test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armada: Skill Point bonus NOT working for mission rewards

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I did some tests with alternates. For specialization bonus is working as intended but only "per kill" and not for the entire mission event. For instance, if you do infected advanced STF you do get a bump for killing "each" ship respectively corresponding to your %Spec bonus for your fleet.

However, once the event is over and you get the mission completion rewards you still get "only" 2409 in skill points with NO Spec bonus (regardless if you are or not in an armada fleet). I did not notice the % increase in bonus. Is this working as intended?
DUwNP.gif

Post edited by crusader2007 on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Was it on your Delta Recruit???? And are you in a Gamma Fleet???

I was seeing this earlier on my character, also. I wrote about it on the other thread:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196842/does-bonus-skill-points-actually-work-from-armada

I am thinking it does not effect everyone....I just don't know under what circumstances. Delta Recruit / Gamma Fleet is as far as I got with it this morning. I haven't had time to test any other scenario. I will later on tonight, though.

All my math and numbers are on the trouble ticket I submitted. Uh...It is posted in the other thread.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Oh, and another thing to note: first time I ran those missions on that character. (OK...I am slow)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Was it on your Delta Recruit???? And are you in a Gamma Fleet???

I was seeing this earlier on my character, also. I wrote about it on the other thread:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196842/does-bonus-skill-points-actually-work-from-armada

I am thinking it does not effect everyone....I just don't know under what circumstances. Delta Recruit / Gamma Fleet is as far as I got with it this morning. I haven't had time to test any other scenario. I will later on tonight, though.

All my math and numbers are on the trouble ticket I submitted. Uh...It is posted in the other thread.

I heard Delta Recruits were bugged with all sorts of stuff. These were regular characters and not DR. I tested them on STFs and only worked partially as per kill not NO difference whatsover on last mission reward XP. It is bugged since I actually get more XP skill points from a mission reward than as per kill.

Sorry I did not see your former posting but it was almost way down there on the general threads...dont think the regular player is paying that much attention except for just filling fleets with Armadas...looks like they are trying to pull a fast one with NO clear BONUS reward as promised. normal-28.gif
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif

Hmmm...interesting.

Well, I ran a quick mission on my Level 60 character tonight...
    I see the same thing as I saw on my Delta Recruit, so that kinda rules out Delta Recruit issue.

All I can compare is: the rewards as listed in the mission window...and what I gain when I collect said reward.

Skill points reward listed in the mission window = 881
    Skill points I collected at the end of mission = 860

Note...I checked the fly-in/notification in the chat window AND confirmed it by doing the math on the specialization points accrued. Both places confirm I received 860 skill points.

I am rewarded exactly 2.5% less than what is listed as my reward when I start the mission.
    That is my Armada bonus, missing.

860 (2.5%) = 21.5
    860 + 21 = 881

So, it is calculating something in the mission window as the reward when I start it.
    It is wonky somewhere because it should match what I collect.

I do not think this is actually happening to everyone, either.
    There would be more noise on the Forums about it.

Ticket number: successfully submitted ticket ID number 3,602,295.

+++++++++++

Note: The skill points gained for doing missions and episodes listed as the base on the Wiki, no longer matches what is actually given out in the game. So, there really is no way for me to check this further.

Any updates from a DEV on this one?​​
    DUwNP.gif

It would be nice to see a "word" from them about this...but they must be busy with much stuffs.

I guess it's not a priority after all the fuss about "bonus" reward fleets might get from an Armada...whats the use of doing this Armada then? Just because of the Apha's attractive personality normal-50.gif​​
    DUwNP.gif

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It would be nice to see a "word" from them about this...but they must be busy with much stuffs.

Like dealing with the departure of a key staff member. :( I hope we get an announcement soon of who is going to be the new QA contact on the forums, and that that person will take the time to acknowledge bugs here like crypticfronst sometimes did.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Kills are definitely boosted by slightly more than my Armada stats, should be 7% but I'm seeing 9%. Not tried a mission yet but will check.

That is pretty inaccurate math for a computer program. :wink:

I have yet to figure out if there are any Armada skill point bonuses being added to DOFF assignments at all.

edited July 2015
    After patch of July 30...did "Night of the Comet" on my Delta Recruit. Same-o, same-o.

Skill points rewards calculated by program at start of mission: 8487
    Skill point reward collected at the end of the mission: 8280 (short by 2.5% Armada Bonus)

I will do some more testing over the weekend too. Too bad that this is being overlooked. The support tickets I placed only said to put submit a bug here and on game which I did. Hope to get some resolution soon to this matter.​​
    DUwNP.gif

Any news to this bug? It is still broken.​​
    DUwNP.gif