test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

d3d fatal error come on someone has to have a fix here for this thing

blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
alright yall this is getting to be a bit ridiculous here someone out there in these forums has to have a fix or a directx 9 gameprefs.pref file or something so that those of us who get this direct3d fatal error can play this game. i mean ever since star trek online went with having directx 11 auto enabled those of who who don't have a directx 11 compatible video card are screwed from being able to play this game. safe mode doesn't work because it auto goes into full screen mode at the iconian wars load screen and altering the gameprefs.pref file or even deleting it doesn't work either. there has got to be a fix for this. i give up i can get sto to run fine on windows 7 no problems but windows 10 all i get is this fricken direct3d fatal error issue. i've searched through these forums with no success in finding any kind of a fix and i'm at wits end here. as i've stated ever since cryptic and perfect world entertainment auto enabled directx 11 those of us who have low end graphics cards have gotten screwed and are unable to play this game anymore on operating systems such as windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows 10 and its not just star trek online its neverwinter as well.
Post edited by blondie987 on

Comments

• Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    :'( I honestly can't believe that there is nobody in these forums or even in the support forums who has found a fix for this. i still get a d3d fata error and game crashes to desktop at iconian wars load screen is there nobody out there in the sto community that has a fix for this d3d fatal error so that i can get back to playing and honestly be able to get to character select screen and in game?
  • Options
    warpgirl69warpgirl69 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have the same error, can't find any solution either
  • Options
    sunshattersunshatter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I haven't played for a few months. I just downloaded the client and spent the last two and a half hours trying to get it past this stupid directx crash.
  • Options
    krazysi5150krazysi5150 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Everytime i go to earth spacedock itll crash and i mean everytime this sucks.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    NOTE: this works for the original sto launcher only.

open launcher.
    click options.
    select "safe mode"
    save
    ramp up setting when in game.

You will have to do this every time you play but it will allow you to play until we get a fix.

I have to do this every time I play annoying yes but even with updated everything drivers wise I still can't get into game without it crashing due to the DX issue.

hope this helps you guys who have been having the same issue as me.

JtaDmwW.png