test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Torpedo's separated from beams and cannons ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Yes Seperate it, slot the torpedos part from the weapons slots
    I would like to put at least one launcher at the front and one at the rear.
    And buffing the torpedo speed and decrease the resistance of shields vs kinetic damage.
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    No let it be !!!
    Why? Does not make sense to me...a weapon is a weapon. Instead should be asking to give more weapon slots than the ones currently in the game
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    I've always said torpedoes should have their own slot.

More precisely, I always thought that ships should have generic torpedo launchers and allow me to fire differing torps from my inventory as situations dictate, but I assume separate projectile slots is as close as I'm likely to ever get.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    No let it be !!!
    No

/10charrrs
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    No let it be !!!
    kimmym wrote: »
    I've always said torpedoes should have their own slot.

More precisely, I always thought that ships should have generic torpedo launchers and allow me to fire differing torps from my inventory as situations dictate, but I assume separate projectile slots is as close as I'm likely to ever get.

Each energy weapon shot should permanently lower your total warp core power then. You know, for that extra realism.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    make torpedoes effective against shields. limit the amount of torpedoes store-able on board, and do give the option of mix and match. the more powerful the torpedo, the higher the price. it would certainly have a huge impact on players like myself who love a cloud of targets and unleashing TS3
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Since y'all are pushing for accuracy, while you're at it, why not make your ships burn through dilithium while you fly it too. The faster and the longer you keep your ship at full throttle, the more dilithium it burns. If you run out of dilithium, you're dead in space with no weapons and shields. Then limit the amount of dilithium you can refine and carry. You'll need to travel to a space station or inhabited planet to resupply (from your banked dil).

No thank you...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    No let it be !!!
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    I say separate the torpedo's from the weapons slots so I can have 8 beams slotted 5 in front and 3 in the rear and part from those slots you have room to install Torpedo's in the Torpedo slot's. and to overcome a power creep when you are in battle and select a different torpedo then there is selected at that moment there is a 20 sec delay because your crew have to reload the torpedo tubes.

Why? dont see any REAL reason :)
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif