test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash in Voth Battlezone Returns!

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
To help celebrate another dilithium bonus weekend, I am proud to announce the return (or possibly unfixed!) of a crash in the Voth Battlezone.

Stay away from General Foluma, or at least try killing him (or any mini-boss) without activating all your powers at once (also known as an Alpha Strike), since I'm under the impression one (or more) of these powers activated will cause an error that eventually results in your client crashing.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy your dilithium bonus weekend in the Voth Battlezone to the best of your ability.
ExtxpTp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Well, afaik, it has nothing to do with the "mini boss". Although I dieded once yesterday, right when I've taken down General Eknar (as an Engineer, alone - just for reference, no alpha striker in the vicinity at this point in time)

After joining again, I went straight back to the transporter pad, only to find somebody else fighting yet another General...aye, fock it I thought, went straight into battle at full charge and we finished him off...only this time I didn't crashed back to desktop.

Up to this point though, I was having this hunch too, but now, I'm not so sure anymore.

So yeah, anyways, it is still not fixed, (already confirmed by frost)
    This and the remaining Zaria crashes are from the same root issue, as I understand things. We are aware of it and are working on a fix. As stated in the Zaria thread, I'm not a programmer so I don't know why this is proving so difficult to fix.

"Secure Voth Points" - for me, it is still 99.8% of the time at outskirts :)
  • Options
    Well, afaik, it has nothing to do with the "mini boss". Although I dieded once yesterday, right when I've taken down General Eknar (as an Engineer, alone - just for reference, no alpha striker in the vicinity at this point in time)

After joining again, I went straight back to the transporter pad, only to find somebody else fighting yet another General...aye, fock it I thought, went straight into battle at full charge and we finished him off...only this time I didn't crashed back to desktop.

Up to this point though, I was having this hunch too, but now, I'm not so sure anymore.

So yeah, anyways, it is still not fixed, (already confirmed by frost)
    This and the remaining Zaria crashes are from the same root issue, as I understand things. We are aware of it and are working on a fix. As stated in the Zaria thread, I'm not a programmer so I don't know why this is proving so difficult to fix.

"Secure Voth Points" - for me, it is still 99.8% of the time at outskirts :)

I believe General Faluma is the mini-boss in the Outskirts, so I think that matches with the current theory of something in that particular section of the battlezone causing the crashes.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    I was under the impression that there are several generals. Is there an official source you've got available about this? A quick google search didn't spit out much though.
  • Options
    I was under the impression that there are several generals. Is there an official source you've got available about this? A quick google search didn't spit out much though.

Nope. I can probably jump back into the VBZ and take a screenshot if I linger there long enough.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    "several generals" meaning no "the" mini boss per se, afaik.

from my observations there are:

- outskirs: there are several named Voth Generals, wandering around + minions

- city: several mech bots, one close to the transporter pad, another two or so placed close to a ramp

- park: one mid size dino, lots of hp + minions

- also, when there are lots of players at a point, especially in park, several General Models (not named this time) and mid sized Dinos spawn together with Mechs, all are much easier to kill compared to their counterparts

Edit: the screenshot which I've taken yesterday, classic ^^

9bZI9BF.jpg

Edit 2: just realized that there was another dude behind the General, maybe he was doing the alpha thang then... maybe you are right after all.
  • Options
    "several generals" meaning no "the" mini boss per se, afaik.

from my observations there are:

- outskirs: there are several named Voth Generals, wandering around + minions

- city: several mech bots, one close to the transporter pad, another two or so placed close to a ramp

- park: one mid size dino, lots of hp + minions

- also, when there are lots of players at a point, especially in park, several General Models (not named this time) and mid sized Dinos spawn together with Mechs, all are much easier to kill compared to their counterparts

Edit: the screenshot which I've taken yesterday, classic ^^

9bZI9BF.jpg

Edit 2: just realized that there was another dude behind the General, maybe he was doing the alpha thang then... maybe you are right after all.

I think it's incidental rather than causal. I don't know enough about the back-end of things at Cryptic to make an informed opinion on the matter. But I've noticed I crash more when there's a lot of powers being activated at the same time in the outskirts.

I've also tried to get a screenshot of General Faluma, but I keep crashing before I get to that point. So I'll just say "Sure", because there is no information sources out there to say which mini-bosses spawn where, at least nothing that I am able to find.

So, my emotional logic tells me that General Faluma was also in the outskirts. But I don't think the crashes are necessarily tied to the mini-bosses, it's just coincidental. I've crashed without the mini-bosses around the last two times.

I don't think I'm going to the Outskirts anymore, and I hope to Sisko I never get the Outskirts as a mission for capturing 2 Voth points during the Dilithium Weekend.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yeah I think so too. I also crashed when there was no mini boss" around (at least not within my personal viewing distance) Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't. You can still go to outskirts and clear these points, 98% guaranteed (hint, hint) ;)

ALrwFFF.jpg

Apart from that, I remember some dev talking about some grass (not sure/can't remember... if textures or model/objects) are/ may be the cause of these crashes. That was before the first "fix" went live though... don't quote me on that.

I just wish that, after all this time, someone with more knowledge could step in and... man up, you know? ^^
  • Options
    I think if they knew, they'd have not only said something -- but they'd have fixed it. Crypticfrost says he's not a programmer, so he doesn't know either.

I think it's entirely possible they don't know what's causing it. If they don't know what's causing it, they aren't going to say anything.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    that makes me even more sad :s It's been so long, I miss the rex at outskirts ^^
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Returned?? what makes you think it ever got fixed? fools.. ^^
  • Options
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    Returned?? what makes you think it ever got fixed? fools.. ^^

We've figured that out but thx.., you should read more carefully before you post.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    The game crashed twice on me this weekend while I was in the Voth Battlezone. One time I was fighting a Voth general; the other time I was not. I was in a team both times. I don't know if any of these conditions is related to the crashes.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The battle zone crash is still there after today's (07/30/15) patch. It only happens (for me) in the outskirts. I can run the other two zones with no issue.
  • Options
    warchunwarchun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Confitmed still crashing and no friging response from the devs
  • Options
    warchun wrote: »
    Confitmed still crashing and no friging response from the devs

Wrong:
  • Options
    ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    The crash was never gone and it always happens to me in the outskirts zone. I have not checked back on Zaria in month but I guess the same crash is still there.

Does cryptic even test their patches?
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Anyone having this issue, and if possible, try downgrading your graphics drivers to ones from around April 2013 ( yeah, I know). If it goes away then they never fixed it.

Something happened with AMD/nVidia drivers after that, some new functionality or feature. Downgrading helps for those that have cards that are "old enough" and has drivers available.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I just suffered 2 crashes on Kobali Prime. It seems that this problem is spreading.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warchunwarchun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Any update on this? I recently tried runing sto on different computer from my work figuring i might as well do some dyson sphere bg ground runs while pulling a night shift, imagine my surprisw when i went to dyson BG started capturing the zone near the teleporter and bam i crashed