test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag: Place your bets!

2»

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    Sorry, but this isn't a poll, it's a complaint. Which in itself may be correct (I do not experience any serious lags at the moment, but I had my moments over my time here, where I really struggled), but even if "polls get attention" - whose attention, I may ask, because many people replying does not make it more important to devs necessarily - this is just annoying because it is plain soapboxing. You are preaching to your choir but annoying those who do not have these issues. Does not help the community.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    The lag is permanent. The game is broken. Get used to it.
    I posted this in another thread, but for those who don't know how bad this game has got at times over the past 7 months... https://youtube.com/watch?v=hrw4rYhW6CA
    animated.gif
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I posted this in another thread, but for those who don't know how bad this game has got at times over the past 7 months... https://youtube.com/watch?v=hrw4rYhW6CA

I suffer lag spikes even with just 5 guys on the screen (but most of the times totally playable, with the exception of tholian red alerts), so trust me when i completely agree with this video that when you play an advanced queue with so many guys on the screen, things get ridiculous really fast.
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    If the lag stayed up until now it is going to stay, it just proves this game's engine is broken beyond repair and you will see they will give up on it soon stating "too hard to fix". DOOM!
    Gameserver not found.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    If the lag stayed up until now it is going to stay, it just proves this game's engine is broken beyond repair and you will see they will give up on it soon stating "too hard to fix". DOOM!

The game engine has nothing to do with the lag... but the problem is, the game engine is also broken... and everything adds up.. and eventually things could explode!!! lol
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    I hope that eventually the lag gets fixed.. However I'm not very hopeful. I wish that one time the lag will go and I won't have to dummy things down to just play anything...​​
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    We'll make it to the next anniversary without a fix. Lagfest 2016!
    Personally, I'm starting to think STO has been broken beyond repair. Hardware crippling abilities, among other things, that may simply have no fix, short of disabling the whole lot of them.

Weeks of lag. Months. Years?

You tell me...

temporary but long lasting​​
    DUwNP.gif