What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Featured Episode: Broken Circle

123457»

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I've noticed that if the Heralds vanish, you can wait for a couple minutes. They'll come running in from the entrance to the room. I think somehow the game is throwing them back to the beginning of the map, and they have to run back to you the long way.

It's nice to know that no matter how advanced they are, or how they are able to come and go as they please, that sometimes they have to get around like the rest of us :blush:
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    bones1970 wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    bones1970 wrote: »
    if you goto the room with 4 consoles you only can activate 3 consoles but the iconian doesn't come.

Really? I just did the mission and didn't have any trouble activating all 4 consoles and defeating M'Tara.

(ground)1 room before you get the 4 consoles, if you put mines on the ground and she spawn on the mines you can't activate console 2.
    Did you put mines on the ground before she spawned and then did she spawned on the mines ???
    Don't quote me out of context.

I actually think the bug ties into the order you activate the consoles in. I could be wrong about that but I THINK it's either caused because of a broken link when you activate them in the wrong order or something that pushes one of the reinforcement enemies through the floor/wall, blocking the next step from opening up.

Possibly could be an issue with order, but I've deliberately tried to change which consoles I chose during my runs. I'm sure I haven't tried every combination, but it would be weird as heck if that was it. I haven't had any major issues so far.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    I'm glad to see this FE doesn't suffer from the bug with the weekly rewards not resetting on Thursday.

Quite enjoyed the mission.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Opening the Reactive Armor Catalysts Pack did not add the Armor Catalyst crafting option in the Engeneering R&D. Just sayin'
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    A possible fix to the annoying respawn mob would be to maybe have the enemies target some of the other Bridge officers instead of just homing in on the captain always.

This has always been a problem in this game.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • Options
    lepointblanklepointblank Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    A possible fix to the annoying respawn mob would be to maybe have the enemies target some of the other Bridge officers instead of just homing in on the captain always.

This has always been a problem in this game.

Probably because you as the captain generate a lot more offence, and the AI is setup to target the guy that is capable of doing the most damage to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    Enormous difference between lying to/tricking the Romulans - which was Sisko's intent, not murdering Vreenak - and genocide of an entire species, isn't it?
    ​​

Potato, po-tah-to. One could argue semantics til they're blue in the face.

Point is. There's a threat that exists with little to no chance of peaceful cohabitation. We have only one choice, even if it means going against our ideals.

Assuming that's all you can do with the time ship--and I'm not convinced it is the only thing. If we can use it to scramble some Iconian brains without killing them or erasing them from the timeline entirely, that might be doable (remember that Annorax could beam people through his temporal shielding), that might be one way to do it.

Also, a less disgusting option than genocide--though still not a great one (and one I would only consider if the option above fails)--would be to remove a certain troublemaking individual from the timeline: J'mpok. Eliminate him, and potentially the Undine infiltration matter is solved peacefully by Martok or an ideological successor of his (Worf?) without forcing the Federation into a war that helps destabilize the quadrant. Also, with the Federation an active part of the solution instead of responding with understandable anger at what would look to them like a BS excuse for a war just like 2372 (remember the Klingons' invasion of Cardassia on FALSE claims of Dominion infiltration--which directly led to giving the Dominion a beachhead in the Alpha Quadrant!), their full diplomatic faculties could be engaged, and we might well HAVE the chance to talk the Undine--and their firepower--onto our side.

Boy, that is a fantastic idea that will absolutely never happen. Cryptic seems perfectly content to let the Klingons be Karma Houdinis.
  • Options
    zomuluszomulus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    WOW! So what's the the final reward for “Broken Circle" ground or space item?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,330 Arc User
    zomulus wrote: »
    WOW! So what's the the final reward for “Broken Circle" ground or space item?

Space. From the description it is similar to the nimbus distress call, but with DQ ships.

As for this week's reward, is this module aimed at ground PVP because i don't see any other applications.
    ​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I have had enemies spawn behind the wall, which caused the second console to not be available to activate because I couldn't kill the enemies. I had to restart the entire mission, which is boring and repetative enough as it is.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I have had enemies spawn behind the wall, which caused the second console to not be available to activate because I couldn't kill the enemies. I had to restart the entire mission, which is boring and repetative enough as it is.

I have never had to re-start the entire mission, just from the beam in point. Still kind of a pain, but not as much of a pain. If the game ask you to pick Safe Mode, skip that one on the first try getting back in to any mission. If it jams you up on 2 or more tries, start from safe mode or drop a Miss and begin as if new.

Skipping Safe Mode has worked for me nearly every time a mission gets cranky.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    deomagnisdeomagnis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My turn yesterday with my kdf produced a box allright but inside no spec point or upgrade but 3 manuals... emit unstable warp bubble I, II and III..... am I missing something? :|
    Past successes are never a guarantee for future ones
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

I have never had to re-start the entire mission, just from the beam in point. Still kind of a pain, but not as much of a pain. If the game ask you to pick Safe Mode, skip that one on the first try getting back in to any mission. If it jams you up on 2 or more tries, start from safe mode or drop a Miss and begin as if new.

Skipping Safe Mode has worked for me nearly every time a mission gets cranky.

I wasn't going to take the chance of that causing the same to happen. If it had done it again from starting over, I would have just given up on ever doing the mission.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    deomagnis wrote: »
    My turn yesterday with my kdf produced a box allright but inside no spec point or upgrade but 3 manuals... emit unstable warp bubble I, II and III..... am I missing something? :|
    That's a regular mission reward I think.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    jam subspace transmissions is about as useful as a chocolate kettle, doesn't seem to work against iconians or heralds. an utter waste of time choosing this as a reward
  • Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I quite liked this mission. I didn't like that Paris and Korim were put in charge of it. "Yeah, we're losing this war, so instead of waiting the week it'll take to have a fighting chance, let's try a full frontal assault on their strongest point!" *slow measured clap* Brilliant, boys. Brilliant.

Besides. All of that is not how you defeat Iconians. With Krenim tech, shift them into the broken moment where the Krenim have been hiding, then out again. The Iconians can't survive time travel with intact minds. So shove them forward in time a quarter moment, then shoot 'em in the face, a lot, while they're busy drooling. War over, and no significant ramifications to the timeline.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I feel like the intention was 'okay, we have a temporal thing that might work but isn't, so let's do one last try to win this conventionally first'. But it didn't quite come through the dialog properly.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It would be nice if the spec point reward reset when the new weekly doodad became available. I saw the reinforcement beacon was available this morning and ran the mission, but didn't get the spec point. I would have just waited til tomorrow.
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 429 Arc User
    So what's the word on the new distress call? Can it be activated in your inventory just like the Nimbus Distress Call?
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    tinyfisted wrote: »
    I quite liked this mission. I didn't like that Paris and Korim were put in charge of it. "Yeah, we're losing this war, so instead of waiting the week it'll take to have a fighting chance, let's try a full frontal assault on their strongest point!" *slow measured clap* Brilliant, boys. Brilliant.

Besides. All of that is not how you defeat Iconians. With Krenim tech, shift them into the broken moment where the Krenim have been hiding, then out again. The Iconians can't survive time travel with intact minds. So shove them forward in time a quarter moment, then shoot 'em in the face, a lot, while they're busy drooling. War over, and no significant ramifications to the timeline.

Interesting suggestion and ive no doubt it would work, but you are forgetting with whom you are dealing , now cryptic cant go off and end the war without milking us players, for every possible dime they can milk and squeeze from out wallets.

Now can they after all thier chinese overloard would not stand for it now would they.....now hang you head i shame :D
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Good, now we can see what the next FE will bring. I usually wait until they get done releasing the rewards per week. So when I go through it. It will be 1 time per character, unless the rewards are worth it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    So what's the word on the new distress call? Can it be activated in your inventory just like the Nimbus Distress Call?

yes it can
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 429 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    yes it can

Nice! I'm definitely going to pick this up for all my toons. It'll probably take 5 hours but it's well worth it. Thanks!
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User

freakium wrote: »
    robeasom wrote: »
    yes it can

Nice! I'm definitely going to pick this up for all my toons. It'll probably take 5 hours but it's well worth it. Thanks!

Unfortunately it puts your Nimbus Pirate Distress Call on 15 minute CD so it's basically just a visual choice. :(