test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your favorite ST series?

themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Ten Forward
I hear many conflicting opinions on which series that the fanbase generally likes the best, so I decided to make a poll and see for myself.
Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.

What is your favorite ST series? 150 votes

TOS
16%
virusdancerprotogothcrypticarmsmanvelquabloodyrizltminnslexusk19midnightrider7chrisedallen89warmaker001bdrakethewhitecirran1tunebreakervaloreahcidstormcaptainhunter1sistericgfreeman98psiameesehartzilla 25 votes
TAS
1%
markhawkmansuperyeahdit 2 votes
TNG
23%
aduinfinrod1shpokschestertrekmattjohnsonvathemetalstickmanvivenneanthonymjarbarkjwashingtonsysil84rmy1081darthnomadkillermwgacy1teluasspacehermitryugasiriusstartrek1234567ghostmatterfimbulvinternjohn98837centaurianalpha 35 votes
DS9
35%
worffan101divvydavedaboholicrahmkota19nyxadrillgulberatwildweasalkurumimorishitamustrumridcully0psyman87smeeinn1tphenomenaut01reyan01artan42a3001cidjackfleetadmiraltacomhall85nandospceldarion79 53 votes
VOY
13%
nynikjodarkriderdaniela1055random909e30ernestkitsunesnoutzarato4218anonymousplaguekerygansom3one1boricua13strorusnecromortevinceeverslsegnseriousxenovelzarikelettesmikoto8472chelsealinn 20 votes
ENT
10%
berginstehbubbalooyreodredtarastheslayerpicard51seaofsorrowsgradiigameversemandgdolphflash525canisrufus5damainxsaleh01onecassiusdiotimofborg 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    TNG

Ah. Well at least this one has TAS on it :p
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    TOS

Ah. Well at least this one has TAS on it :p

It will be interesting to see how many votes it gets.
  • Options
    TNG
    It will be interesting to see how many votes it gets.

Not looking too good for it so far lol
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    DS9
    I was torn between DS9 and Enterprise, but in the end I had to go with DS9 not so much for the Dominion War but more for the fantastic characters. Enterprise is a close second though for the same reason.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    DS9
    Evenly divided between TNG, for being my first Trek series and my love of Picard, Worf, and Data, and DS9 for being generally awesome.

TOS comes in third, then Voyager, and Enterprise a distant last for general failure.
  • Options
    TNG
    walligig wrote: »
    I was torn between DS9 and Enterprise, but in the end I had to go with DS9 not so much for the Dominion War but more for the fantastic characters. Enterprise is a close second though for the same reason.

True. I also enjoyed the ENT characters, sans Archer.
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    DS9
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Evenly divided between TNG, for being my first Trek series and my love of Picard, Worf, and Data, and DS9 for being generally awesome.

TOS comes in third, then Voyager, and Enterprise a distant last for general failure.
    I'll admit that Enterprise had a horrible start. If they didn't constantly try to shove the Vulcans down our throats all first season it would be easy to forget it was even a star trek. I think it got a lot better though around 3rd and 4th season. Unfortunately it was too little too late.

sstosig2.png
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    TNG
    TNG had just the right pace, exploration, mystery, and what I'd like more of if there ever was a new series.

DS9 had some of the best episodes ever, combined with the best character development, acting, and unfolding storyline.

VOY's story concept was great, but way over the top, unrealistic & unreasonable (even for a Sci-Fi), episodes being much too fast paced trying to account for too much in too little time, and overall didn't seem mature enough as compared to other series.

ENT was surprisingly good overall, a big improvement over all of VOY's many faults, but very sad that it was cancelled short. Otherwise, it's still eclipsed by DS9 & TNG still in my opinion.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    DS9
    I speak for the silent... majority by saying DS9.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    I don't have a favorite series. Each one had episodes and characters that I really liked. If I HAD to choose, DS9 and TAS.
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    DS9
    DS9 by far. A captain whom I would actually trust as my CO, many finely handled, dark and dramatic morality plays that give the viewer enough credit for their intelligence (unlike how preachy TNG tended to be, especially early on), one of the few Star Trek comedy episodes ever that's actually watchable ("Trials and Tribble-ations"), the USS Ben Sisko's Mothereffin' Pimp Hand, excellent and thematically appropriate use of story arcs (which VOY lacked where it shouldn't have), and writers who actually paid attention to the fans reacting badly to annoying characters and remedied it (look at early Bashir versus Bashir a couple seasons in, and then compare Wesley Crusher or Neelix).
    'Nuff said.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    TNG
    TNG of course. The best Sci Show ever created for sooo many reasons.

DS9 with all that god-related stuff in the way, no thanks. As atheist person, i coudnt stand DS9 more than the fighting episodes and other spreaded ones. If you rip-off the last season (where all the "good fights" are) and some episodes here and there, DS9 is like "meh". Not to mention the crappy acting of some characters. And still, it is a good show, like every star trek show. Even ENterprise was a good show, even if some purists will never like it.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    TOS
    TOS, it was the more fun series and the universe was also more interesting back then.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    *votes vor movie era*
    yeah I know it didnt really have a TV show but 2,3,4 were back to back like a series... so I can claim its one right? :p
  • Options
    DS9
    *votes vor movie era*
    yeah I know it didnt really have a TV show but 2,3,4 were back to back like a series... so I can claim its one right? :p

Oh if we are talking the movies my vote goes to Galaxy Quest just because I can. It might not technically be a Star Trek movie but its star trek enough for me.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    walligig wrote: »
    *votes vor movie era*

Oh if we are talking the movies my vote goes to Galaxy Quest just because I can. It might not technically be a Star Trek movie but its star trek enough for me.
    needed more TRIBBLE, less tentacles, and more hot alien TRIBBLE
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    DS9
    DS9 was so much better writing and character focused.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    DS9
    DS9 DS9 DS9 DS9
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    TNG
    I like TOS, but I prefer The Next Generation. It rekindled weekly T.V. science fiction and paved the way for many others to follow. Not just Star Trek DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise. Stargate SG-1, SG-A, Babylon 5, Firefly, the list goes on. Science fiction most likely would have remained in books for several more decades.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    No option for me, as I like them ALL so, I have no actual favorite!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    TOS
    http://www.playboy.com/articles/star-trek-episode-guide-part-seven

The link's to part 7, giving their top 100 (though it has 695 ranked) and the top 10 episodes.

10) TOS, S2, "Amok Time"
    9) TNG, S6, "Chain of Command"
    8) TNG, S3-4, "The Best of Both Worlds"
    7) DS9, S5, "By Inferno's Light"
    6) TOS, S1, "Arena"
    5) TNG, S5, "Darmok"
    4) TNG, S3, "Yesterday's Enterprise"
    3) TOS, S2, "Mirror, Mirror"
    2) TNG, S5, "The Inner Light"
    1) TOS, S1, "The City on the Edge of Forever"

TOS: 4
    TAS: 0
    TNG: 5
    DS9: 1
    VOY: 0
    ENT: 0

VOY shows up at #12 with S3-4's "Scorpion".
    TAS shows up at #17 with S1's "Yesteryear".
    ENT shows up at #36 with S4's "Kir'Shira".

In the top 100 they've got ranked though, there are...

TOS: 22
    TAS: 5
    TNG: 30
    DS9: 21
    VOY: 15
    ENT: 7

Which would give us...

TNG > TOS > DS9 > VOY > ENT > TAS

...in just looking at the top 100.

What about the stinkers, though? Their bottom of the list? The 695 through 601, eh?

TOS: 3
    TAS: 3
    TNG: 16
    DS9: 20
    VOY: 44
    ENT: 8

Which would give us...

VOY > DS9 > TNG > ENT > TOS = TAS

...wait, lower would be better, so it would be...

TOS = TAS > ENT > TNG > DS9 > VOY

...with VOY having the most stinkers - twice as many as DS9.

Course, that's only 94...should have been 95, but there was no #684.

Let's grab the next 6 to get to 100 though, yeah?

600) VOY
    599) DS9
    598) TNG
    597) VOY
    596) VOY
    595) VOY

With no big surprise there, lol. Takes our numbers to...

TNG: 17
    VOY: 48

With that, we can get into some percentages in the top 100 and bottom 100, right?

TOS: 22% Top / 3% Bottom
    TAS: 5% Top / 3% Bottom
    TNG: 30% Top / 17% Bottom
    DS9: 21% Top / 21% Bottom
    VOY: 15% Top / 48% Bottom
    ENT: 7% Top / 8% Bottom

In going through to look at positive numbers and working an average, it would be a case of subtracting the bottom from 100% to get the percent that it wasn't the bottom...totally fake maths!...but still, dorking about then...

TOS: (22 + 97) / 2 = 59.5
    TAS: (5 + 97) / 2 = 51.0
    TNG: (30 + 83) / 2 = 56.5
    DS9: (21 + 79) / 2 = 50.0
    VOY: (15 + 52) / 2 = 33.5
    ENT: (7 + 92) / 2 = 49.5

TOS > TNG > TAS > DS9 > ENT > VOY

...where it could be easy to see that 0.5 shifting and putting ENT in front of DS9, basically having those two as bad as one another - basically on par for badness...with VOY obviously being the stinkerfest that it is.

One could also likely point out some stuff going on with the TOS and TNG numbers, to get those closer...

Even TAS could probably drop down a bit....

Basically giving us...

TOS ~ TNG > TAS ~ DS9 ~ ENT > VOY
  • Options
    TNG
    http://www.playboy.com/articles/star-trek-episode-guide-part-seven

The link's to part 7, giving their top 100 (though it has 695 ranked) and the top 10 episodes.

10) TOS, S2, "Amok Time"
    9) TNG, S6, "Chain of Command"
    8) TNG, S3-4, "The Best of Both Worlds"
    7) DS9, S5, "By Inferno's Light"
    6) TOS, S1, "Arena"
    5) TNG, S5, "Darmok"
    4) TNG, S3, "Yesterday's Enterprise"
    3) TOS, S2, "Mirror, Mirror"
    2) TNG, S5, "The Inner Light"
    1) TOS, S1, "The City on the Edge of Forever"

TOS: 4
    TAS: 0
    TNG: 5
    DS9: 1
    VOY: 0
    ENT: 0

VOY shows up at #12 with S3-4's "Scorpion".
    TAS shows up at #17 with S1's "Yesteryear".
    ENT shows up at #36 with S4's "Kir'Shira".

In the top 100 they've got ranked though, there are...

TOS: 22
    TAS: 5
    TNG: 30
    VOY: 15
    ENT: 7

Which would give us...

TNG > TOS > DS9 > VOY > ENT > TAS

...in just looking at the top 100.

What about the stinkers, though? Their bottom of the list? The 695 through 601, eh?

TNG: 16
    DS9: 20
    VOY: 44

Which would give us...

VOY > DS9 > TNG > ENT > TOS = TAS

...wait, lower would be better, so it would be...

TOS = TAS > ENT > TNG > DS9 > VOY

...with VOY having the most stinkers - twice as many as DS9.

Course, that's only 94...should have been 95, but there was no #684.

Let's grab the next 6 to get to 100 though, yeah?

600) VOY
    599) DS9
    598) TNG
    597) VOY
    596) VOY
    595) VOY

With no big surprise there, lol. Takes our numbers to...

TNG: 17
    VOY: 48

With that, we can get into some percentages in the top 100 and bottom 100, right?

TOS: 22% Top / 3% Bottom
    TAS: 5% Top / 3% Bottom
    TNG: 30% Top / 17% Bottom
    DS9: 21% Top / 21% Bottom
    VOY: 15% Top / 48% Bottom
    ENT: 7% Top / 8% Bottom

In going through to look at positive numbers and working an average, it would be a case of subtracting the bottom from 100% to get the percent that it wasn't the bottom...totally fake maths!...but still, dorking about then...

TOS: (22 + 97) / 2 = 59.5
    TAS: (5 + 97) / 2 = 51.0
    TNG: (30 + 83) / 2 = 56.5
    DS9: (21 + 79) / 2 = 50.0
    VOY: (15 + 52) / 2 = 33.5
    ENT: (7 + 92) / 2 = 49.5

TOS > TNG > TAS > DS9 > ENT > VOY

...where it could be easy to see that 0.5 shifting and putting ENT in front of DS9, basically having those two as bad as one another - basically on par for badness...with VOY obviously being the stinkerfest that it is.

One could also likely point out some stuff going on with the TOS and TNG numbers, to get those closer...

Even TAS could probably drop down a bit....

Basically giving us...

TOS ~ TNG > TAS ~ DS9 ~ ENT > VOY

bnqpc.jpg
    Og12TbC.jpg

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    TOS
    I do appreciate TAS getting it's own entry. Though I couldn't have voted for just TAS, as I actually consider the cartoon a direct extension of TOS.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    TNG
    I grew up watching tng so it holds a special place for me. I enjoyed all the other star trek series as well, even enterprise, which for whatever reason people hate.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ENT
    As I suspected, I'm pretty much the opposite of the majority. Loved Enterprise, thought TNG was 85% fluff and boring garbage. There are a few good episodes of TNG, and the good ones are really good..but there are just too many filler episodes and too much junk.

One day I'll try DS9 again, the first season is so painfully bad I just can't get past it. Looks like it gets much better later on though. I enjoyed Enterprise, TOS, and Voyager.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    TAS
    As I suspected, I'm pretty much the opposite of the majority. Loved Enterprise, thought TNG was 85% fluff and boring garbage. There are a few good episodes of TNG, and the good ones are really good..but there are just too many filler episodes and too much junk.

One day I'll try DS9 again, the first season is so painfully bad I just can't get past it. Looks like it gets much better later on though. I enjoyed Enterprise, TOS, and Voyager.
    Hmmm yeah, TNG had a bunch of dumb episodes that had little purpose to them. Oooh look it's a spatial anomaly.... Ooh look random disaster!

There are several REALLY good episodes, but.... I think about half are dumb episodes.

I voted TAS because they had plots that TOS and TNG couldn't even THINK about trying to do. Mutating Kirk into a fish-man? In theory it could be done, but it'd have been stupidly expensive with the tech of the time, especially if you wanted him to be recognizable. and they'd have never even considered making a physical model of the Alien Pod Ship. Or Quetzalcoatl's temple.... or ship, or the Delta Triangle ship graveyard. Yes, TNG did ship graveyards.... BUT, TNG used primarily Federation wreckage. It didn't have cool looking alien ships never seen before(or since).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    DS9
    The last two seasons made it my favourite show. Enterprise managed similar but DS9 was just ways too cool.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Hmmm yeah, TNG had a bunch of dumb episodes that had little purpose to them. Oooh look it's a spatial anomaly.... Ooh look random disaster!

There are several REALLY good episodes, but.... I think about half are dumb episodes.
    don't forget the number of 'SAVE US WONDER BOY WESLEY!!' episodes -.-