test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constitution Class Fun

jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
Because of the lag, I've mothballed all my end game ships and been flying around in my Connie.

It's actually a ridiculous amount of fun!

It also gave me a chance to play with Demo Record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzu6IUlPhco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzubtgndv0M

CLR—Infected Space[4:26]— Dmg(DPS) — McLaughlin 7,084,107(27,039)

Ship build... http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=dpsconnie_6927

animated.gif

Comments

• Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    "Kirk" McLaughlin is too OP, plz nerf !!! xD
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    i-m-captain-kirk-o.gif
    picard_clapping.gif
    200x200px-ZC-0361a57d_Picard-full-of-win.jpeg

10characters.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    I recently leveled my entire delta recruit in a T1 Constitution. You really need to stay ahead of teh gear curve to make it work, but it really IS fun. love your camera work, btwe :)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I recently leveled my entire delta recruit in a T1 Constitution. You really need to stay ahead of teh gear curve to make it work, but it really IS fun. love your camera work, btwe :)

Hehe thanks.

You also have to learn a completely different way of flying, because with only a 13K hull, you pretty much get one shotted by everything in advanced queues! :smiley:
    animated.gif
  • Options
    SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Go jay go 30k next incomming

Just need one lag-free day
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I heard a small 'pop' sound during the first vid.
    Was it Geko's head exploding by any chance ?
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    Awesome videos I so want to try this some time once I've finished doing some grinding :D
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    zobovor wrote: »
    Or it was CBS pulling the plug because they clearly said "No Endgame Connie".
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User

Let me get this straight.
    CBS are okay with the Federation flying Dominion ships, assimilated ships, Tholian ships, ships from the 29th century, Terran Empire ships proudly displaying their I.S.S. Prefix.... but an upgraded Constitution is somehow too far?
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    lizwei wrote: »

CBS are okay with the Federation flying Dominion ships, assimilated ships, Tholian ships, ships from the 29th century, Terran Empire ships proudly displaying their I.S.S. Prefix.... but an upgraded Constitution is somehow too far?

Yes. They are against it because of its status as Kirks ship not because it's too old, not because it would be silly to fly, not for any other reason people give. Simply because they don't want Kirk's ships (TOS or refit) available as an endgame ship, because you could guarantee everybody and their mum would be flying it, thus reducing its uniqueness. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Yes. They know not everyone can get lockbox ships. (And if everyone would get them, they'd get stinking filthy rich.)

I am not sure if there is more than that at work. Brand and marketing are a thing I am not an expert in. I tend to think that it's a bit overrated, but it might be that it's also overrated in the audiences, so basically it's not overrated after all. :)
    Most of the ships you see in STO - they are not major brand identifiers. Only a subset of Trek fans even know what an Undine ship looks like. (Or that Undine = Species 8472)
    But anyone even vaguely familiar with Trek will know the original Enterprise. And so they want to ensure it's a rarity, something valuable and unique. And without it not being endgame material, it will remain unique.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Had a couple of people message me to see a normal video, so here's a pug run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpHNvvgFz4&feature=youtu.be

I do have to say I usually die at least once in pugs... 13K hull makes you beyond squishy! But this pug was particularly generous with heals. :smiley:
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Yes. They know not everyone can get lockbox ships. (And if everyone would get them, they'd get stinking filthy rich.)

I am not sure if there is more than that at work. Brand and marketing are a thing I am not an expert in. I tend to think that it's a bit overrated, but it might be that it's also overrated in the audiences, so basically it's not overrated after all. :)
    Most of the ships you see in STO - they are not major brand identifiers. Only a subset of Trek fans even know what an Undine ship looks like. (Or that Undine = Species 8472)
    But anyone even vaguely familiar with Trek will know the original Enterprise. And so they want to ensure it's a rarity, something valuable and unique. And without it not being endgame material, it will remain unique.

What, and the D isn't well known or something?
    I think this idea that everybody would be flying Constitutions is grossly exagerrated. You'd get some, yes, but no more than are flying Galaxies.

What is this idea that the Constitution should be "unique" anyway? It never was in TOS. Hell in one episode you see 5 of them.
    Plus, for a so-called iconic ship they really are treating her badly - the movie era Constitution is very sub-standard, especially when they've upgraded the models of virtually every other canon class.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User

What, and the D isn't well known or something?
    I think this idea that everybody would be flying Constitutions is grossly exagerrated. You'd get some, yes, but no more than are flying Galaxies.

What is this idea that the Constitution should be "unique" anyway? It never was in TOS. Hell in one episode you see 5 of them.
    Plus, for a so-called iconic ship they really are treating her badly - the movie era Constitution is very sub-standard, especially when they've upgraded the models of virtually every other canon class.

1. And 4 of them got destroyed by the supercomputer test-run.

2. Why the complaints? This very thread just shows the ship is end-game ready :p
  • Options
    1. And 4 of them got destroyed by the supercomputer test-run.

*None of them.
    The crew of one of them were all killed, presumably because it's life support systems were contracted out to Microsoft.
    Besides I'm not sure arguing that Constitutions not named Enterprise were often cannon fodder does any favours to the unique argument.
    2. Why the complaints? This very thread just shows the ship is end-game ready :p

Facetiousness aside, I'm more concerned about the movie era (aka best) Constitution. It needs some serious love.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Pretty cool videos.. I enjoyed the camera work and the music. Very creative.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I used to do the cluster patrols with mine when they had them. I was mostly using the Connie Refit. You really had to focus on what you was doing and time things out.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    yes, I run with MC and yes he dies quite a bit in the connie... he also does a stupid amount of damage if someone keeps the fire off him and heals him. It's quite sad that he does better than the pugs we run with
  • Options
    I'm really loving the new 'Invincible' trait from the Zahl cruiser!
    animated.gif
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    How is the Connie unique when EVERYONE (Federation that is) gets one for free? At the beginning of the game no less.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

farmallm wrote: »
    I used to do the cluster patrols with mine when they had them. I was mostly using the Connie Refit. You really had to focus on what you was doing and time things out.

I have the A as well. Gonna do some stuff with that at some point too :smile:
    animated.gif
  • Options
    rekurzion wrote: »
    How is the Connie unique when EVERYONE (Federation that is) gets one for free? At the beginning of the game no less.

It's a C Store ship?
    animated.gif
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User

One of the most epic ships in Star Trek, but yet we can't get a T5/T6 version. To play around with.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    ::thumbs-up:: to the OP. Well done.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User

It's a C Store ship?

Ah. Quick trigger finger. I wasn't thinking about the C-Store ship but the Cruiser you get - which I believe is a Constitution class(?) - for leveling up. Regardless, much of the reasoning I've read doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User

It's a C Store ship?

Ah. Quick trigger finger. I wasn't thinking about the C-Store ship but the Cruiser you get - which I believe is a Constitution class(?) - for leveling up. Regardless, much of the reasoning I've read doesn't make a lot of sense.
    That would be the Miranda-class. The contemporary to our T2 (movie style) Constitution.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »

One of the most epic ships in Star Trek, but yet we can't get a T5/T6 version. To play around with.

Now I wanna pull that out and toss in some of my lying around gear and go shoot some Iconians somewhere. Because dammit, I wanna!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Yes. They are against it because of its status as Kirks ship not because it's too old, not because it would be silly to fly, not for any other reason people give. Simply because they don't want Kirk's ships (TOS or refit) available as an endgame ship, because you could guarantee everybody and their mum would be flying it, thus reducing its uniqueness.
    I suppose by that logic, they don't want to give us a T5/T6 Miranda Class because it was Khan's ship? :blush: Funny how we saw loads of them in the Dominion War. What about a T5/T6 Oberth Class, they don't belong to anybody. :lol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    flash525 wrote: »
    Yes. They are against it because of its status as Kirks ship not because it's too old, not because it would be silly to fly, not for any other reason people give. Simply because they don't want Kirk's ships (TOS or refit) available as an endgame ship, because you could guarantee everybody and their mum would be flying it, thus reducing its uniqueness.
    I suppose by that logic, they don't want to give us a T5/T6 Miranda Class because it was Khan's ship? :blush: Funny how we saw loads of them in the Dominion War. What about a T5/T6 Oberth Class, they don't belong to anybody. :lol:

Nope. Kirk had the Conni for 3-5 series and all but 1 of the TOS films. Khan had the Miranda for part of 1 film. The only ship that comes near the Conni in the iconic status is the Galaxy, even then, more people (especially non fans) are going to know Kirk and the Conni. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    [snip]​​
    You need a Sarcasm Detector. :wink:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222