What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you want LCARS type Forums?

13»

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Sorry, I don't really see much similarity between your theme and LCARS. It looks nice, and all, but it doesn't really have any of the graphical similarities to LCARS.

Also, way to necro a thread.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    "Would you want LCARS type Forums?"
    - yes a
    - yes b
    - yes c
    - yes d
    - yes e

What a poll....

I vote for "no". It is inredibly difficult to make a LCARS inspired design work. The only example I know that really works is ufplanets.com

It has been pretty obvious that the current web development team (if there even is one) is not capable of even making a simple design work. The current forums are still a mess. Them trying to do a LCARS design would lead to a catastrophic failure.

I am not saying they are incompetent, it might as well be that they just lack the manpower.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    No.. ...more biased polls. LCARS is too busy, too many colors.
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    this is current sample design i made over last few months since my last post here
    https://gyazo.com/b29278b69a98b1956899342651e1b1f7

Where's the LCARS? Adding a background picture of a starship, and coloring a few elements does not make an LCARS display. Check out this link for some LCARS examples.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Missing: None of the above. This poll is rigged.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    The Wrath of Khan ERA LCARS
    ThreadNecromancer.jpg
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Voyager ERA LCARS
    Necromancy is irrelevant.
    /Closed.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.