test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still can't use anti-aliasing

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
So, uh... It's been eight months, for me personally, and I know there are those out there who have had it longer, but are you guys working on this at all?

Is there anyone else STILL suffering from blocks rather than smooth lines and edges, and a little curious about what's being done to fix it? Eight months is a long time for something like AA to not be working at all for a group of players.

Comments

• Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I dont think too many people are suffering from that, because i dont see any posts related to it, and it will be a real game-breaking thing. If you playing on high resolutions, the AA is not needed and in fact, it is better to play without it. This game has a really bad way to treat AA and it produces a lot of non desired effects. I use it, but i need to deactivate other graphic options (like soft particles, for example) because in combination they produce terrific jagged edges on the graphics for no reason. This is just an example.
  • Options
    Either way, if it's causing problems, shouldn't they be working to fix it, rather than just letting people turn it off? You way or mine, it definitely sounds broken still.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Either way, if it's causing problems, shouldn't they be working to fix it

Shouldnt they be working on fixing the entire game?? of course they should.. but.. but... you know who we are talking about , right? :)
  • Options
    andruist7andruist7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've been trying to find a way around this too. I have to either turn off AA or shadows, which sucks. Tried compensating for lack of AA with higher resolution but that didn't do much. The ironic part is that my last graphics card wasn't recognized by the game and I kept getting messages in that regard, yet it worked perfectly fine with it. This one apparently IS recognized, and it doesn't like it.
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    So, uh... It's been eight months, for me personally, and I know there are those out there who have had it longer, but are you guys working on this at all?

Is there anyone else STILL suffering from blocks rather than smooth lines and edges, and a little curious about what's being done to fix it? Eight months is a long time for something like AA to not be working at all for a group of players.

Are you using a Radeon card, by chance? Running on anything less than 14.12 Omega drivers? If both are true, then that's the issue; somewhere in between 12.10 and 14.x, they screwed something up with the shadows and such being blocky. 14.12 on it's fixed, so if you are on Radeon, I'd say to try getting the latest drivers (even if you are on Nvidia, I'd recommend the same).
  • Options
    [
    Running on anything less than 14.12 Omega drivers? If both are true, then that's the issue; somewhere in between 12.10 and 14.x, they screwed something up with the shadows and such being blocky. 14.12 on it's fixed, so if you are on Radeon, I'd say to try getting the latest drivers (even if you are on Nvidia, I'd recommend the same).

I am, but those are up to date.
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    but.. but... you know who we are talking about , right? :)

Sadly, I do. There are still a bunch of things like powers and such, in champions, that haven't worked in years... Sto really doesn't seem to be faring any better.

To be honest, I can't even use my headphones to play, because that crashes the game... I'm not even kidding. It actually crashes the game to use headphones for me. They say it's the Fmods, but it wasn't an issue until the first week of the winter event.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    [
    Running on anything less than 14.12 Omega drivers? If both are true, then that's the issue; somewhere in between 12.10 and 14.x, they screwed something up with the shadows and such being blocky. 14.12 on it's fixed, so if you are on Radeon, I'd say to try getting the latest drivers (even if you are on Nvidia, I'd recommend the same).

I am, but those are up to date.

Damn, I just remembered: it was the 14.12 Omega drivers that screwed things up, not prior! I had it in the back of my mind that I went back to the 14.9 for a reason, and that was it. The 15.3 Beta drivers fix it, though, haven't had any issues with those.
  • Options

I am, but those are up to date. [/quote]

Damn, I just remembered: it was the 14.12 Omega drivers that screwed things up, not prior! I had it in the back of my mind that I went back to the 14.9 for a reason, and that was it. The 15.3 Beta drivers fix it, though, haven't had any issues with those.
    [/quote]

I'm on the 14.12. For some reason, it never lets be apply the beta, so I can't see if the 15.3 will fix it for me just yet. Hopefully soon though.
  • Options
    I'm on the 14.12. For some reason, it never lets be apply the beta, so I can't see if the 15.3 will fix it for me just yet. Hopefully soon though.

Yep, there's your issue; I'm pretty sure you'll have to uninstall your current to install the beta (which they say to uninstall your current even upgrading to the release versions), but it's worth it. You could even just step back to 14.9, like I did, before they put out the fix.

If you are intent on waiting for a release version, try turning off the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion; pretty sure that was the real cause of this issue. It won't make it go away completely, but it does make it better.