test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Vanilla Forums

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hey everyone!

LaughingTrendy here! You might have noticed that the Vanilla forums are up and running and that our redirects will be bringing us here! Wooo! After soft-launching the Vanilla forums, there were a couple key concerns the team needed to work through. Now that those have been resolved, we’re opening up the forums officially! I will continue working hard to resolve issues that may pop up (and I appreciate everyone’s feedback and reporting of issues. Srsly). Thank you for your patience and understanding as we bring up the new forums for everyone.

~Morrigan AKA LaughingTrendy

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    YAY!!! Have a Cookie :cookie:
  • jocelynbruneljocelynbrunel Member Posts: 19
    Awesome work.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    Happy to be of assistance .
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can now post!

Not sure on how to remove the "Champions Online User" bit under my Avatar, though?!? :/
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• angelus214angelus214 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    congrats on the new forums.... now i want MOARRRRR!!!! lol
    Untitled_1.jpg

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
  • conundrum129conundrum129 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Time for the guinea pigs to get to work.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    I can has BBCode for my signature, nau?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Still poking at Vanilla team to make that happen.

• jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Still poking at Vanilla team to make that happen.

Thanks for the response! Although I'm wondering why it's only this account (regardless of OS or Browser) and not my other and I CAN use BBCode in posts and comments?
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    STO-LCARS-Sig11a.png
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (that can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    Will the Dev tracker be coming back in the future?

Also, any chance we'll get new color schemes/themes as options? The basic black and white is extremely blah.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    canis36 wrote: »

Also, any chance we'll get new color schemes/themes as options? The basic black and white is extremely blah.
    RE: Dev Tracker

I'll be working to see about getting this back up. I know this was a big thing for a lot of people, so I'll be doing my best to try and get it going if possible. I've been kinda pre-occupied with login issues, but that doesn't mean the Dev Tracker isn't a high prio for me.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Hey... I can post now!
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Yay /sarcasm
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Cool deal.

Any word on our LTS/Vet forum titles? Not trying to be pushy about it (okay, maybe a little :p ) but I just liked my swanky blue title.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Still wish we weren't all living out of child boards. Though at least all the CSS and JS edits I'm running are making the place look more bearable. bear-35.gif
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    With the new forums can they possibly make the option where i can change the colors? it's very hard to read white on black.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    canis36 wrote: »

RE: Dev Tracker

I'll be working to see about getting this back up. I know this was a big thing for a lot of people, so I'll be doing my best to try and get it going if possible. I've been kinda pre-occupied with login issues, but that doesn't mean the Dev Tracker isn't a high prio for me.

Thanks for the answer and I apologize if I came off as anything other than inquisitive, as I wasn't even sure it was possible to have it under the new system. Also, as one of those afflicted by the login issues I thank you for your hard work :)
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    This Gorn can log in now and post. Yay!
    But for some reason it calls me a Champions Online User. What gives?
    And how can I change it?
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yay, I can finally post on my real account.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    My only sadness... I still can't have the T at the end of my username.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • draogndraogn Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    These forums are hideous, outdated, and insecure. While the old forums were also outdated, they were still better then these.
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    I am finally logged in, only took a few days. Strangely, when I click on my name on the top and get sent to the Home>Profile>Activity page it says I am a Champions Online user; never played the game.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Completely random question coming through: is there any way to impose a limit on signature size? I don't want to go around using adblock to remove any image that is simply too large for my taste, but signatures can be important enough to not simply turn on the option to block them all. Might be alone in this opinion, but hey, I gotta try.
  • thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    1) How do I "Search" on the new Vanilla Forum?

For example, I ONLY want to search the Star Trek Online board, under the DOFF section, for "purple Risa DOFF" for example.

There is a Search link at the top, but it searches ALL of Arc, and I can't find a way to narrow it down.

And Google Search is still pointing to all of the old locations and has not caught up yet.

2) How to change the change the colour background and text of the forum?

Thanks.
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    What the heck is "Neverwinter" and when did I use it? I'm an LTS of STO and don't really know or care what all the rest of this TRIBBLE is. Also, why does this stupid forum think I'm logging in from a new browser or PC EVERY TIME I LOG IN? I think this change is a BIG step backward. Why does ARC think STO players want to see Neverwinter or Champions posts, and vice versa?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is a bug when one tries to change their birth year. When you try to scroll down it does not scroll down (This is a Chrome issue it works ok in Internet Explorer). Please fix. Thanks. Otherwise it has been a mostly smooth transition for me from the old forums to the new forums.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Can you get them to put a navigation bar at the bottom of the forum?

It's really kind of stupid to read to the bottom of a page, then have to scroll up to the top to get to the next page.
    I concur.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Can we make these Vanilla forums look alittle more STO style they look bland and uninviting
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    @pwlaughingtrendy Can you please speak to the folks at Vanilla about limiting notifications to just the first unread post in a thread? Because really, it's ridiculous logging in after a few hours to see this;
    SM7SAFf.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!