test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lost Item in Mail System - No Longer A Reliable Means for Transfering to Alts

alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
[2:41] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,640,021.

Title: Emailed Item Vanished Losing Large Sum of Game Credits
Category: Items

"I sent Federation Duty Officer "Roulau" which I acquired from the Exchange for 2,500,000 EC on my Tactical KDF Orion Female Aeniieia@alcyoneserene and sent it via mail to my Science KDF Orion Female Aelorrh@alcyoneserene using the @handle whch autocompleted it to my other KDF character (Aelorrh) ensuring I did NOT make any mistake in the destination, and it did not show up on the receiving end of her or the sender or the Federation Character Alcyone (the intended destination). The Duty Officer is also no longer on Aeniieia from both a careful manual search, and by looking at the roster number (99 out of 100, which was 100 out of 100 upon purchase). I would kindly require being recompensated for this Krenim Fed duty officer, and the problem be looked into so the mail system is no longer clearly unreliable, making it a complete hasstle to transfer items such as Duty Officers across Alts for which the Shared Bank does not allow."

Let me be clear, once again, that the destination was 100% accurate. I use the @handle method to be fully sure the system recognizes my own characters as a secondary verification that there are NO TYPOS. The Duty Officer was placed in the 1st box, and the email sent. Nothing appeared.

I have used this email method of transfer extensively, and only now have I encountered what someone else also described as it bugging out and deleting his item(s) which may well be of considerable value.

This is the second ticket I submit within a week relating to lost or improperly bugged items.

The wider issue is I no longer can rely on an email system that clearly has bugs, and transferring via exchange is excessively time-consuming. Let me be clear that 3 of my characters are Mains, that I spend cash on occasionally. This locks me out of a feature (shared bank account) that I have already paid for, since it cannot handle Duty Officers.

Unless the duty officer is returned to me, and the wider issue of the Failure of the Mailing system to be reliable is addressed, I will consider this yet another unsolved game problem that has yet again been neglected unless I reply back to this topic that it was resolved.
Y945Yzx.jpg
Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
· ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
«» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

Comments

• Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    The mail system isn't only scrambling duty officers like poor Cyrus Ramsey, I sent the Astkia cruiser to one of my alts and it is gone. Poof! I don't think the devs can find the logs. I don't want a story about how if you guys "Can't find it, so it did not happen." I just want my cruiser back. Also my Elite Fleet Combat Impulse Engine has disappeared from my bank. I did not delete it I can assure you. I use it for Tour of the Galaxy and then it goes right back where it was. I have been emailing support and it's been 6 days now since I lost it. Not to mention they say they have sent it to my captain. They send me a regular Combat Impulse engine... -_- I'm not sure if they mixed up an item ID or they are trying to be sly and see if I did not notice. It still is in my inventory stating account bind on equip. I took screens and sent it to them. No response yet. I agree fully with you though, Perfect World thinks they can get away with all these bugs. Well I hate to say it but people are going to boycott buying zen for this game. Maybe when their source of income drys up, they will fix these bugs.
  • Options
    athynzathynz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Gotta love the support they give.../sarcasm

I just went through loosing items and filing a bug report...

I had opened several YoH lockboxes in batches of 10 (yeah I USED TO spend more than a bit of real money in Zen - more on that in a bit) and out of about 30 boxes 4 did not yield anything - no lobi, no other rewards, just lost keys and lost boxes. During this time I put a Tuffli class freighter on the exchange for 190 million EC - no one bought it because of others lowballing (imagine that!) and when the sale was up it was never sent back to me. No EC, no ship, nothing.

Contacting cryptic was a joke. I submitted a ticket (Year of Hell lockbox issues [Incident: 150802-002431]) and first dealt with Ashynt who posted the standard boilerplate force verify. When that did not work I told support who then assigned Perzes to handle it. I suppose he wasn't able to help much as I did not have an exact time or date when the issues with the loxboxes happened. So then it got assigned to Eypreel who said there was nothing they could do about the loxboxes and that - according to him (her?) the ship was still on the exchange... 11 days after it was put on there despite an item I put on there a day later being sent to my mailbox 5 days after I posted it.

So good, good job Eypreel, now Cryptic lost not only my monthly subscription but also anywhere between $100 and $200/m in zen purchases. A drop in the bucket to Cryptic I'm sure but I refuse to contribute financially to a company that provides such slip shod customer support.