What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constitution Class Fun

2»

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,384 Arc User
    Because of the lag, I've mothballed all my end game ships and been flying around in my Connie.

It's actually a ridiculous amount of fun!

It also gave me a chance to play with Demo Record

Ship build... http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=dpsconnie_6927

I was thinking BFAW and plasma explosions at first, but instead i viewed a nice torpedo setup.
    Hopefully this will get more people interested in torpedo builds.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Because of the lag, I've mothballed all my end game ships and been flying around in my Connie.

Ship build... http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=dpsconnie_6927

I was thinking BFAW and plasma explosions at first, but instead i viewed a nice torpedo setup.
    Hopefully this will get more people interested in torpedo builds.​​

With only 3 weapons and 1 science console slot and an ensign tac, you wouldn't get enough plasma explosion procs to make it viable. That's why it's better to have a couple of clicky consoles to give additional damage.

Plus with 3 projectile weapons cd doffs, the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo is awesome!!!
    animated.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    flash525 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    [snip]
    You need a Sarcasm Detector. :wink:

It's the internet, everything is taken as a deadly serious statement in order to maximise offence. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Hopefully this will get more people interested in torpedo builds.

With only 3 weapons and 1 science console slot and an ensign tac, you wouldn't get enough plasma explosion procs to make it viable. That's why it's better to have a couple of clicky consoles to give additional damage.

Plus with 3 projectile weapons cd doffs, the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo is awesome!!!

Have you tried a Reman or Romulan space set? Combine that with romulan hyper plasma torpedo and high yield even lifts a shuttle up to roughly T3 ship capacity.
    ​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options

Hopefully this will get more people interested in torpedo builds.

Have you tried a Reman or Romulan space set? Combine that with romulan hyper plasma torpedo and high yield even lifts a shuttle up to roughly T3 ship capacity.
    ​​

I'm favouring the Adapted Maco 2pc for the 32% projectile dmg, and the CC deflector for even more.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    To each their own. The increased speed of the projectiles and the impact of high yield is a huge bonus and too good to pass up in my opinion.

Another funny trick for use with torpedoes: ionized gas sensor. It's basically a 360 degree, high yield torpedo with the option of seeking out cloaked ships.​​
  • Options
    To each their own. The increased speed of the projectiles and the impact of high yield is a huge bonus and too good to pass up in my opinion.

Another funny trick for use with torpedoes: ionized gas sensor. It's basically a 360 degree, high yield torpedo with the option of seeking out cloaked ships.​​

The problem with high yield is that it's single target. I'm favouring top spread because not only is it 3 targets, but they always hit... and if the target is already dead, they'll find another.

Most of my damage actually comes from the plasma burn anyway
    animated.gif
  • Options
    CLR—Infected Space[2:34]— Dmg(DPS) — McLaughlin 4,847,629(37,579)

:smiley:
    animated.gif