test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hanger Pets Not Available On Equipment Vendors?

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
They were there last night?

Effecting ESD and K7!

Comments

• skywhaleexpressskywhaleexpress Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    No info from the devs.some other threads talking about hangar pets being sad and ex sad due to "exploits" but the only exploits I can find are regarding a console that people are mad is going to be nerfed
  • fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I just started a new fleet, now I can't build a starbase until there's some kind of fix :/

>}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• reaperreborn64reaperreborn64 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Eh Things like this wouldn't happen if they had a real programming staff and QA team that did their jobs before things was released. what i've heard is it had something to do with level matching and stuff associated with that. so now the player base gets screwed cause they failed .
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I think there recently was a thread about a possible exploit with those hangar pets. Apparently you could make a lot of EC by buying and selling them again. They probably removed those pets from the vendors until they can fix it. And in typical fashion forgot to mention this in the patch notes.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I think there recently was a thread about a possible exploit with those hangar pets. Apparently you could make a lot of EC by buying and selling them again. They probably removed those pets from the vendors until they can fix it. And in typical fashion forgot to mention this in the patch notes.

They are BOP so I don't know how they could have gotten around that?

I'm thinking that the pets leveled with your Captain instead of you having to buy new ones each rank that was the problem.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Just found out about this today after trying to equip my Command Cruiser with something other than the To'Duj Fighters it came with. Asked around and no one even knew about it so I came here. Thankfully this thread was still on the first page or else I would have thought it was just me with the issue.

Chop off one bug and two others shall take its place. Hail Cryptic!

:p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited August 2015
    I just like the Danube Runabouts for my Alts.

Anywhere else I can get these?

From a ship or mission?

Cryptic, if you can't fix this soon please put them in the Dilithium or Zen Store.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • myklodmyklod Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    The dil store ones are still there. Nothing from the regular vendors though.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Hmm....http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199030/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-august-4-2015
    Resolved an issue that was causing the Energy Credit price of some leveless items to fluctuate with the players' levels.
    Technically speaking hangar pets are "leveless". So perhaps this coincides with your theory?

And we did get an official answer about it when someone said they'd be happy to buy pets at the EC vendor.
    Apparently there was some issue with the Internap circuit. The networking team has been working on it.

@thlaylierah there was an exploit that made Hanger Pets sad as well as EC sad. That's why.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    So now, because of an "exploit", we have Fleet construction projects that are non-completable and non-cancelable?

Excuse me, devs, but something seems seriously wrong with that. Can we get the inputs in the projects changed or something?

Good point. I forget which unlock project it is, but 1 fleet in my KDF armada has an unlock project that has everything filled except the 5 To'Duj Fighter hangar pets. I was gonna fill it for them but then remembered that those pets you buy from an EC vendor and currently we can't buy them. :'(
    It's real sad that they are taking so long for this.

Again, "Stop The Presses!" Stop working on anything and everything that doesn't have to do with getting this fixed.

I won't be buying anything until this gets fixed.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    This should have been resolved alongside today's patch.

As for the complaints about how long it took ... we had to turn off the Store as soon as the EC Exploit was verified internally, so as to prevent it from exacerbating the issue. The fix for the exploit was applied in the very next patch that went live to Holodeck, 6 days later.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    Thank You Bort, I hope the exploiters were severely dealt with.

Give em an extra slap for me please, HATE exploiters.