test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shared Fleet credit pool.

anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
Just a crazy idea... And i'll get right to the point.

I have more fleet-credits than I'd ever need...

Would a shared pool of fleet credits where I, and people like me, could donate to, and allow some of the newer, less fortunate and newer fleet members to use from to buy their new fleet gear?
Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas

Comments

• Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Or let us buy something crazy expensive for them that can be traded.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    With my main sitting steady at 2,000,000 fleet credits (and recovering to that level quickly after purchases), I would love to leave donations for new fleetmates (which, admittedly, may well go to my alts within the same fleet). Still, yeah, I'd be on board with that.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ermmmm the new Lab holding requires you to spend about 150.000 - 250.000 fleet credits on the +1 trait slots etc

so there is a need for them :p unless you have already got the above (which you need T3 lab holding before you can get)

pig-1.gif​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I like this idea. We can already share EC and dilithium between characters, it would be nice to be able to share fleet credits directly between alts.

Especially on newer characters it can be difficult to earn new credits quickly, with all the other things newer characters must do like collecting marks for seven reputations and going through episodes. It's much easier on a character that's already well geared and which doesn 't need the fleet credit anyway.

Since someone, be it a fleet mate or the same player but on a different character, will still have to play a mission or spend resources to get the Fleet Credits, there wouldn't be any negative side effects I think.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    Biggest problem I have with fleet credit on alts isn't earning the marks, it's having somewhere to put them. Our entire Armada from the big fleets to the small is hung up on the same thing: Doffs. If they got rid of the Doff requirements for projects, the projects would kick over a lot more often, and everybody would have an easier time getting credit.

I do support some method of donating fleet credit to a central pool, with similar controls to what you see on the fleet bank for withdrawal limits. Would be nice for the newer players to be sure.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg