test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you want LCARS type Forums?

Comments

• Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Cassandra's LCARS (my own version i use on my forums for my fleet)
    tacofangs wrote: »
    But there's no "No" option . . . . ?
    poor taco, expecting fairness in the forums...

nice ta see ya poking around here again :)

by the way. where is your signature coming from? it looks interesting.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    by the way. where is your signature coming from? it looks interesting.

His signature is a scene from Nemesis AKA Star Trek 10. That's Donatra's "Mogai" class IRW Valdore. But just a warning, avert your eyes; staring at scenes from Nemesis is known to burn straight into your soul. o:) (Despite this, yes it does have some nice space battles. In particuar it was where the original Scimitar was introduced :) )

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    okay, for anyone to see, i created a sample STO forums added with my own LCARS design for Official STO Forums. it was brought up to test different variety of LCARS design.

then i came to this, as it is now today. and of course, it turned out to be a fleet favorite LCARS design by my fleet. so i decided to work on it more to improve the design before i transfer the design to my main fleet forums.

Below is sample design of LCARS forum by me.

7v2M9Oi.png

Edit:
    before anyone asks, the background is photo of my starship in STO.
    i used the photo for that forum. it looked good with the sample design.
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Voyager ERA LCARS
    This is the forum I added to my website when I was thinking of running a fleet full time ...

lcarsforum.png

lcars.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Have Option to Pick any LCARS Themes for your own to use on the Official Forums
    Where's the Borg option? :p

http://www.lcarscom.net/borg_species.gif
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,846 Arc User
    okay, for anyone to see, i created a sample STO forums added with my own LCARS design for Official STO Forums. it was brought up to test different variety of LCARS design.

then i came to this, as it is now today. and of course, it turned out to be a fleet favorite LCARS design by my fleet. so i decided to work on it more to improve the design before i transfer the design to my main fleet forums.

7v2M9Oi.png

Edit:

Don't think CRYPTIC can afford the cost. Yes most fleets have more money that Cryptic who will save a penny from any way possible. The ARC forums are a disgrace from any perspective. Mobile unfriendly, quoting and search mediocre at the very least plus many other disadvantages. I like the polls and animated GIFs but at times it could be epilectic and too flashy. Anything is an improvement to the ARC forums. :*
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    im using some custom css injections created by some forum members.. @asterelle and @nrglg
    awesome what you css script writing folks can do. @rcassandrasaturn i like that you havent gone overboard with your LCARS format, very tidy.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    I would vote for the "no" option.

I think basic simple color schemes would be more than enough for me.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    qziqza wrote: »
    im using some custom css injections created by some forum members.. @asterelle and @nrglg
    awesome what you css script writing folks can do. @rcassandrasaturn i like that you havent gone overboard with your LCARS format, very tidy.
    that does look pretty... maybe one in Borg? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

7v2M9Oi.png

Edit:

Don't think CRYPTIC can afford the cost. Yes most fleets have more money that Cryptic who will save a penny from any way possible. The ARC forums are a disgrace from any perspective. Mobile unfriendly, quoting and search mediocre at the very least plus many other disadvantages. I like the polls and animated GIFs but at times it could be epilectic and too flashy. Anything is an improvement to the ARC forums. :*

well i offer free volunteering to fix their forums. i have little knowledge of Vanilla Forums. they have same properties as the LCARS forum does.

my LCARS forum has features that not all forums has. those features are "Like", "thumbs up/down" and polls within topics, allowance of animated GIFs buttons, signatures. including the ability to select any theme for your personal use on the forum. many more of features are available here.
  • Options

thanks. i do keep all my forums tidy and looking nice while being in ordered form.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Anything is better then what we've got now. These vanilla forums suck.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    that does look pretty... maybe one in Borg? :D
    lol.. well i'm working on BORG Theme on the forum of mine too but LCARS is priority.
  • Options
    alright, http://sto-forums.proboards.com/ this is link to the sample forums. anyone can view for themselves to see. it's mostly still in WIP stage. once finished, i will transfer the design to my main fleet forum.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    belidos wrote: »
    This is the forum I added to my website when I was thinking of running a fleet full time ...
    lcarsforum.png
    thats cool also, nice to see a transparent theme done well.

tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    Voyager ERA LCARS

7v2M9Oi.png

Edit:

Got to say this is the least LCARS looking attempt I have seen, Adding a couple of yellow bars to forum headers does not an LCARS theme make. The effort from Belidos however does look very LCARS like.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Voyager ERA LCARS

lcarsforum.png

Nice, well done looks far better than many I have seen.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    smeeinn1t wrote: »

7v2M9Oi.png

Edit:

Got to say this is the least LCARS looking attempt I have seen, Adding a couple of yellow bars to forum headers does not an LCARS theme make. The effort from Belidos however does look very LCARS like.

actually it was TNG era LCARS. but now i came back to it and updated the design again. went with my own original design. i call it Kamidake LCARS. i use black transparent design, which gives Kamidake LCARS a unique LCARS design that's not normally used by any Trek shows or in game. Kamidake LCARS was named after my ship in the game.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Not to be too cynical, but *anything* but this forum layout, really.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    This is actually a decent looking LCARS, but I haven't heard if he's finished it, or plans to release it.
    eiledon wrote: »
    Been playing around with an LCARS theme for trek fans, not sure if there is a desire for it. If so I will keep at it.

pwlcars_zpsgigffbpk.jpg~original

• Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I just want a better layout, thats all. I think a lscars theme will be too confusing. But again, why you guys always forget the "NO" option?? useless polls lol..
  • Options
    Voyager ERA LCARS

7v2M9Oi.png

Edit:

actually it was TNG era LCARS. but now i came back to it and updated the design again. went with my own original design. i call it Kamidake LCARS. i use black transparent design, which gives Kamidake LCARS a unique LCARS design that's not normally used by any Trek shows or in game. Kamidake LCARS was named after my ship in the game.

Just this LCARS.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    The Wrath of Khan ERA LCARS
    how disappointing... Im still the only one that wants a Wrath of Khan/movie era one
  • Options
    Voyager ERA LCARS
    how disappointing... Im still the only one that wants a Wrath of Khan/movie era one

To be honest any decent LCARS from any of the series or movies would be good. TWoK is also a cool one.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I agree with Taco there's no "No" option. I've seen many websites with full LCAR look and forums at first it looks cool, then the novelty wears off and it just becomes annoying to navigate. You don't know what's an image or a link. Just too cluttered. Modern look is best left sleek, clean, and and easy to navigate.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    I'd rather have a Borg theme.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Voyager ERA LCARS
    thats cool also, nice to see a transparent theme done well.

Thanks, the trick with transparent websites is not to make it too transparent, just a hint of the image behind is all that's needed, plus an image that is similar in colour scheme to the rest of the site helps a lot, it blend sin more and doesn't stand out and detract from the content.

Nice, well done looks far better than many I have seen.

Thanks, I wanted a look that was easily readable but had an LCARS look without being too cluttered, it's not strictly LCARS but has elements to blend it into an LCARS theme.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,834 Arc User
    I'd vote to choose which ever, but if I had to choose one...I really like the TMP version...especially the Enterprise B.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Just go with any LCARS Theme
    Would you want Forums to look great in LCARS style forums?

choose your vote below for each of different LCARS options.
    remember to Leave a Comment below for your reason why you picked the option.

No option for "NONE"
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    this is current sample design i made over last few months since my last post here
    https://gyazo.com/b29278b69a98b1956899342651e1b1f7
This discussion has been closed.