope so!

I know it's a long shot but I REALLY want to see Kathryn Mulgrew reprise Janeway in this arc. I know when Janeway seems to be the voice of reason you've really gone off the deep end but I think we've MORE than gone off the deep end with the Krenim technology. I've been - in my head canon - vocally against using it at every opportunity and Butterfly proved me right (as if anyone had a doubt).

(Side note: Did the writing of Butterfly even watch Year of Hell? You don't need temporal shielding forever, just for the initial incursion. We should all remember everything... at least those of us shielded).

Anyway, I want to see Janeway!